The online racing simulator
Which Cheap Point&Shoot For The GF?
(66 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Well the GF wants a camera (for basic basic use) - all it needs to be is "smaller than mine" (which means pretty much anything slightly smaller than average will be fine), all it needs to have is flash, video and a few modes on it. Megapixels isn't at all important, she has no real interest in Photography.

Looking to spend under £60 (ideally less than that!) - Refurb is fine.

Would also be buying a 1GB memory card / rechargable battery with it as well.

Any suggestions? I will be having a look at work to see what deals I can find :P

best i've found so far is this (a shade over £60 with my 5% discounnt).

Oh, and if it's pink she'd like it more ()
I can recommend the Nikon Coolpix S series. Cheap, reliable, comes with a rechargable Li-ion battery, takes reasonably good pictures for everyday use.
And as a Canon for-lifer I'd recommend the Powershot SD series, but really you'll be happy with a Coolpix too... Both excellent cameras. Find a model number that fits your budget and try to stay above 8mp.
Huh ! how disappointing.

Going by the thread title i thought you were looking for an FPS game.

And i was going to suggest a cheap spud gun from eBay for her, and a T-shirt with a big bullseye target on the back for you
#5 - (SaM)
Quote from Mazz4200 :Huh ! how disappointing.

Going by the thread title i thought you were looking for an FPS game.

And i was going to suggest a cheap spud gun from eBay for her, and a T-shirt with a big bullseye target on the back for you

Nah, just give her a tight white T-shirt and use the gardenhose. Always good for some fun poking through.

Oh wait no, it's Jakg's girlfriend.
You work in PC World. You tell us.
#8 - senn
Canon IXUS > Canon Powershot.

Ixus is awesome, i've had my now old Ixus 50 for 3 years, and i've played with the newer ones, bang for buck they can't be beaten IMHO.
Plus the powershot is pretty bulky considering it doesn't REALLY have much over the IXUS (Ixus will fit easily into a pocket you can carry a wallet in)
#9 - Jakg
Jakg, you retard. Why waste money? With your dong expensives you canot affort anything! Why not just give her the Jakg sandwitch, then she stfu. Money well spent and money saved!

On serious note, I think #2 looks okay.
ive had a quick look, there doesnt seem to be too much in it, the res differance wont really matter. i would lean towards the 100 seems to have a few more useful things like more zoom and image stbalisation and a slightly bigger screen, i also thinks it looks better
#12 - Jakg
GRRRRRR.

Apparently she doesn't like the way they are laid out

Why is she so hard to shop for :X

Cheers for the link James.
Seriusly Jakg, how can anyone say that when it's going to be a gift? Think your GF is shit lol. Well, you use time, money and effort getting something nice to her, but it all seems she just won't get satisfied..
Just my two cents, if anyone had buyed me a camera I wouldn't complain, and 60 bucks ain't little too.
This is why i love you Tor, just say what you're thinking
Quote from The Very End :Seriusly Jakg, how can anyone say that when it's going to be a gift? Think your GF is shit lol. Well, you use time, money and effort getting something nice to her, but it all seems she just won't get satisfied..
Just my two cents, if anyone had buyed me a camera I wouldn't complain, and 60 bucks ain't little too.

Exactly. Time for Jack to get his balls out from his GF's purse me thinks.
Lol Gfresh, thanks..I guess

But seriously Jakg, my suggestion is not to buy items, more experiences. Do something simple, take her out, invite her to a walk on the mountain, skiing, a trip some cool place or something, a lot of things you can do for 60 bucks that will give a good memory!
Or, well, for 60 bucks you can buy a dildo and card, where it's writen "you ***** , from your Jakg.
Quote from Thunderhead :Exactly. Time for Jack to get his balls out from his GF's purse me thinks.

Mmm, never let a girl push you around. But then again, never be an arsehole. It's a fine line.

Jack, get some nuts, foo.
#18 - Jakg
I'm not letting her push me round - I just showed her the Fuji z20 to see if she liked it - but apparently the buttons aren't ideal - I know it sounds stupid but I may as well get her something she actually likes.

For context this is a belated birthday present (i.e. her birthday is in December...)
Quote from Jakg :For context this is a belated birthday present (i.e. her birthday is in December...)

Crossed the arsehole line.

Joke
Canon can't be beat in the P&S department.

My gf did just get a Pentax Optio A40, though, and likes it a lot (came free with my K20D dSLR). Having used it a bit myself I can recommend it.
Jakg, either you put your foot down now or I'll call you my little bitch from now on. Seriously, I am no DR Phill or anything, but your girl is a nightmare. "The buttons are not ok", well "fuuuuk you" ! Even if you don't care a SHIT about the presence you get, you still want to somewhat look happy in the face and say "oh nice, exactly what I wished for" , just so the other person feels right. Belive it or not, it the thought that counts, and obvious you, or her, or both of you are mentally disadvantaged.
Seriously, she got your balls, and you let her have it. Your got to defend your right!

Off to bed I go, single and luckyly married with my right hand.
Jakg, for love of ..I know you at least have 1 hair on your chest, now though up and smack that hoe in the face while you claim your rights.
Hahaha, Tor Ole - The outspoken Dr Phil from norway.
Yeah, thats why I get so much sex.. :worried:
haha TVE , cumon Jak buying presents nearly a year early....

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG