The online racing simulator
wats the latest?
(102 posts, started )
rofl indeed
I'd be scared if I was Scawen Looks like he has a stalker

Keiran
#78 - vtx
Quote from Scawen :But we've got to see how some planned things work out first.

That came out fine I guess

Grats again
Quote from mosquito25 :Ran my uncryption algorithm.

The result : Geraldine is pregnant. Congrats, Scawen :ices_rofl

Can you give me next weeks lottery numbers?
Ok so Scawen announced this surprise on the 28th, and Leo was born on the 27th, is this the surprise? But he said it would come in the next month or two, hopefully he meant something else? :o

Still, good guess mosquito25, we have a winner And congrats Scawen.
#81 - axus
Hmmm... almost got it right. Slightly more correct would be:
"Geraldine was pregnant."
Quote from axus :Hmmm... almost got it right. Slightly more correct would be:
"Geraldine was pregnant."

Yeah, u're right, seems my uncryption algorithm needs some tuning
Quote from mosquito25 :I know the true reason why Eric doesn't post here

The truth is in there

Obviously, Eric can use a mouse (and more than one imo), but it's almost impossible for him to use a keyboard

*ROFL* that's hot!
Resume :

Devs are alive and Problably We will not have any news until 28 april.
And unhappyly they still not respect this community.
........................................................................................................
Originally Posted by Scawen

Then what you can't imagine is the anger that starts to be stirred up. Posts all over the web on different forums and shout boxes "why are there so many stupid patches" and "what is wrong with these developers". For some people it's a big effort to download a patch, and it makes them angry and uneasy.
.......................................................................................................
My Improvement Suggestion is for developers start guiving us some news about how things going.

SITREP (Situation Report) is defined as "an update to an existing report, issued as conditions change or events begin to unfold.

.........................................................................................................
instead of posts like this:

Originally Posted by Scawen
If anyone wants to see more information about some things we've already discussed, Mogar has gathered some info on this thread :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5082

For anyone who gets annoyed that we can't give any time estimates for things, please check out this thread :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4933

.........................................................................................................
1 link : excuses
2 link : nothing here, only players posts of laming ,flaming or saving Developers
Or maybe some uses (cough) don't respect or understand the devs?
No one ever expects the Portugese inquisition?
:inq:
First Brazil, then Portugal. What's next?

In short: FoxT9, bugger off :irked:
Quote from Tweaker :Ok so Scawen announced this surprise on the 28th, and Leo was born on the 27th, is this the surprise? But he said it would come in the next month or two, hopefully he meant something else? :o

28th (February)
next month -> March!
leo annoucement: 4th March
-->

illepall

@mosquito25: MUHAHRAHARRR!!!!111 wheeha
#89 - axus
Son (you sound very immature, so I'm gonna assume you are around 10 and refer to you as son - I hope you don't mind), you haven't been around long enough to realise that that method hasn't worked either as people all want different things and as soon as a progress report comes along saying we've been working on this people like you say "but I wanted this and you took way too long to do that and this is more important to me and I don't care about that" and so on and so forth. You had your chance at frequent progress reports and you blew it... If you weren't around here for it, tough shit. Now, after years of perfecting the method of communication with a community filled with mature people and the odd idiot such as yourself, the devs realise that it will be easier to keep everyone happy by not releasing much information and surprising everyone with big updates. When the situation gets out of hand, the devs step in explain their case which is the reason for their posts above. Recently they have grown tired of having to repeat themselves over and over again and someone who did share your views at one point realised that what the devs are doing made sense and posted the collection of Scawen's posts. Now, instead of repeating himself Scawen posted a link to that thread. And what difference does it make if you get frequent progress reports about what the devs are doing? Its not like you will get your hands on it before the whole thing is done. They also tried frequent patches - that didn't work too well either because people complain about downloading 1mb a month. People are hard to please. This has been the best policy so far in terms of keeping posts like yours to a minimum and that is why the devs will stick to it. Grow up or go home.
Quote from axus :Son (you sound very immature, so I'm gonna assume you are around 10 and refer to you as son - I hope you don't mind), you haven't been around long enough to realise that that method hasn't worked either as people all want different things and as soon as a progress report comes along saying we've been working on this people like you say "but I wanted this and you took way too long to do that and this is more important to me and I don't care about that" and so on and so forth. You had your chance at frequent progress reports and you blew it... If you weren't around here for it, tough shit. Now, after years of perfecting the method of communication with a community filled with mature people and the odd idiot such as yourself, the devs realise that it will be easier to keep everyone happy by not releasing much information and surprising everyone with big updates. When the situation gets out of hand, the devs step in explain their case which is the reason for their posts above. Recently they have grown tired of having to repeat themselves over and over again and someone who did share your views at one point realised that what the devs are doing made sense and posted the collection of Scawen's posts. Now, instead of repeating himself Scawen posted a link to that thread. And what difference does it make if you get frequent progress reports about what the devs are doing? Its not like you will get your hands on it before the whole thing is done. They also tried frequent patches - that didn't work too well either because people complain about downloading 1mb a month. People are hard to please. This has been the best policy so far in terms of keeping posts like yours to a minimum and that is why the devs will stick to it. Grow up or go home.

Excellent post axus. I hope other people will read it and think twice before posting drivel.

Chance would be a fine thing!!
Indeed a very good post

But the community's impatience isnt the only reason for not making many small patches as we saw them in the pre-S1 demo days. The second reason is their stupidity: If there are many different incompatible patches around, people will wonder why nobody is online anymore. They will be all using different versions of the game.
To avoid this, the devs decided to keep the updates to a minimum.

Im sure that the high nose bug would be fixed if there were less people crying for new updates...
I understand people who disagree with incompatible patches, but in S1 days, I enjoyed those weekly patches It was nice and exciting.

I'm not crying for new updates, I'm only telling that it was nice in S1 days.
Yes it was nice, but the commnuity has changed, and Scawen cant split it into pieces and only allow a certain group of racers to test the new patches (except for the beta testers of course).
You all didnt get to understand my post at all , i slhoudnt paste devs comments there , you didnt understand!

I mean just to guive my opinion and its that i think :
devs should guive replys to the feedback .

im ok whith many patches,

and axus you can call me son . i will call you mother but dont call me idiot like the other morons on this forum that just reply BS, to the opinions of others.
Well the fact that you put all your comments in bold just shows you are trying to make a point.... a point with some very outlandish and absurd remarks. Whether or not it be your opinion, you pretty much put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time to mention some of these wild claims and assumptions:

Quote from FoxT9 :And unhappyly they still not respect this community.

First reason for getting that reply from Axus. This is clearly why, and you have it all wrong. The LFS devs probably are THE most respected developers, and they respect their customers.

Quote from FoxT9 :Originally Posted by Scawen
If anyone wants to see more information about some things we've already discussed, Mogar has gathered some info on this thread :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5082

For anyone who gets annoyed that we can't give any time estimates for things, please check out this thread :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4933

1 link : excuses
2 link : nothing here, only players posts of laming ,flaming or saving Developers

And those 1 link, 2 link comments above, you are really trying to set yourself above Scawen's factual statements and think otherwise. Completely ignorant if you ask me.... especially if you say WE got your comments wrong, oh the contradiction :rolleyes:

I am not saving the developers, I am only showing you that we DO understand exactly what you said, because there is no other possible way to read your opinion, and this is how we interpret it. Possibly there is a language barrier that is conflicting here. Even though you try to do some 'recap' post, this certaintly did not help.
*sigh* I'm getting some serious deja vu here.
And as usual, I'm going to agree with the more sane and sober posts in this thread. The more people complain and bitch and make assumptions about what the devs are doing with their time, the less the devs are going to want to post progress reports - especially if people write, in big bold red letters, that the developers don't respect their community. Language barrier be damned, that is insulting and ridiculous. I believe the devs see the community as an invaluable guage of what LFS fans would like to see (once they sift through the OT kitchen-related bollocks ), and what they don't want to see. One thing I'm sure of: most LFS fans don't want to see another thread complaining about the devs not communicating. It's getting boring.

It's been explained ad nauseam why the devs don't give progress reports every week and ffs I wish people would relax and be patient. There are other things to do while LFS is being worked on. There are other games in the world. There are other things in life! Go do them!
Exactly my thoughts. Couldn't have said it any better.
wild claims and assumptions !? not me , thats for sure

Hankstar I agree that making assumptions is not a good thing

but what a hell, i think its unpolite not saying anything after 8 months.

I could whait 1 more year playing S2.
its not me that is living on this forum.

ps:sory for using red.
Quote from FoxT9 :but what a hell, i think its unpolite not saying anything after 8 months.

gah ! read the other threads ... 8 month during which scawens significant other was pregnant

you might claim that s2 was rushed out to keep the community satisfied throughout scawens sabbatical but then again would you have wanted to wait a single day longer for the s2 release ?
by chance, i only got it after 2 day ! lol

wats the latest?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG