The online racing simulator
Airbags?
(34 posts, started )
Airbags?
1. We already have realistic ABS system, we are waiting for the VW with ESP and what about G-meter based airbag systems for some of vehicles? It would be very realistic to stop after serious collision, being a bit benumed by exploding curtains

2. The idea of brakes temperature. Why while we have so advanced system of measuring tyres heat, it is impossible to improve LFS with brake's one?
Airbags... -1 from me
Heating brakes.. +1 but, it have been suggested many times, try to use Search feature
air bags tbh are a huge -1 from me, no point in having them in lfs and just waste coding time that could be better spent on your other suggestion because brake temps and therefore fading brakes are a huge +1
Airbags would serve no purpose in LFS, and most cars prepped for racing (showroom stock included) have airbags removed. You're wearing a racing harness, the air bug is superfluous.
1. It would be just an Visual enjoyment, LFS doesnt have driver injuries.
2. Why would you need airbag if you already wear a helmet?
3. Usually they remove airbags from race cars.
4. Why waste developing time on Airbags when lots of bugs are desperatly needing FIX.
Quote from Flegmatica :1. It would be just an Visual enjoyment, LFS doesnt have driver injuries.
2. Why would you need airbag if you already wear a helmet?
3. Usually they remove airbags from race cars.
4. Why waste developing time on Airbags when lots of bugs are desperatly needing FIX.

1 - Agreed
2 - ~Agreed
3 - Agreed
4 - AGREED!!!
I don't need to post my opinion as you did for me mate, lol.
airbags man WTF? serious ? not a chanse smart treat...
Quote from james12s :air bags tbh are a huge -1 from me, no point in having them in lfs and just waste coding time that could be better spent on your other suggestion because brake temps and therefore fading brakes are a huge +1

Yeah what you said.
#9 - STF
Along with airbags, why not seat belt..
If you`re not wearing it, in case of a big crash, the front window breaks while you take a plunge.. After that a message shows up:

"You are wounded, and necesit 2 months hospitalization. Return to LFS Multiplayer when you have recovered"
"XX has been kicked."
LFS World player status: "In hospital".

That should stop crashers.

Imagine now.. if you get killed in the accident.. :P

All for the sake of realism.
[/sarcasm]
+1 for brake heat, which will come, it has to.. eventually.
Quote from STF :That should stop crashers.

They say that buying s2 is the solution for that
Can you imagine, lightly touching someone in front of you and BAM!!! there goes the airbag filling the entire screen, this suggestion is shit. BAM
Quote from Napalm Candy :More respect

I do have respect for him, but not for the suggestion because its useless and takes way to long to make and so it delays alot of useful things that are being developed.
Quote from G!NhO :I do have respect for him, but not for the suggestion because its useless and takes way to long to make and so it delays alot of useful things that are being developed.

Can I signature that? I think it's the first sensible post I see from you.

I'm just joking... I don't find it sensible.

Lol, hope you don't get offended as that's not my intention. :P

OT: I still thinking the suggestion is shjt.
Ok, thanks for your opinions, I thought the idea of airbags is quite needless for racers in LFS - it was just an impulse of fantasy and without seatbelt function (which totally makes no sense) it might cause a misconception about separate work of those systems in real life. I also know that suggestion about brakes' heat is old as the hills, but I think it is necesarry to refresh this issue from time to time.
Quote from broken :
I'm just joking... I don't find it sensible.

how is it not sensible, explain please.
Quote from G!NhO :how is it not sensible, explain please.

Lol, sorry it actually is sensible. I was just joking.. Feeling funny today
I sent a private message to Victor 6 or 7 months ago related to "Airbags in Road Cars". And he was interested in this suggestion very politely. So even the "stupid ideas" could be assessed as a remarkable point.

The starting point was the unique feature regarding marketing issue. Any other sims or arcade games don't have this specific option. That's why I didn't open a thread in public forum, but now there is no need to this.

It's clear airbag doesn't have not primary even nor secondary privileges. And the hesitations about it:

1- An option for on/off
2- An option for reaction settings such like as brake power Nm

These prevent slight touching BAMs.

Finally, everyone including demoers should share their opinions. In second thread of any demoers, this type attitude does not help neither her/his nor LFS. A newbie + second thread + blame + flame + shame = disappointment + obstacle for possible S2 account.
Airbag in a game? Sorry but its just ridiculous. I dont see the point
Airbags?... hmm'kay... someone asked for cup holders, ..why not cig' lighter or climatized glove box then?...
:sheep:
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Airbags?... hmm'kay... someone asked for cup holders, ..why not cig' lighter or climatized glove box then?...
:sheep:

Cruise control would be a nice race-addon (now let's hope i didnot wake up the cruisers)
Thanks for humour.

1. It's for road cars, not race cars.
2. Not for racing, for marketing issue.
3. Marketing issue = In line with the licensed car manner, brands of the main car manufacturers could be interested in the unique feature that rest of the sims and games don't have it.
So you want the black screen when you crash? So you cant keep driving to pits if car allows to (not completed destroyed) ? What you want? Maybe alarm in lf cars?
This is just a waste of time.
But hey, if bmw comes here saying they put the m3 road version in game only with airbag, so be it.. but i dont think that will happen
Quote from tiagolapa :So you want the black screen when you crash? So you cant keep driving to pits if car allows to (not completed destroyed) ? What you want? Maybe alarm in lf cars?
This is just a waste of time.
But hey, if bmw comes here saying they put the m3 road version in game only with airbag, so be it.. but i dont think that will happen

We are not here for starting a polemic. It will be or not. But my want especially alarm theory assumption asserted by you is none of your business. Just make your own suggestion, don't speak in the name of others.

And please don't advise me about what I do.

Finally, our debating doesn't change the truth. Just more and more irritating grows up.
This might actually be cool for Demo. Imagine a crasher rams>airbag deploys>car unsteerable>write on the airbag "Wanna race for real? Buy LFS S2!" .

- Maybe peole will learn to drive cleanly (A bit of a big bump=bye bye from race)
- Crashers will get irritated hopefully because they can't keep doing it over and over (as long as mid-join race is turned off)
- Not sure about the FBM, airbag? Brake parachute? Airplane Ejector Seat? Warp engine till wall is hit?

Airbags?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG