The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Pre Race Discussion
Hey Folks,

The first proper round of the TBO Challenge is taking place on the 29th March at Aston National. The race will once again be broadcasted on our Mogulus channel, with me and Ben Grindle (jaws99) commentating, and this time the OD service WILL work . We really hope everyone turns up this time, as we were missing around 7 or 8 of you for the test round. After Round 1, any drivers who do not attend without PMing me will lose their place to a reserve.

So yeah, here is the place to talk before the season opener kicks off in 3 weeks time.

Hope to see you all there!

Chris

EDIT: The races will be 7 and 14 laps!
The broadcast has been fully sorted out now so it should be good! I think this will be a good round of the league because Aston National(AS3) is a great combo for TBO's , especially FXO's
Quote from aobrien :The broadcast has been fully sorted out now so it should be good! I think this will be a good round of the league because Aston National(AS3) is a great combo for TBO's , especially FXO's

I think AS3 is not balanced at all but ok you should know that by now.
Quote from Wilko868 :Hey Folks,

The first proper round of the TBO Challenge is taking place on the 29th March at Aston National. The race will once again be broadcasted on our Mogulus channel, with me , Ben Grindle (jaws99) and Jack Ward ( jwardy ) commentating, and this time the OD service WILL work . We really hope everyone turns up this time, as we were missing around 7 or 8 of you for the test round. After Round 1, any drivers who do not attend without PMing me will lose their place to a reserve.

So yeah, here is the place to talk before the season opener kicks off in 3 weeks time.

Hope to see you all there!

Chris

i really hate this track and would rather shoot myself than do this :P
Well unlucky Jack, live with it lol
#6 - J@tko
29th March? I might actually make it

Don't think I'll do very well though
I should also be able to make it.

Should be a good and fun race. Hopefully i can do something in this race. But i don't think i will.

Question: is it 15 and 30 Minutes now instead of 20 and 40?
Yes forgot to mention that.

It is now 15 and 30 minute races.

Cheers
Good, i may be able to keep my tires for a few laps
Uh if only i could race in this. Pwnage at AS3
Your adminning, unlucky
I see alot of fast tracks on the calendar where the XRT is not so far behind the FXO at all. Together with its strong start, i think it should get a 1% restriction. If it remains as it is the RB4 (dispite its good starts)will have no chance on these tracks.

Let me know what you think!
The FXO will have a 3% restriction, which has proven to be fair on many times of testing. Just take a look at NDR|Public server where FXO has 3% restriction and is still as competitive as the other two cars.
Quote from aobrien :The FXO will have a 3% restriction, which has proven to be fair on many times of testing. Just take a look at NDR|Public server where FXO has 3% restriction and is still as competitive as the other two cars.

His point was to restrict the XRT and leave the FXO restriction as is.
If you go onto our server and compare the lap times of the FXO [3%] and the XRT [0%], the XRT is faster on the majority of tracks.

Especially the ones with the long straights, e.g BL1, AS3, KY2.
Quote from aobrien :The FXO will have a 3% restriction, which has proven to be fair on many times of testing. Just take a look at NDR|Public server where FXO has 3% restriction and is still as competitive as the other two cars.

Somebody hasn't been reading the post properly

The XRT will not have a restriction placed on it. The 2 cars are balanced enough without a XRT restriction. The RB4 has amazing starts, so you choose a RB4 to get a good start and try to hold the faster cars off, its all part of the fun
Quote from Wilko868 :The XRT will not have a restriction placed on it. The 2 cars are balanced enough without a XRT restriction. The RB4 has amazing starts, so you choose a RB4 to get a good start and try to hold the faster cars off, its all part of the fun

In a 30 minute race, yeah sure.

The advantage is gone after 2 or 3 laps at the latest. The RB4 just isn't balanced on any track that has one or two slightly longer straights but that's not your fault.
Quote from zeugnimod :The advantage is gone after 2 or 3 laps at the latest. The RB4 just isn't balanced on any track that has one or two slightly longer straights but that's not your fault.

It is more balanced on South City, and to an extent Fern Bay. But its shitty tyre wear doesn't help on FE.

I drive the RB4 just cos its one of the most fun to drive
Lets just say you choose RB4 at your own risk
Quote from J@tko :It is more balanced on South City, and to an extent Fern Bay. But its shitty tyre wear doesn't help on FE.

I drive the RB4 just cos its one of the most fun to drive

I drive the RB4 because it is THE most fun to drive.

Would still be nice if it were a bit more competitive on tracks like AS3 or KY2.
Quote from zeugnimod :I drive the RB4 because it is THE most fun to drive.

Would still be nice if it were a bit more competitive on tracks like AS3 or KY2.

I was comparing to all of LFS - LX4 and FO8 are awesome too

BTW, has anyone tried putting drive either 95% front or 95% rear - does that reduce the power losses?

I have no idea about transmission and stuff so im just guessing
Quote from J@tko :I was comparing to all of LFS - LX4 and FO8 are awesome too

I was comparing to all of LFS as well.

My list would go like that:

1. RB4
2. MRT
3. XFG
4. FBM
5. UF1

LXs can be a lot of fun but I absolutely suck at them.
I don't think moving the drive around would change the power gap, although I may run onto NDR and try that out now
It dosen't work.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
will we get number plates sone ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG