The online racing simulator
what was the first ever lfs called?
hey guys ...so far i own LFS X10 (no licence) LFS Z (no licence) and LFS v (no licence)

i like these games alot and as soon as i get a g25 i hope to get an s2 licence for my lfs z game and also uprade my lfs z to Z10

seeing as i like lfs so much i would like to see were it started

hence the title of this tiopic ..what was the first ever lfs called?
#2 - J@tko
Erm, I think 0.1A?
lol that sounds like a scarily obvious title ..thankyou jatko
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
thankyou shadow...lol i puched 0.1a into google and it had a water pump for a rotary i think it was :P

*Edit...lol waht is it then ..im so lost now

*Edit again :P.....thank you for the link im all clear now
#6 - J@tko
Oh yes, more J@tko failz
This is one of firsts LFS's I think:

lol that game looks quiet fun ...

and has an infiniti frame rate i presume
I really would love to play those old versions. The screenshots remind me of Odyssey by Car, which is still a lot of fun.
That first version reminds me of a combination of Stunt Car Racer and the original Test Drive. Looks kind of funky but it was probably a good test bed for the physics before they plunged time into the core presentation of the game.

Interesting stuff, didn't know they started the project so early on.
wasnt that like a derby game or something? swore i read about it being one somewere on the forums. And why cant we have a FZ like that?
I'd love to see that stunt track back in the game. Obviously that version was way before my time, but big banked corners, a hefty jump, etc. There wasn't a loop on there (a la Hard Drivin') but it could be cool.

It wouldn't be racing, but it is a motorsport
It isn't racing... but it would be an interesting "fork" in the project for some people. While I have no interest in an Arcade edition personally... having a Drift/Stunts/Demolition Derby version and a Racing version could divert some of the more arcade oriented drivers to where they want to be. The Racing version gets to remain a Serious Simulation and the Drift/Stunts/Demolition version is for the people that prefer "arcade" driving with maybe some wacky physics.

Having a separate license for Drift/Stunts/Demolition could even be an alternate revenue stream for the developers.
#16 - th84
Im going to take a leap of faith here and say that the first version of LFS was called....LFS!
do anyone know if its possible to download one of the first versions of lfs?
I want to drive that track with the jump on it, with the modern LFS physics. Those cambered turns look like old Monza. the graphics remind me of "no second Place"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG