The online racing simulator
Opened tracks
(37 posts, started )
Well sorry..... But it looked like a banana to me, thought you were trying to imply something else. I'm not a mind reader.

Yes I will go and download a completed game, so I can unlock expert and then look at the completed map. The point is to complete it yourself on expert which you can't because it's already completed. But that's not for these forums, just trying to say the TDU game is usless to me.
BTW did I mention the TDU multiplayer is crapola so LFS still owns TDU on all levels, including multiplayer police chases.

Thanks for your reply.
Ohhh really.

You complained that you didn't want to play through the game to get "Hardcore Mode", so I gave you a way round it. If you don't want to try it, then cool.

I would just say it's unfair to judge a game when you haven't tried it's superior physics mode.

Although FWIW, TDU's police chases are real because they are actually programmed! (and thus better. )
I dont like this idea.

And ive lost count of how many times this has beigh sugested
IMO it's being suggested for the wrong reasons. Cruising is not a way to get stuff done. In a way, open tracks would be nice, because you could make custom configurations to race on. On the other hand, do we need it?

It's a 0 for me. +1 for the ability to make custom circuits. -1 because it would give cruisers even more.
Quote from Falcon140 :-1 because it would give cruisers even more.

Cruisers isn't like demo, s1 or such.

But i understand what you mean, the cruisers can have more fun with it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ohhh really.

You complained that you didn't want to play through the game to get "Hardcore Mode", so I gave you a way round it. If you don't want to try it, then cool.

You've misunderstood me. I didn't want to play it on Crap-Mode just to get to play it to Hardcore-mode. I really wanted to play the entire game (all missions) in hardcore mode, completeing everything with better physics. I know you can skip to Hardcore mode by downloading a saved game. It's just a pointless way they implemented it. Yes, the physics are much better in hardcore mode, just there isn't any missions to do. I'd play it more if the hardcore mode could be used to complete the game from the start. But still after that, my argument would stand that LFS is better even for cruising because even with hardcore mode, LFS physics are much more realistic which makes it more fun. If I want to cruise ima gonna to do it in LFS weather anyone likes it or not. So saying go play another game to cruise with won't cut it for me. If that offends people well.. idk.. tough.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Although FWIW, TDU's police chases are real because they are actually programmed! (and thus better. )

Sorry, but I can't agree with you there, actual programmed AI is no where near as fun as running from real drivers online. I've played many games over the last 30 years and never has AI been better than real multiplayer. Even Pong was better with real players. Scawen has even admitted that programming AI really doesn't turn out great..
Quote from Scawen :It's very difficult for me to write computer programs that can drive as fast as you.

Greetz
I'm confused. I never asked for better police in LFS, I don't even cruise! (??)

LFS is a racing simulation and it's very unlikely the devs would do such a thing, but I wouldn't write it off completely. However, if it does indeed require a reprogram of the rendering system, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. I'd very much doubt the Devs would donate such valuable time on such a trifling request.

I'm just saying that since the police feature in TDU is programmed and therefore designed, it's better than what happens in LFS -

Some 12 year old kid spamming Horn 5 while using his flashing light macro, who then rams you in your UF1, in his FXR that he was given, at full speed, is not my idea of "fun". More like frustration.

I don't think anyone's said "go cruise in another game", not me at least! - I just think that the cruisers should understand that the main point of LFS is to create a racing simulation, not a cruising simulation with limitless tracks. I'm probably wrong but it's 1.15am and I don't care. :sadbanana
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
[snip]
I don't think anyone's said "go cruise in another game", not me at least!

Quote from ColeusRattus :[snip]Also, as I don't really see the appeal of cruising in LfS (there's always GTA or TDU to do that, WITH police and traffic), I don't think that Scawen should waste precious developement time on that.

I don't expect devs will take time out to make open tracks. It may happen by accident as a result of redoing the graphics for DX9 or DX10 or whatever.

nor would I expect the devs to take time out to open tracks. But if it happens naturally then so be it, hopefully people will not be too arrogant to say "now LFS sucks because it's better now for cruisers".
#36 - STF

Shadow always posts on those kinds of videos.

Opened tracks
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG