The online racing simulator
I'm about to flipout!!
(15 posts, started )
#1 - holb
I'm about to flipout!!
Ok I went to DL this game someone from hondatech sent me the link. I use the SAME wheel I use (logitech momo) with all my racing games and it looks fine (including the NEW nfs MW game. My problem and why im about to flip out is doing the setup I cant bind my pedals to ANY button. I wanted to bind my brake pedal to clutch and set it to axis and then acc pedal to acc when I drag. or the normal defualt way when I cross. But it doesnt let me. I click the acc bind button erase the button that was on there (button 10, wtf?) then i hit my pedal to bind it... nothing happens. If I leave them both blank and just start the game my car just revs up without me hitting ANY buttons and just seats there revving up to hell. when I try and move it acts like its stalling out but the cars still on and keeps on revving. I have idea wtf is going on with this game... I exited it and played NFSMW just fine with binds and just. So I have NO idea... any help?
DOn't bind a pedal to a button. A pedal is an axis, not a button.

At the top you have Buttons 1, Buttons 2 and Axis (in wheel settings). Choose axis, and off you go
#3 - holb
"DOn't bind a pedal to a button." huh? Sorry that made no since. You bind a pedal which is a button or axis whatever to key want, the fact is I cant bind ANYTHING, with the pedals, as axis or buttons.

Like when I bind acc and brake to my pedals (mousey, mousex)... nothing happens...
Try this:

ESC-options-keys

Make sure you don't use "combined pedals"
Gearbox = sequential (spelling?)

Then to the next table :

Axis

Steer - Invert 0
Throttle - Invert 1
Brakezz - Invert 1
The rest would be on "Invert 0"

Should work now , I hope
Quote from holb :"DOn't bind a pedal to a button." huh? Sorry that made no sense. You bind a pedal which is a button or axis whatever to key want, the fact is I cant bind ANYTHING, with the pedals, as axis or buttons.

Like when I bind acc and brake to my pedals (mousey, mousex)... nothing happens...

Ok slow. So you want the brake pedal to be the clutch? That's easy.

1) Go to the controls menu
2) On the "Clutch" option, select "axis"
3) Click on the button "Axes / FF"
4) Click on the button "Clutch", then "Available Axes" lights up
5) Click on the axis that was your brake pedal. It's easy to find out which is which by pressing the pedal and looking for changes on the screen.
Don't bind a pedal to a button. Made no sense huh?

Don't - Short for do not. Easy so far.
bind - assign, or fix (the verb)
a - singular thingy implying one of the subject
pedal - the subject, in this case an analogue control mechanism replicating the flappy things you move with your feet in a real car
to - this is just to add suspense to the sentence (actually the latter part of the verb 'bind')
a - another one of those singular things, this time referencing what I believe it called the indefinite article (nuances escape me right now)
button - a pressy thing thats either momentarily on, momentarily off, or a switched type which stays in the position you put it.

In other words you can't bind an analogue thingy to a button because an analoguey thing isn't a button, it's an axis. If you'd read my post you'd have found it had more than enough information to get you through this simple exercise.
I have all my axes, axisses (...) binded to those buttons
#8 - holb
It worked for ONE game then it started it again after i shut it off, now its back doing the same thing and im using the same setup i used to make it work.... :/ now the pedals when i press it in control options doesnt even make that green bar grow.
Maybe you've selected keyboard steering? Or mouse steering?
Somehow I have the feel that this is a case of PABKAC.
#10 - holb
I dont think so, here's a picture of what my controls look like.... the pedals arnt working in game or in the control options. (in the picture im holding down both pedals... no bars...)
Do you have "combined axis" checked in the windows gaming options? If so, you need to uncheck this. That is what it looks like to me.

Also, select "yes" for remove deadzones at the bottom of the screenshot you took.
Yeah, your pedals probably have combined axes. Also, I wonder why you're trying to bind stuff to the mouse axes? Try binding them to the X axis and Y axis shown below the mouse X and mouse Y axes.
#13 - holb
NO I don't I stated again that it works with all my other racing games. Window settings on drivers won't change between games they are manual registrys.

Quote from Forbin :Yeah, your pedals probably have combined axes. Also, I wonder why you're trying to bind stuff to the mouse axes? Try binding them to the X axis and Y axis shown below the mouse X and mouse Y axes.

Mouse Y and mouse X are my pedals. the axis y and axis x is the wheel. All my other games the buttons are setup like that, so I dont know why this game would change that. Plus i used that setup when it worked, so :/ any more ideas?
Are you sure about that? Your wheel shouldn't have both an X and Y axis. Try binding steering to the X axis and the gas and brake to the Y axis.

On my game it shows the mouse axes too and they most certainly aren't connected to any game device. They're connected to the mouse.
Quote from holb :NO I don't I stated again that it works with all my other racing games. Window settings on drivers won't change between games they are manual registrys.

Default when you install the drivers for the momo, it is set for combined axis. That would work in other games if you do not or can not select separate axis in them. You DO have separate axis selected in LFS, so if combined is checked in windows, then goofy things will happen. Just check to make sure you have in UNCHECKED in the windows options OR select "combined" in the LFS controller options and test it again. You don't want to run this way though, because separate will allow you to brake and throttle at the same time.

Because "combined" is set in windows (I'm guessing) and "separate" is selected in LFS, then LFS isn't recognising the axis because it is looking for an axis that isn't there (the separate throttle and brake).

Someone (with a Momo) post their windows and LFS setup pics for him . I'm at work and can't show mine right now.

I'm about to flipout!!
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG