The online racing simulator
sry, another grafic problem
(4 posts, started )
Hello everybody!
I got a strange problem playing LFS cos there shouldnt be any problems at all.
My specs:
P4 3.0 MHZ
Gefroce 6800 GT (new drivers 77.77)
1 BG RAM (2x512MB Corsair Value select)
Asus P4P 800 E deluxe
Hyundai LCD L90D+
MS sidewinder FF wheel (gameport)
Win XP SP2

Now the problem is that i get frames from 19 up to 35 (50max rarly). Sometimes, with many cars on track, or in the city circuit its impossible to steer exactly. No wonder with 19 frames. I really tried many different things, another controller, other drivers, even bios and stuff like that. win XP is a fresh installation.
The "funny" thing is that it makes no difference in single player or multiplayer, with low or high grafic settings. its always the same FPS.

Now, after spending much money on hardware, may i ask you how can it be that i got this problem?
Hope you can help me, i really love playing this game, but under those conditions its impossible to enjoy it entirely.

Regards,
VR
at the options menu, check if the FPS Limiter is set to an value...if yes, disable it.

Do you run any other programms while playing LFS? Its very wierd...
I run Seti@home and i lose only 20fps from 110.
now that i am here again i will take the opportunity to thank you for your replies and to tell you what exactly the problem was.
Plain and simple, it was my harddrive. It still worked without any problems but it was getting slower and slower. So i didnt think about the possiblity that it could have been the problem.
But i tried another HD and now i got no problems anymore. Everything is fine.

PS: for microsoft FF wheel users (gameport edition). when ff doesnt work like it should try to press shift+c a couple of times.....perhaps many times. Sometimes it takes me minutes to fix it. You can see it it worked when no "set property failed" does not appear after pressing shift+c. But it DOES work!
Another thing i found out (perhaps coincidence) is that when i am using windows media player, switch to another song and go back into LFS ff is working also. Sometimes, here also, i need several tries to fix the problem.
I hope it helps some ppl!

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG