The online racing simulator
Mens Insurance
(29 posts, started )
#26 - DmcL
my insurance on the previous motor (dohc sierra) was 2.6k third party. first policy in my name, no ncb and 6 points. took the policy out lastyear when i was 20.

just had the policy amended as i sold the sierra and got a bmw 318i. as i was already in the middle of a policy and cant really go anywhere else atm they robbed me of 432 pounds to amend the policy. so all in thats 3k now.

now that im 21.. when this policy expires i will have 1 years ncb, it wont be my first policy and it will drop to about 2.2k.
Uk sounds like a hellish place to be, specially with gas prices. Just as well I live in America I have a 98' Grand Am 3.1L and I only have insurance for the person that I hit not myself, if I did have full insurance it would cost more than 6k USD and thats how much my car was bought for so I'm one of the few careful 16 year old guy drivers.
I will add that whilst confused.com, etc. are good to get initial ideas, if you already have insurance, going to your current insurer can yield interesting results. For instance my new 206 2.0 LX HDI is about £800-£900 (fully comp) from my current insurer, whereas my nearest quote on confused, etc. was over £1000. It's interesting what some people will do to keep your business sometimes
The thing is, the cost of insuring cars is so expensive here, you might was well get something really good, it's only an extra 300 quid for me to insure a BMW 325i, instead of a tatty astra 1.6....

I'm 19, with 8 points for doing something skillful on a racebike I used to have, and one crash (before I knew the meaning of weight distribution.)

Buy something good, it's not much more money.

Mens Insurance
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG