The online racing simulator
Boost
(54 posts, started )
Boost
Squids vids presents this streetracing themed movie. Fast'n'Furious, eat your heart out :P

Anyway, thanks to everyone who participated in filming this, and special thanks to team Falken for their server.

This is a straight to DVD, I mean YT feature, which was rated 1/5 before I managed to post this thread. ENJOY the lagfest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW8rWiX3FEg

download link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKFWJDNH
I'm SO GLAD I'm still awake to find this. Buffering now...
Pure awesomeness.
amazing! Good work!
Fantastic work squidhead, I particularly liked the night time filter you used, it creates a real sense of atmosphere, as did the sound effects used throughout. Looking forward to more
Quote from Start Wars :Fantastic work squidhead, I particularly liked the night time filter you used, it creates a real sense of atmosphere, as did the sound effects used throughout. Looking forward to more

Your homework is to beat this video... now chop chop, i want to see a good movie

Anyway

Lfsn00b - I also hoped for somebody to pick less powerful cars, but that wasn't the case. Also the traffic lights isn't technically a mistake, but I'll take it, since it's not as big of a problem as lags

on the other note, once i madea ricer video, my account visits grew dramatically in a matter of an hour, and the subscriber quantity grew by 8 people... Kids these days, it's all neons and flashy stereo systems

BTW (not everyone notices, but you should check out Big Cheese's handywork on that UF1 interior's stickers before the cop scene I LOLed when I first saw it)
Great video man I really enjoyed it. lol and here, I really want that interior.
Attached images
Interior.jpg
Quote from squidhead : BTW (not everyone notices, but you should check out Big Cheese's handywork on that UF1 interior's stickers before the cop scene I LOLed when I first saw it)

That sticker OMOM... It must be OMON

Nice vid, but where was TEH NAWZZ!!?
Woah that was just.. amazing :Eyecrazy:
Oh my God! Amazing video, squid!
Meh i thought the funny part was the Teddy sticker instead of GReddy
It's a shame that when I watched it that Youtube made it look like complete rubbish. But I got the point and really enjoyed it. Yeah, the lag is an issue but that's minor in a video with as much action as this one. Just superb.
It's a really good vid very nice effects and good action I loved those flames coming from the RAC's exhaust
uploading hq version for download
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's a shame that when I watched it that Youtube made it look like complete rubbish. But I got the point and really enjoyed it. Yeah, the lag is an issue but that's minor in a video with as much action as this one. Just superb.

Add &fmt=18 to the end of the url.
Was very nice but not perfect. There were bothering lag and the camera movement was not good all the time.
added Download link to the first post
Quote from squidhead :added Download link to the first post

watched youtube defenatly downlaoding man this is awsome
Nice story and very nice video also.
Very nice idea good video but there were so many mistakes ... Like orange light on semaphore and on next camera it was green and cars were still on the start
Quote from L@gger :Very nice idea good video but there were so many mistakes ... Like orange light on semaphore and on next camera it was green and cars were still on the start

that one was mentioned before... I'd like to know the ones I missed
I found that really interesting, the opening scene was awesome ..

That first track was awesome..

I couldn't find many faults apart from how some of the cars were a bit laggy...
LOLled at the gullwing-modded UF1, but otherwise the video lacks punch both in the script and the direction: there's a bunch of nice little ideas but they are just piled one over another, or better, they're just edited one after the other.

BTW why on the FZ5 the right side decals are mirrored (Body work..) ? maybe a subtle reference that I don't get?

Also I would it have been nice to see the headlights effect applied everywhere not just at the beginning. As a whole it feels a little rushed out to me.

I'd give it a 6.9/10
Quote from NightShift :

BTW why on the FZ5 the right side decals are mirrored (Body work..) ? maybe a subtle reference that I don't get?

Drifters mirror their paint job on one side for fashion reasons I think.
Quote from NightShift :
Also I would it have been nice to see the headlights effect applied everywhere not just at the beginning.

Yes it would... for that I'd have to put keyframes for each headlight at each 3rd frame, to look normal and smooth... quite a simple task for a movie that's 8 minutes long and has 50 fps, and usually more than 1 car in a shot...

Boost
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG