The online racing simulator
In game problem...
(21 posts, started )
In game problem...
Hi.
I start this thread because in my LFS, when There are 3-4 cars and above, the game looks like is going in slowmotion. This happen when there aer many AI cars too.
I don't know how to fix it.

(Sorry my bad English)
So nobody?
video card drivers?
Quote from David 96 :Hi.
I start this thread because in my LFS, when There are 3-4 cars and above, the game looks like is going in slowmotion. This happen when there aer many AI cars too.

(Sorry my bad English)

Have you always had this problem? It sounds like your computer and/or graphics card isn't powerful enough to run LFS with other cars on track.

What cpu and graphics card to you have, and on what screen resolution do you run LFS?
Quote from obsolum :Have you always had this problem? It sounds like your computer and/or graphics card isn't powerful enough to run LFS with other cars on track.

What cpu and graphics card to you have, and on what screen resolution do you run LFS?

Yes, I always had this problem.
I can't tell you what is the graphic card because I'm on another computer
Quote from David 96 :Hi.

(Sorry my bad English)

Seems like your PC is suffering from poor framerates. Upgrade or/and reduce the quality of graphics in LFS.
Try and post your complete PC configuration.
  • If your PC was a pre-made one, try look for the Model number and type it for us (e.g. Compaq Presario 5410MP)
  • or CPU model and speed in GHz?
  • RAM?
  • Graphics Card brand and model number?
  • Hard Disk Capacity and free space
  • Operating systems (Windows XP or Vista)?
How do other games go on your PC? Are they slow to?

Also try tell us your Frame Rate in LFS.
Go to OPTIONS >> DISPLAY >> Show Frame Rate (use left or right not OFF)
Then tell us what number displays in the top corner. Is it something like 22.4 or 69.2 or what?

So far we have don't have enough information to help in any way.

Gosh there needs to be a sticky for how to ask for PC help. Reminds me of when I'm at work and someone says my Hard Drive doesn't work, and their monitor is off :P
Quote from JasonJ :Try and post your complete PC configuration.
  • If your PC was a pre-made one, try look for the Model number and type it for us (e.g. Compaq Presario 5410MP)
  • or CPU model and speed in GHz?
  • RAM?
  • Graphics Card brand and model number?
  • Hard Disk Capacity and free space
  • Operating systems (Windows XP or Vista)?
How do other games go on your PC? Are they slow to?

Also try tell us your Frame Rate in LFS.
Go to OPTIONS >> DISPLAY >> Show Frame Rate (use left or right not OFF)
Then tell us what number displays in the top corner. Is it something like 22.4 or 69.2 or what?

So far we have don't have enough information to help in any way.

Gosh there needs to be a sticky for how to ask for PC help. Reminds me of when I'm at work and someone says my Hard Drive doesn't work, and their monitor is off :P

I'll do it...
Well:
I run LFS on Windows XP
I tried to run on blackwood:
Alone: Frame rate between 10-20
Me and 4 AI: 10-20
Me and 9 AI: 10-20
Me and 14 AI: 0-10
Me and 19 AI: 0-10
I can't tell you more
Turn your settings down as low as possible.
Being alone and having just 10-20 fps is not normal....
Quote from Stefani24 :Turn your settings down as low as possible.
Being alone and having just 10-20 fps is not normal....

What do you mean?
You need to tell us things like CPU/Graphics card etc. If you don't know them you can find them out through Windows. Press Windows key + R and type "dxdiag" (without the inverted commas/quotes). A box will come up...wait for it to load then click on "Save All Information..." and choose where to save the file. Attach that file as an attachment in a new post on the forum (go to Manage Attachments, select the file and click on Upload).
Quote from amp88 :You need to tell us things like CPU/Graphics card etc. If you don't know them you can find them out through Windows. Press Windows key + R and type "dxdiag" (without the inverted commas/quotes). A box will come up...wait for it to load then click on "Save All Information..." and choose where to save the file. Attach that file as an attachment in a new post on the forum (go to Manage Attachments, select the file and click on Upload).

Thanks for the tip.
Here you are:
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 44.8 KB - 159 views
Can't help me?
Quote from David 96 :Thanks for the tip.
Here you are:

Ok, the relevant information from that is the following:

CPU: Athlon 3200+ @ 2.0GHz
Motherboard: ASRock 939A8X-M
RAM: 512MB
Graphics: 128MB GeForce4 MX 4000

All of this hardware is very old. This is the reason you're experiencing problems with LFS. When you see LFS going into slow motion, what's actually happening is that your system can't handle the load on it. The frame rate (10-20 you noted above) is a term which lets you know how quickly the computer is responding to LFS. An ideal frame rate would be 60+ and the frame rate should average at least 30-40 to give a good gaming performace. At 30+ you won't notice it going into slow motion as much.

Something you can do to try and help your frame rate is to choose a lower resolution in LFS. Go to Options -> Screen. Note down the current choice (the one that's in white). Then choose something of a lower resolution. For example, if you're currently running 1280x1024 (32 bit) choose 800x600 (32 bit). Then do a lap or two in LFS and see if you get better frame rates. You can also lower the detail settings. Go to Options -> Graphics. Note down the original settings. Then lower the "User LOD", "Mirror LOD" and "Dust LOD". If you have anything selected for "Full Scene Antialiasing" change this to none. If you have anything selected for "Texture filtering/AF" change this to none. Now go out and do another few laps to see if you get better frame rates.

If you're not happy with the above (because the frame rate is still really bad or LFS now looks rubbish (because all of the above changes will have a negative impact on the quality of the graphics)) you have a choice to make:

a) Upgrade your current hardware. You can get a better CPU, better graphics card and more memory. This may be expensive (because you have a socket 939 motherboard) and will result in a reasonable performance increase.
b) Buy a new PC. This will be more expensive than upgrading but will result in higher performance in LFS and in all other things you do with your computer. If you have a reasonable amount of money to spend (in the region of 400-600 Euros) I would recommend buying a new PC.
The 3200+ is certainly not the latest and greatest in hardware but it can run LFS with a lot of AIs.

The problem here IMO is the crappy integrated graphics.

PS: the 3200+ can be likely overclocked at least 15% with no overvolting (even more if it's a Venice), at that speed it can race 19 AIs at acceptable frame rates... as long as you have a half-decent GPU.
Thanks guys for your help!
Have you made a decision about what you'd like to do? We can help you out by recommending parts to order and how much you should pay for them if you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself?
Quote from amp88 :Have you made a decision about what you'd like to do? We can help you out by recommending parts to order and how much you should pay for them if you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself?

I think I'll reduce the quality of LFS. Thanks for the help.
If you change your mind, it's quite easy to find second hand GPUs for little money. Even old cards (e.g. 3 yo) work pretty good with LFS if they originally were mid-range to high-end models.
Thanks, but I'm not going to spend any money.Then I play LFS 3 times a week or less, so.

In game problem...
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG