The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Pen Drive Borked - Any Way To Get It Working Again?
I got a cheapo 8GB TakeMS memory stick for Christmas - However it's now died - It keeps saying "please insert disc" when I put it in my PC (or the laptops) as it seems to think it's an optical drive.

Any ideas on what I could do to get it working?

I don't use it for anything important (got the SanDisk Cruzer Countour 8GB for that) but it'd be nice to get it working again
(Re)install drivers if you had a CD with it?
#3 - Jakg
Didn't get a CD and if it needs drivers it's useless to me (plan on using it alongside the work memory stick to store there overly large demo software).
#4 - CSU1
#5 - Jakg
Hit it with a blunt object. That got mine working long enough to get what I needed off of it after it died I recommend using a hurley, worked for me

There isn't much else you can do, unless you're an electronic engineer that can dismantle it, assess what's fryed, and replace it. I presume you've tried on more than one PC (and by using GParted, you've used more than one OS), and if it still doesn't show, it's not a driver/software problem, meaning it's properly borked. Hammer time
#7 - Jakg
Tried in Vista x64 on my PC and Windows 7 x64 on my laptop, and GParted again on the laptop

Shame as I could really use it atm (but don't want to spend a penny on something for work!)
#8 - CSU1
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hammer time

+1 !

or, you ~could superglue it to the pavement alongside that old notebook I suggested a while back

...just the luck of the draw with cheap crap really, it's probably just down to quality control

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG