The online racing simulator
A new model?
(22 posts, started )
A new model?
This is just a suggestion..

Would people like a new F1 Model? With the new 2009 rules the cars look a lot different. I'm an F1 fan, and I'm really starting to like the new cars.

I'm not talking about a stat change here, just the looks for now.

What do people think? It's kinda of a small/easy game refresh.

I'd be intrested in seeing anyones attempt and a remodel.

not seen the new F1 cars?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets ... 01/Bmw-Sauber-F1-2009.jpg

Tony!
the bf1 could use an upgrade...
agree.
Won't happen, because of licencing issues.
Was the bf1 actually a replica of the real bmw F1 at the time?
EDIT: I just found out it was a replica of the real 2006 BMW F1, so i don't see any problems with licensing again.
DEMO RACERS! BUY S2 S THAT LFS TEAM CAN PAY FOR THE NEW F1 LICENSE! YOU WILL NOT REGRET! good suggestion, by the way.
it's fugly though.
I don't want a KERS in LFS
Quote from SidiousX :KERS would actually be kinda cool

It would be cool for the technical aspect of the game, but it would seriously work like NOS in the NFS serie :
- You press a button
- You gain more hp for a defined period of time
- It recharges by doing some specific actions (braking in that case opposed to sliding or avoiding cars in the NFS series).

It is not a very good technical improvement in the F1 World, but we should be all thankful to the environmentalist commission who convinced the European Parliament to pass a bill that the FIA should do so that "motorsports must be the showroom of the new green and clean technologies that will be implemented next in the mass production cars". I think environmentalism has got some interesting points about ressource management and sustainable development, but it shouldn't interfere with sports and alter its spirit.

Back on topic, the 2009 F1 cars look really cool (except for the rear wing, but that's not the point) and I am totally up for any new car. However if you implement it, please do it without the KERS
^yes.. ill call it NAWZZZ!!!
omg, it might need an upgrade but NOT THAT UGLY
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti
I think if the F1 would be updated on LFS, we then should wait until the final car design is made
Quote from Zen321 :It would be cool for the technical aspect of the game, but it would seriously work like NOS in the NFS serie :
- You press a button
- You gain more hp for a defined period of time
- It recharges by doing some specific actions (braking in that case opposed to sliding or avoiding cars in the NFS series).

i was thinking of something different we could do with kers, if it were to be added...

if they ever get around to making engine temperature work, kers could be used to cool the engine and clutch... cooler engine, slight speed boost, less gear slippage, recharge the "batteries" with braking... i'm not sure if that'd be any better than the nos-like boost people would imagine.

Simply because I don't like the new look of the car(s).
And beside, the one in game allready works, why do any changes to it?
It will be more worth if developers add some new features(like brake heating or rain or new track scenery) and don't spend their time on designing of new F1.
would be nice to have it ! but i dont think so..maybe in 10 years time.. thats how long we are waiting for sirocco
It's not an "upgrade" though. The BF1 is and always will be the 2006 BMW Sauber. Doesn't matter what changes get made for following seasons, that year's car stays the same.

And of course now this becomes yet another "I want a new car" thread and is in the running for a lock.
Also, I don't want to step on anyones toes, but with the developement times of a car for LfS, I can't see it happen to get a new Sauber every year. Also, what should be done with the old ones then? Should they be kept, resulting in having numerous similar cars cluttering the car selection (allthough a wheel to wheel comparison between the models could be interesting...), or omit the old ones, making the effort to create one obsolete after a year?

Also, there are other cars that would need updating too, like the Race About or the MRT..
The new f1-cars dont look THAT bad tbh...
The front part actually looks kind kewl. Rear wing looks fugly though.
Anyway, I wanna have this car in lfs nontheless.

But I think the devs wont get such a great deal again.
Quote from Stefani24 :The new f1-cars dont look THAT bad tbh...
The front part actually looks kind kewl. Rear wing looks fugly though.
Anyway, I wanna have this car in lfs nontheless.

But I think the devs wont get such a great deal again.

yeah if the rear wheels would alow to be further appart it would be a throwback to the 80's only more aerodynamic

So +1 for fronr kewl back EWWL
The F1 is used so little nowadays it'd not be worth the time invested in it.

A new model?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG