The online racing simulator
Well this seems interesting.
Did the qualification lap and passed even tho I was so slow it might have been reverse.

Woot! 1st post after 6 years of being registered member
I saw the ad in TV yesterday. I was like OMFGWTFLOL! LFS in TV!!
Thousands of others saw it with you and decided to register. It's fun to see one registration per second

I hope to see some LFS'ers on tv there! There are enough Finnish LFS regulars that can easily qualify I imagine.
Hmmm, would be nice to have archived broadcast of the races. Even though we (non-finnish) wouldn't understand anything would still be fun.
#30 - Byku
Yeah, any possibility to see that add(Youtube maybe? )? I'm quiet curious about it .

Edit. GOT IT! Wow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUxTtuINTWw
Yeah... i can guess what are they talking :P... but still, anybody could translate? :P
First the guy (commentator) is mimicking his real commentating. Then the advert voice says "World's Fastest Nation (= "Maailman nopein kansa") car simulation now in Finland, participate and win amazing prizes, finals on MTV3 MAX". MAX is the name of the pay channel which also broadcasts F1.
I hope the top 10 will get at least free MTV3 Max for a year 6th atm. but here are so much players who play 24/7. As regular LFS player i can say that we will own those guys there
Awesome! I really jumped off my seat when i saw this commericial first time before sport news. Victor, what does LFS get here? Free commercial and new members or..?
But all finnish LFS players, see you there :P
I don't see much credit for LFS, they even gave the game their own name. World's Fastest Nation - car simulation game.
I see that too, but when you race there it clearly shows LFS, so
I don't understand why the site and the "banner" are both saying: "World's fastest nation. Game now in Finland". Sounds to me like they are marketing they'r own game etc.

The licenses (which are named "Gold" (S2) and "Silver" (S1))
they sell on the site's shop (http://www.maailmannopeinkansa.fi/orders) are nearly 5€ more expensive than they are in LFS homepage. Isn't that a bit odd?

Im also a bit angry for MTV3 not giving any credit what so ever to LFS on their site.
you ever heard about the value difference between pounds and euros?
1 British pound = 1.06545159 Euros
on lfs site it says pounds, at maxs site its euros

EDIT: oh wait, i see your point there, did some calculating. its only about 25e
Well I think Vic (?) knows what kind of a deal he has made with them... But nevertheless, the MNK does make it very hard for new people to discover other features of lfs, since to launch standard LFS you have to press an inconviniently small 'training-mode button' which is hidden on the bottom of the MNK startup window (namely single player, other servers and hotlapping. And the training lessons.)

The second thing is that there is pretty much no point in participating the daily open races, since they are all fbm/bl1 and since there's no admins you can crash as much as you desire.
Quote from hyntty :Well I think Vic (?) knows what kind of a deal he has made with them... But nevertheless, the MNK does make it very hard for new people to discover other features of lfs, since to launch standard LFS you have to press an inconviniently small 'training-mode button' which is hidden on the bottom of the MNK startup window (namely single player, other servers and hotlapping. And the training lessons.)

The second thing is that there is pretty much no point in participating the daily open races, since they are all fbm/bl1 and since there's no admins you can crash as much as you desire.

I have one thing to add there; theres now full 512 drivers for each race, now 3 minutes before the race even starts it starts lagggggggggg soooooo baaaad. And one time we had a race where no-one competed even in Quarter Final, too much lag.
ye I forgot that 3rd thing: It's a pretty crap software to begin with. Many races are left unraced, because the website shows that all quarterfinals have not been driven yet, and thus the next races can not start on time and the whole race ends there.
I was getting very drunk last night and saw the add and was like wtf I have on my vodka bottle.

But yea it seems it's real.

It's weird that they ain't giving more credit to the actual Live For Speed.

Sucks that they are broadcasting it on MAX instead of the free MTV3.
Quote from hyntty : But nevertheless, the MNK does make it very hard for new people to discover other features of lfs, since to launch standard LFS you have to press an inconviniently small 'training-mode button' which is hidden on the bottom of the MNK startup window (namely single player, other servers and hotlapping. And the training lessons.)

OMG they've fixed that with an update
#43 - Byku
At least it writes in LFS "LIVE FOR SPEED" :P. Yeah... until You install LFS, You have no idea that M... whatever is LFS :P(at least for a newbie).

Quote from Krane :Press release/news bit regarding that site:
Maailman nopein kansa -autosimulator developed by Dodreams is based on Live For Speed-simulator?

ed: Oops http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54836

But still, they're taking credit for making the game/simulator when all they developed was the league..

Hmm... indeed quiet disturbing .
Any chance of getting RTL 5(dutch mainstream motersport channel) to show lfs races ??
They did in a motion sim once around the F1 GPs. All they have to do is call Ol' Vic there I am sure.
Quote from BigPeBe :I was getting very drunk last night and saw the add and was like wtf I have on my vodka bottle.

But yea it seems it's real.

It's weird that they ain't giving more credit to the actual Live For Speed.

Sucks that they are broadcasting it on MAX instead of the free MTV3.

meh, getting a pack with max isnt so expensive. my dad has it(includes max,juniori,discovery,fakta and leffa), he said the payment comes few times a year and its about 20e.
also, when does these races come? i really want to actually see lfs race on tv
Quote from batteryy :meh, getting a pack with max isnt so expensive. my dad has it(includes max,juniori,discovery,fakta and leffa), he said the payment comes few times a year and its about 20e.
also, when does these races come? i really want to actually see lfs race on tv

theres qualifications which last until the real F1 season ends, then ppl will be invited in MTV3 studio and apparently LFS participants will race there

Ill get there too if im interested enough to drive :S
http://www.maailmannopeinkansa.fi/news/43

Eight best players goes to the final, which will be organized in Helsinki next weekend (19 Sept). Website says shooting starts 11:00 o'clock. Live tv program or what?

_
I suppose it's a regular tv-show they shoot sometime in the nearfuture and air in september 2019

Was it hosted by Arttu "Anna Karkki" Harkki again?
Yea,i heard there would be awesome five laps whit FBM around BL1

And that´s going to be TV eh?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG