The online racing simulator
First Attempt, opinions wanted
(8 posts, started )
So after owning S2 for about a year I just now found out how to edit the layouts lol. Here's my first attempt at something that people might enjoy.

This is a Tarmac-Rally kind of a layout, made for 2 people to go head to head. It's supposed to be similar to the rally events they have in the X-Games. The jumps are kind of glitchy and every once in a blue moon the will just shoot you off in a random direction, but as long as you practice a bit and are a smooth driver having enough speed to clear the jumps shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry I don't have any screenshots yet, for some reason when I try to take a screenshot it always ends up being all black. Hopefully the replay will work just as well.

Also, I designed it around using the RB4, but it works with most other cars, It's supposed to a challenge of skill though so 2 people using the same car and setup would be ideal (I've included my setup for the track).
Attached files
RB4_Rally tarmac.set - 132 B - 1023 views
[^JÏÏ]BDub_BL3_RB4_FINISHED.spr - 83.1 KB - 160 views
BL3_Leet.lyt - 2.5 KB - 176 views
just imagine racing online with this...
So I take it you enjoyed it

And yes I designed this with online in mind, I would love to find someone to host this so I can try it out with a second person to race against. Even if the server was full all day and I had to spectate I bet this would be fun to watch like a round robin tournament to see who has the best driving skill.
Accidentally posted the wrong replay...the right one is there now.
Yeah, it's fun. Just a little bit too narrow sometimes IMO, but it's fairly good layout for a first attempt. You maybe should just erase the ramps just after T2, because it's not easy to survive from them on the first lap when you don't have enough speed.

And the attached set is really good too, I have an excellent feeling with it.
Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the layout just a bit to make 1 part a bit wider because even with a lot of practice on the track myself I found myself hitting the wall pretty often, but that's fixed now. Currently working on hosting a server on my second pc so I can try this layout online. If I ever figure out what I'm doing the server will be called Bdubs Rally Tarmac, and anyone is welcome to challenge the master.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG