The online racing simulator
Whats my problem with laser mice? (Laser not optical)
Basicly I play alot of fps (css/cod4 etc) and for along time I used a standard run of the mill 800dpi optical mouse then I decided Id get the "Saitek Cyborg 4200dpi gaming mouse" I got this mouse tried to use it a bit and didnt like the feel of it, I figured this was due to its extreme shape.

After this I eventully thought "Ok, ill give it another try" (After reverting back to the optical and sticking the cyborg on the cupboard behind me) so I went out and ordered a copperhead now I find this alot better than the cyborg, but I just cant get it to feel right and I'm pritty sure its the fact its laser and not optical.

(Unless its the railing on the side screwing with my <ring finger?> next to the little finger)

So after a few days I realy cant get it to feel right, even on standard 800dpi no acceleration cpl mouse fix etc (Like my optical mouse) it just wont feel right, its to sensitive or to slow all the time (My main problem been wobling on the y axis alot) and I realy cant work out if its because its laser and not optical or its ergomics for left+right handers..

Due to this I had a look around and ive seen the deathadder, it seems to be a variation on a standard optical mouse and made purely for right handed gamers, but before I go out and buy one (Probably selling the copperhead if anyones interested) I'd appreciate some help on why im stuck in this diliama (cant spell).

Cheers, Jim.

P.s, sorry for wall of death text
If you poke around in control panel, there are some settings. And it could be due to your mouepad. If where the laser shines on is laminated or shiny, it can cause problems with a mouses laser judgement.
Mice are funny things. Personally I've always stuck with Logitech as they've been brilliant with good RMA should I need it. I know most of their decent mice are designed for right handers (which is good for most people), but a few of their mice are available in left handed variants (only a few, mind).

I've been using a Laser MX Rev for way over a year now and every time I use another mouse, all I think is "why does anyone buy anything else".

For crisp, clean response, laser is the way to go. Don't let the large number DPIi trick you. I'd prefer a decent laser mouse over any fancy optical gaming one. Unless of course, it was a laser gaming mouse (such as the Logitech G5, IIRC).
I bought an optical mouse and keyboard set from a cheapy shop for £8 about a year ago. never had a problem with either of them.

The last decent laser mouse i bought cost me £22 and broke after about 3 weeks. Too bad i binned the reciept.

I just go for cheap stuff when it comes to keyboards and mice, that way, if it packs up or i don't like it, i havent lost alot.
My MX revolution started moving erratically, but after I cleaned the laser with a q-tip it was working like new. Could this be your problem?
Ye, wassup with peoples spending 50£ on a mouse. Dont tell me gaining 0.00004 seconds of speed in a FPS is worth this much...

The best tool doesnt make the best mechanic...
If you're aiming is slow or fast, chop and changes, or wobbles

Then you should start looking at your mousepad, laser mice need good smooth mousepads to work.

I use an Icemat, which is basicaly just a glass mousepad, works wonders
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
For crisp, clean response, laser is the way to go. Don't let the large number DPIi trick you. I'd prefer a decent laser mouse over any fancy optical gaming one. Unless of course, it was a laser gaming mouse (such as the Logitech G5, IIRC).

Lazer is shite :P

I have optical and laser mice and I can't stand the laser one (MX518 and MX400 respectively).

It's like anything, sure you don't need to spend lots of money on peripherals, but once you do you'll never go back to cheap stuff. My mousemat was £20 alone, but it was defiantely worth it, I have never found anything else as fast and smooth with such control as it.
I my MX518!
I had an MX518 and I prefer the MX Revolution. Just my personal opinion though.
Optical/wireless mouses have always probs. My 420dpi mouse is sucky tho, on mid range (aka. 30cm) it freezes up if any (even plastic) object comes between the mouse and the dongle.
Real men FPS with Wacom boards.

A6 size bitches.
For the record I use the mantis speed, and the wobbling isnt anything from the laser, it comes from me and the wya I move the mouse I think but I dont get it with the 800dpi optical mouse, maybe the extra tracking screwing with my movement style but I dont know tbh

Thanks for the help either way
#15 - Jakg
Quote from hazaky :I dont understand.

It's a graphics tablet.

Why spend money on a nice chair? Why not just sit on a big spike? Same principal...

*puts hand back on lovely Microsoft Arc for my laptop*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG