The online racing simulator
Some broadcast suggestions...
Some suggestions in regards to the broadcast -

-Whoever is commentating.. PLEASE use headphones, hearing background noise of other people talking on Ventrilo is a bit annoying and sounds unprofessional IMO.
and try not to talk over each other... although that is pretty hard on ventrilo. TRY and pronounce the drivers' names right - although some are pretty hard i know...

Hope you can take these suggestions in a positive manner, as im not trying to take a dig at anyone here, im only saying these things to help make the broadcast more professional.
I agree with what is said apart from the pronounciation part. It can be VERY hard to pronounce some names so if my name is said wrong I wouldn't complain simply because I realise its not an easy name to say. Even I have trouble saying my last name in english :P.

The headphone part, I completly agree. It was Greg who had the speakers on and we'd hear the cars, the others talking over him and all. It would be cool to have a system were whenever someone talks it cuts off all the others so that they cant speak at the same time. :P I doupt its possible though xD.
well yes, some names are hard to pronounce right in english (my first name for example)
#4 - CSF
Quote from evilpimp :I agree with what is said apart from the pronounciation part. It can be VERY hard to pronounce some names so if my name is said wrong I wouldn't complain simply because I realise its not an easy name to say. Even I have trouble saying my last name in english :P.

Quote from evilpimp :I agree with what is said apart from the pronounciation part. It can be VERY hard to pronounce some names so if my name is said wrong I wouldn't complain simply because I realise its not an easy name to say. Even I have trouble saying my last name in english :P.

The headphone part, I completly agree. It was Greg who had the speakers on and we'd hear the cars, the others talking over him and all. It would be cool to have a system were whenever someone talks it cuts off all the others so that they cant speak at the same time. :P I doupt its possible though xD.

Yeah true Taha, I couldn't pronounce your last name if my life depended on it ...

ell allo wee?
Seeee everyone forgets the a . Isn't it clear! El Alaoui - Ell alla wee.

xD
#7 - CSF
I think it would have been much worse had I cracked my Wang in the Car joke.

Still, I won't be there for the actual race so neeeeeeh to y'all.
Oh for peaks sake. Do I complain everytime when (read: always) someone misspronounces my name?
Quote from hyntty :Oh for peaks sake. Do I complain everytime when (read: always) someone misspronounces my name?

Take a pill man, they're called suggestions! Geez....
I got a suggestion, no blue screens!

- Let us be able to hear the cars a bit more.
- Onboard shots.
- Fix the volume of mics, and use a headset.
- In race reporter (racer, I wouldn't mind doing it, under SC of course).
- Talk about teamwork and cooperation a bit, since it is highly important. You guys did last time but just make sure you include it again, with maybe a bit more detail.
- Talk about how the cars handle. They have high psi, and tend to get loose (oversteer) very easily. They also are good at burning the right front, which could cause you to start letting off in T3 in order to make the corner.
- Talk about strategy, whether to pit early or late, and whether or not to take fuel/tires. Since this is a one-off race I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to go all the way on tires and fuel. I could tell you a bit of strategy under SC as an in-race reporter (hint hint).

All I can think of off the top of my head.
here's my 2 cents.
drivers were asked to supply info about themselves.
evidently this wasn't put to use.
was said in the broadcast that i "was chewing up the RSR drivers"
guess what. i AM a RSR driver, as noted by my info.

but for the most part the commentators did well, i know it's not easy.
and maybe not saying "shit" next time will be a good idea

oh yeah, and is the quality of the stream horrible just for me, or everyone else?
Quote from evilpimp :The headphone part, I completly agree. It was Greg who had the speakers on and we'd hear the cars, the others talking over him and all. It would be cool to have a system were whenever someone talks it cuts off all the others so that they cant speak at the same time. :P I doupt its possible though xD.

Vent can do that, but if I remember right and i'll have to look on my vent server only admins have that ability.
Quote from PMD9409 :- Let us be able to hear the cars a bit more.
- Onboard shots.

Quote from z-ro 8 :here's my 2 cents.

These all were available for Passo to do. Why he didn't I don't know.
Quote :
oh yeah, and is the quality of the stream horrible just for me, or everyone else?

A non-horrible stream would cost around 10€ per racer (if there were 30 of them). For the race that is, the qualifying would not be included in that prise.
if deko allows I 'd like joining commentary box... at least if it does not conflicts with my destination for race...

and... to the point of streaming: for a stream wich costs nothing it is quiet a good quality... please keep that in mind...
Time for a sane NDR member to respond

Quote from teedot :Some suggestions in regards to the broadcast -

-Whoever is commentating.. PLEASE use headphones, hearing background noise of other people talking on Ventrilo is a bit annoying and sounds unprofessional IMO.
and try not to talk over each other... although that is pretty hard on ventrilo. TRY and pronounce the drivers' names right - although some are pretty hard i know...

Hope you can take these suggestions in a positive manner, as im not trying to take a dig at anyone here, im only saying these things to help make the broadcast more professional.

^ Agreed. We'll spank Greg until he gets the picture

Quote from teedot :Take a pill man, they're called suggestions! Geez....

I think he was joking. Then again, maybe he wasn't

Quote from PMD9409 :I got a suggestion, no blue screens!

- Let us be able to hear the cars a bit more.
- Onboard shots.
- Fix the volume of mics, and use a headset.
- In race reporter (racer, I wouldn't mind doing it, under SC of course).
- Talk about teamwork and cooperation a bit, since it is highly important. You guys did last time but just make sure you include it again, with maybe a bit more detail.
- Talk about how the cars handle. They have high psi, and tend to get loose (oversteer) very easily. They also are good at burning the right front, which could cause you to start letting off in T3 in order to make the corner.
- Talk about strategy, whether to pit early or late, and whether or not to take fuel/tires. Since this is a one-off race I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to go all the way on tires and fuel. I could tell you a bit of strategy under SC as an in-race reporter (hint hint).

All I can think of off the top of my head.

The Quali was, really, just a test for the race proper on Saturday.
Some of the things there will certainly be implemented for then.

for 2), passo said he couldn't make them work, but hopefully timo will actually be there on saturday so we can sort that in-race. Same for 1), we can adjust the sound during the broadcast. And I've already said about 3)

As for the "in-race reporter", I was going to offer a "SC Driver's view" on Sunday, but I had to go. But yes, that would be very nice. And turning off your headset so you can hear the engine would be nice too

I havn't watched the second half of the broadcast yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if deko came in and did more of that kinda stuff on Saturday.

Quote from z-ro 8 :here's my 2 cents.
was said in the broadcast that i "was chewing up the RSR drivers"
guess what. i AM a RSR driver, as noted by my info.

but for the most part the commentators did well, i know it's not easy.
and maybe not saying "shit" next time will be a good idea

That info is mainly for the race, we'll be using it then. And yeah, I was a bit confused when I heard something like that in one of the races; I think they hadn't realised cos your skin was different :doh:

Also, for Saturday's race proper, we'll have the Official Kyoto 250 Ad-pack for the broadcast, aswell as some general LFS-related adverts to break up the boring bits [the SC when Ken crashes again, the epic grid sort, the "we'll get started when I [deko] come back from food"] and things like that.

And as for the stream quality, it's the best we can do really - we have to balance quality and bandwidth [both at our end and viewers], and we don't want people turning off cos it buffers too much. I think it's OK if you keep the small screen, and it isnt too bad if you go full screen

As always any suggestions are welcome
Quote from J@tko :Time for a sane NDR member to respond

...still waiting.....

lol just kidding.

thanks for the info.

u gents did a fine job
Quote from hyntty :These all were available for Passo to do. Why he didn't I don't know.

Because I didn't have them [driver info] and have no idea where they are .

Haven't seen a wink out of those driver cards. But I guess I'll get them before the race (after the race would be fairly useless, clearly).

On board cameras were what we call an NDR (a Failure of epic proportions), and therefore did not work.

Greg will be wearing headphones (if he isn't I will personally fly over to the USA and kill him).

I'll have a new mic and won't talk too much nonsense.

You guys have to keep us up-to-date. Whether it's in mogulus chat or w/e, we need to know what you are doing so we can understand the racing better. The only reason we knew that <Driver> and PMD were working together is because someone mentioned it in Ventrilo.

Looking forward to this
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Because I didn't have them [driver info] and have no idea where they are .

Haven't seen a wink out of those driver cards. But I guess I'll get them before the race (after the race would be fairly useless, clearly).

On board cameras were what we call an NDR (a Failure of epic proportions), and therefore did not work.

Greg will be wearing headphones (if he isn't I will personally fly over to the USA and kill him).

I'll have a new mic and won't talk too much nonsense.

You guys have to keep us up-to-date. Whether it's in mogulus chat or w/e, we need to know what you are doing so we can understand the racing better. The only reason we knew that <Driver> and PMD were working together is because someone mentioned it in Ventrilo.

Looking forward to this

I'll have info and stats compiled as best I can and sent Thursday US evening.

And I'll join you in killing greg...if I even let him in the booth for the race.

d
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Because I didn't have them [driver info] and have no idea where they are .

They're in a secret vault guarded by Michael's dog.

And bigtime, thanks for the picture
Possibility of a replay after accidents?
Quote from lizardfolk :Possibility of a replay after accidents?

I'm not too sure on how that could be done, if it even can be. Guess I'll just wait for a response from someone else.
Can be done. Can't be done in a seamless way.
is it possiable to move it to a peer to peer onlint TV system? it will make it lesser lag & better qualify of pitcher
Quote from scania :is it possiable to move it to a peer to peer onlint TV system? it will make it lesser lag & better qualify of pitcher

Nope. Not at the moment anyway.
Quote from scania :is it possiable to move it to a peer to peer onlint TV system? it will make it lesser lag & better qualify of pitcher

I think our pitcher is already quite good, the one we have in the Race Control booth.

But seriously, I'm not sure Timo's 'net connection could handle P2Ping.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG