The online racing simulator
A 10 minute pre-race show could be produced, along with some 30 second segments during the race for the slow spots, ie a couple of pre-recorded interviews, a presentation of the XRT, highlights of last years race.

Time is likely running short to do a whole lot of production for this years race, but something to think about for next year's event and this years 500.
You can possibly just release a post edited broadcast after the initial broadcast is done.

I mean I cant speak for others but I personally wont mind if this happens (in fact I can help on it if needed)
Quote from J@tko :Time for a sane NDR member to respond

^ Agreed. We'll spank Greg until he gets the picture

I think he was joking. Then again, maybe he wasn't

The Quali was, really, just a test for the race proper on Saturday.
Some of the things there will certainly be implemented for then.

for 2), passo said he couldn't make them work, but hopefully timo will actually be there on saturday so we can sort that in-race. Same for 1), we can adjust the sound during the broadcast. And I've already said about 3)

As for the "in-race reporter", I was going to offer a "SC Driver's view" on Sunday, but I had to go. But yes, that would be very nice. And turning off your headset so you can hear the engine would be nice too

I havn't watched the second half of the broadcast yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if deko came in and did more of that kinda stuff on Saturday.

That info is mainly for the race, we'll be using it then. And yeah, I was a bit confused when I heard something like that in one of the races; I think they hadn't realised cos your skin was different :doh:

Also, for Saturday's race proper, we'll have the Official Kyoto 250 Ad-pack for the broadcast, aswell as some general LFS-related adverts to break up the boring bits [the SC when Ken crashes again, the epic grid sort, the "we'll get started when I [deko] come back from food"] and things like that.

And as for the stream quality, it's the best we can do really - we have to balance quality and bandwidth [both at our end and viewers], and we don't want people turning off cos it buffers too much. I think it's OK if you keep the small screen, and it isnt too bad if you go full screen

As always any suggestions are welcome

Thanks for the clarification, sounds like it will be much better this week and Im thoroughly looking forward to both the race and watching the broadcast afterwards. Cheers
I tell you what, I think the suggestions were totally right on the whole but that said, I thoroughly enjoyed tuning in and watching the quali's and both races. I thought it was a superb job and I'll be tuning in again for more!!!
guys, is it hard to use SKYPE??
I don't use Ventrilo or even Team Speak when I race with friends, SKYPE is the best software that we found to do such things!!!

I don't know if this will work for broadcasting, that's why I'm asking!
Give it a try, maybe!!
Skype is p2p, ventrilo is server-client. In other words every skype user acts as a relay server for all the ongoing skype calls in the world which can at times put enormous stress on your internet connection.

Secondly Skype spies on your calls searching for words such as 'Tibet' and 'Milk Powder'.
Skype is bad, IMO, because there is no Push to Talk button, so you're constantly receiving sound data even if people aren't talking. And what Timo said.
hhmmm
got it! so skype is a no-no

and which one is better?
ventrilo or team speak??
#34 - CSF
Vent.
Quote from buck77 :guys, is it hard to use SKYPE??
I don't use Ventrilo or even Team Speak when I race with friends, SKYPE is the best software that we found to do such things!!!

Give it a try, maybe!!

the trouble with skype is that if the person that created the conference, drops their connection then the whole conference is cancelled. With ventrilo or TS, if anyone drops, it doesn't affect the broadcast.
oh yeah, not a broadcast suggestion but a procedure recommendation.
there was a time in the first twin when the SC was called out onto track, but didn't know who the leader was, and the SC kept rolling around the track.
this makes for some ppl not knowing if they should wait behind or pass the SC.
proper communication to the SC driver is key, and could possibly ruin someone's race if they pass it, or dont pass when they could have.
Quote from z-ro 8 :there was a time in the first twin when the SC was called out onto track, but didn't know who the leader was, and the SC kept rolling around the track.
this makes for some ppl not knowing if they should wait behind or pass the SC.
proper communication to the SC driver is key, and could possibly ruin someone's race if they pass it, or dont pass when they could have.

Oh, that was Ellis boy ignoring deko's instructions to wait!

Although JP was telling those behind in vent to go past
Quote from boothy :Oh, that was Ellis boy ignoring deko's instructions to wait!

Although JP was telling those behind in vent to go past

Yes, the SC driver should pull somewhat on course (as an indication that he's out) but wait for the Race Director to say "Go"

Ellis Fails at this. Boothy, Passo, Jackosn, Falke, and TImo all do this quite well.

d
Quote from dekojester :Yes, the SC driver should pull somewhat on course (as an indication that he's out) but wait for the Race Director to say "Go"

Ellis Fails at this. Boothy, Passo, Jackosn, Falke, and TImo all do this quite well.

d

no harm, no foul.
there was a point i thought i might get penalized tho.
would hate for that to happen saturday.......
Quote from dekojester : Boothy, Passo, Jackosn, Falke, and TImo all do this quite well.

I was going to say thanks for the compliment, but you spelt my "nickname" wrong
Quote from dekojester :Yes, the SC driver should pull somewhat on course (as an indication that he's out) but wait for the Race Director to say "Go"

d

As I have said before, if you told me where the f*ck the leader is, it might help me as to whether I pull out on track in front of everyone, or hold at slow speed at the side letting cars pass.

The reason I have been rolling around on track previously, is because of a lack of communication from you.

Don't give me all this about failing and being crap... you need to communicate more with the SC at the start of a caution...
Quote from JO53PHS :As I have said before, if you told me where the f*ck the leader is, it might help me as to whether I pull out on track in front of everyone, or hold at slow speed at the side letting cars pass.

The reason I have been rolling around on track previously, is because of a lack of communication from you.

Don't give me all this about failing and being crap... you need to communicate more with the SC at the start of a caution...

read my first sig qoute.
also guys, please remember this is an endurance event. So please commentate as such.
Quote from JO53PHS :As I have said before, if you told me where the f*ck the leader is, it might help me as to whether I pull out on track in front of everyone, or hold at slow speed at the side letting cars pass.

There's a button called "tab"
Quote from buck77 :guys, is it hard to use SKYPE??

Give it a try, maybe!!

As I understand it, skype uses incredible amounts of bandwidth compared to Vent or TS. Could be why you kept losing connection during quali.
NOW I GOT IT!!!

Thanks DWB, and everybody else! ^_^'
If you use Skype with LFS, you're asking for big big trouble, and I'm not talking about a Safety Car.
Right. Because today is the 12th of March (yes, really) it's my nephews birthday. So I'll again leave the stream running an hour or so early. I'll set up the tvdirector all ready, so if it b0rks it's Michaels fault. If it ain't broken don't fix it. I also made sure there won't be any blue screens.

Capiche?

PS. I will be back considerably before the race end, actually somewhere before the halfway. So it will not be a complete epic fail because everything borks just after start
Quote from hyntty :Right. Because today is the 12th of March (yes, really)

Well just make sure that the on-boards work
You can imagine I wasn't prepared for today being the 12th.

Anyway, the onborads worked last time. Untill Mike broke them

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG