The online racing simulator
Quote from three_jump :Those who always cutted the cones got a penalty. Worked well without any addtional layouts).

This proves you're clueless. Do you honestly think the OLFSL Staff wants to sit by their computers for hours after the actual races and watch replays in case a penalty should be given?? If you really want us to do this, I will expect you to be the first volunteering to do it!

First questions about when do we publish the results come right after the first pool of the race night. People demand to see the results immediately, but Monday at the latest. So when exactly are we going to watch the replays?
It's true, that the results only take FienDi's time, but we all have a life outside OLFSL.

I'll be the first one to say, that I have no interest what so ever to sit by my computer any more than I already have to because of OLFSL and school. I watch people race when I'm hosting, and I watch it to spot rule violations and to make sure nobody does anything stupid and ends up ruining someone's race. Try sitting by your computer all night and host 2 or 3 different races, all take about 1,5-2 hours/pool. Then try sitting by it to watch all the replays from the pools you just hosted. After you've done that, come back here and suggest this to me again. I might even take you seriously then, because you'd actually know what you're asking us to do..

The layouts we create are meant to help us hosts do our job (which we do not get paid for btw), not to make you feel miserable.

EDIT: Well excuse me FienDi was too tired last night to publish the decision we made about pool 1. You will see it when he comes back from work. Is that too late?
it's never too late

And about sitting in front of the pc and watching replays... you're right

But it worked also or not? I'm not saying that I want you to sit in front of the pc and watch the replays over and over again (unless it's a real big mess that happened). My whole starting point of the discussion was that the layout we used yesterday wasn't really helpfull in MY opinion, what I pointed already out...

:drink:
Layout, what's the big deal?
I can't see what everyone is complaining about!

All servers are open for practice at least 15 minutes before race, this is more than enough time to get used to a new layout. Although practice is optional, everyone should really get on the server early and race a few laps. Drivers connecting just before we call the grid are going to be cold, and more likely to get their braking wrong in T1.

It was also mentioned on the homepage over an hour before races started, I always check for any urgent news before my race starts, we've switched servers before now, best place to find any change of plans is on the site. Evryone should check before their race starts, I do, it only takes 10 seconds.

Secondly the tyres and cones will not have severly added to the framerate problem, there were never too many onscreen to cause a problem unless someone hit them, when they are moving is when all the hard cpu work is done, no phyiscs calculations are done when they're not moving only drawing calc.

Anyone with a slow computer will have trouble on the Rally track, the dust is the worst thing, but you can all put your graphics settings to Minimum, or even change your resolution lower, that will give you quite a frame boost.

With the rally you can have up to 19 cars in view, all jumping bashing, kicking up dustm this is what causes framerate problems, not tyres.

I think the extra tyres were a good idea, I'm pretty bad at rally (as you'll know if you saw me in pool 5) but I never crashed into them (only other peoples cars lol), I remember grazing them a couple of times, but that is fun.

If all you guys who are complaining about them, all in higher pools than me, which should mean you're better drivers, can't handle them, then guys, I can send you a link for some free kiddie racing games if you like, Live For Speed is for real racing men and women. And real racing men and women can handle the tyres!

My specs.

AMD 64 3000+ (754 socket)
1.5 GB Ram
ATI 9550 pro (not overclocked or flashed........yet)
Quote from russraine :If all you guys who are complaining about them, all in higher pools than me, which should mean you're better drivers, can't handle them, then guys, I can send you a link for some free kiddie racing games if you like, Live For Speed is for real racing men and women. And real racing men and women can handle the tyres!

LOL
Quote from Sracer :I experienced severe fps drop aswell in the first corners(<10) but then again my pc is not that good so I dont know which one it was.

Any ideas what caused the strange error message(out of stash space) and mass timing out after that in pool1 race2? Only 4 drivers out of 18 finished.

I'm going to refer that problem over to the devs and also to our server provider, just so you know, we at NASSA use a layout for BL2 and BL2R that have a few more objects and it has never been a big issue, as Tgrand had said, it's a dust and close contact issue i'm sure.

Here's the biggest point, I do not think anyone or any one thing is to blame for yesterday, I got hit so hard from behind in heat one it rolled me and up till now didn't say a thing......no need to....if I feel it was intentional I wouldn't post it here or in the chat box, i'd send my complaint to solar hydro and let him deal with it.

I've got nothing but respect for OLFSL drivers, they are some of the best around and my Sundays are a lot more fun having this league to drive in.

As far as the NASSA server goes, well last Sunday we had just as many racers out (16 and 15) and I seen only one Disconnect, please feel assured that we at NASSA will test the heck out of SO2 with the MRT before offering it as a backup to the OLFSL.

As Always we'll run a Tune up next Sunday, keep yah posted.

Peace and Good Driving to you all.
Anyone have the layout? I want to see what the whine is about.
Tnx
Thought the tyres were a great idea........fair for all involved........thoroughly enjoyed myself once again

Many thanks to the FienDi's for all there hard work
As i sai d i thought it was a good idea too

My specs are
Intel 3.2 478
msi neo2
1 gb ddr2
xfx nvidia 6600 pcie

so nothing near paradise

i didnt feell a thing

Once again i'd like to congratulate and thank to Fiendis for their effort.

Regards
and really sorry to [NASSA] Osoi... for bumping him hard.

Locked breaks

Thanks all for races
#37 - jsi
The layout didnt bother me one bit. Actually, the tires on the back straight were good markers for the turn-in point for the right-hander (great helper as i was having problems being consistent in that spot )

Instead of bitching on here, you should thank the FienDis (and others) for all the hardwork they put into organising the league.
Quote from mepresident :and really sorry to [NASSA] Osoi... for bumping him hard.

Locked breaks

Thanks all for races

Pedro KiLy diz:
dá cumprimentos meus ao Mepresident
Quote from Ze_Pistolas :Pedro KiLy diz:
dá cumprimentos meus ao Mepresident

O Ricardo está em Madrid há um mês. Problemas de saúde

Moi = Seca com que joga coma licensa dele

Mas dou
All conversations in english please.
lol.. they didnt talk about the league... btw hope he gets better mepresident
Quote from Neokiller :they didnt talk about the league

Doesn't matter, all conversations in english.
Quote from Neokiller :lol.. they didnt talk about the league... btw hope he gets better mepresident

Well, it would still be polite. Ei mekään täällä suomea puhuta, nääs.
Quote from varjsa-9 :Ei mekään täällä suomea puhuta, nääs.

LOL :huepfenic
Quote :Ei mekään täällä suomea puhuta, nääs.

hehe you dont fiendi? just kidding
He gozers, jullie zitten elkaar toch niet te treiteren? Dat zou me van jullie toch wat tegenvallen. Om deze tekst wat langer te maken zit ik gewoon even extra te zeuren en dat is mij wel toevertrouwd.
Quote from Mrs FienDi :All conversations in english please.

on se ilmoja pidellyt
Quote from HeerBommel :He gozers, jullie zitten elkaar toch niet te treiteren? Dat zou me van jullie toch wat tegenvallen. Om deze tekst wat langer te maken zit ik gewoon even extra te zeuren en dat is mij wel toevertrouwd.

I'm only going to say this one more time: ALL CONVERSATIONS IN OLFSL FORUM AND ON OLFSL WEBSITE IN ENGLISH. If you can't do that, don't say anything.

It is very rude to others, because most people don't understand many languages. This is why I'm letting you choose: official OLFSL language will be either english or finnish. Pick your poison and stick with it.
Wooaahh, this started with a joke, dont think anyone meant any harm there Mrs!

Dont mean any harm with this post either btw
finnish?
Although I'll probably regret it, I think it would be interesting to have Finnish as the official olfsl language. I wish I could speak more than one language, I just couldn't get the hang of French at school, and I'm half italian and never managed to learn that either.

I'm very interested in trying Japanese.

Anyway I'm sure you're all very interested in that, if you want to hear more about my lack if lingingual skills then let me know and I'll start a new thread for you all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG