The online racing simulator
Does the threat of terrorism bother you?.
(55 posts, started )
#26 - 5haz
Quote from Lateralus :Another way is to not fund them or give them weapons.

Sadly that kind of thing is not under my control, which is why many people are saying they fear their government more I guess.

Quote from BlakjeKaas :What threat?

The thread of terrorism bothers me, since it's pretty useless.

So is the above post really, why don't you crawl back into your hole and leave us alone?
#27 - AMB
Not long ago my mums cousin was stabbed with a machete through the heart and the mum and dad of the lad was also attacked by the attackers parents with knives etc....

o and it was all over 2 cans of diesel.

The mind is a dangerous thing
I'd be more afraid of the worldwide pink press and media. THEY are the ones making us believe that every american is a wardriver and every muslim MUST be a terrorist (spared further examples).

Go to Egypt mate, enjoy the sun!

greetz

der butz
Terrorism doesn't frighten me.

I'm more frightened by our government using terrorism to hide their real intent than I am of any so-called terrorists.
Even being in bomb scares didnt stop me living in London during a PIRA campaign. The supposed "fear" that it is supposed to cause never materialised for me. Indeed, the effect of terrorism strikes me as more like that of strategic bombing back in the war (sorry to invoke Godwins Law but in this case i'm not calling anyone a nazi). Both sides used strategic bombing and yet all the evidence suggests the end result was each become more reinforced in their values and beliefs.

This is why it is good for a country to have terrorism. It's why that back before there was any we had tanks at Heathrow. Modern countries use terrorism to unify their people and create a them and us scenario which induces us to wave national flags around and remember who we are fighting for, typically at a time when the country has little support from it's people for an aggressive cause - and anyone who disagrees is a traitor or a leftie.

There are plenty of examples in history of an attrocity leading to unification and ultimately war, such as the assissination of Arch Duke Ferdinand by a Serbian militant which became the trigger of the 1st world war (when really the old alliances where keyed up for a fight anyway, but needed a reason).

Indeed, just about every war has an attrocity, or act of terrorism as they are now called, associated. They are a necessary part of generating the nationalism required to motivate a group of people into believing in a 'nation'.

It's a game called them and us, and it's played by the tossers who design the flags we're meant to wave.

Becky
A self confessed leftie
Don't worry Becky, you'll get your NWO way soon...
lol "terrorism"
Quote from boothy :Don't worry Becky, you'll get your NWO way soon...

*scratches head*
NWO is right wing, and diametrically opposed to everything I believe in.
As a (cough, part-time) soldier, we're trained to fight terrorism with no fear. 'Nd Stuff

But really, no it doesn't. We're possibly the least likeliest country in Europe to get attacked, being out of anybody's way. Besides, we're (allegedly) neutral
#35 - 5haz
Hah, neutral. That'll be the bloody day.
Well that's what they say anyway. Yet we have troops abroad, and a fairly sizable army here. I don't mind, so long as they never call me up
#38 - 5haz
Aren't we supposed to be pulling our forces out of Iraq around about now?
There is no war... just pockets of resistance..

That, and the trousers of democracy.
The only thing that bothers me is the reaction to terrorism, governments play into their hands by restricting our freedoms and shitting all over everything our country stands for. Terrorism can never be defeated, so fighting against it is pointless, you need to show them that we won't change our way of life, they can keep blowing us up but we will keep living free lives.
I don't believe "not fighting" terrorism would work. The only thing that stops constant terror attacks is the onslaught of resistance that the western world gives. If we didn't, there'd most likely be huge wars and attacks from the terrorist cells.
terrorists i am not afraid of. it is me they are afraid of. im always there to screw it up
Really? What would be the motivation? How would they brainwash generation after generation if all they did was kill innocent people with no resistance? The reason we have a bigger threat is because of the stupid war on terror, when you drop million pound bombs from a billion pound fighter bomber onto a house full of innocent people made of mud and straw, you provide plenty of motivation for the radicalisation of the relatives and friends of the family that was killed.

Look at 9/11, a few thousand people killed and 2 destroyed buildings was enough motivation for the USA to declare war on something that can never be defeated. Multiply that by about 50 on the other side, now we have killed about 100,000 innocent people and in a big community they each could easily have 50 friends and relatives, out of that 50 maybe 1 would become radicalised, suddenly you have 100,000 terrorists that want to blow us up and organisations welcoming them with open arms and professional training, or just a bomb and directions.
I do get what you're saying ATC, but if you suddenly stopped this western resistance, the terror cells would still be "out for blood", as you describe, and continue their crusade regardless of whether the Western Forces pulled out or not, if you see what I mean.
Yes, but you are thinking short term, just like our government. The terrorists, or people as some people call them, didn't just wake up one day and think "lets hate the west", we gave them a reason to hate us, we provoked them. Think long term, if we stop fighting them and start talking then hopefully we can find a resolution.

If we continue down the path we are on now, then the threat of terrorism will only increase. The governments reaction to terrorism has been to restrict our civil liberties, so their reaction to an increase in terrorism would be to further restrict our civil liberties. The terrorist of tomorrow won't be a poor middle eastern teenager brainwashed by a radical, it will be intelligent middle class people who are sick of being ignored and treated like the enemy by a government that's meant to serve them. There are situations where I would become a terrorist, so I can't be bothered by it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There is no war... just pockets of resistance..

That, and the trousers of democracy.

Yeah but you're forgeting the pullover of hypocrisy.
...and the goggles of doublespeak
No.

I have never actually feared Terrorism. I guess I am lucky enough to live in a country that has not felt Terror on it's body, nor beeing significant threadened by any. We of course had this episode last year where some people down in middle east attacked some peace keeping forces, a ambasad, burned some norwegian flags aswell as given a message that "everyone that supports American dogs will die by the hand BLABLA", but that's basically it. Nothing really big, or something that is more than just words.

Unless something really bad happens, or I personally gets a eye opening experience, I most likely won't fear it at all.

Pretty selfish of me saying it, it's blunt, but at same time true
Never heared about that, thanks for info. Strange no one has mentioned that to me before, seems like a pretty big thing. Neverthless, unless they'll send airplanes into my bedroom wall or blows my kitty up with tactical nukes, I won't belive nor fear terror.

Does the threat of terrorism bother you?.
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG