The online racing simulator
Anyone selling their sim rig/cockpit?
Hi folks,

Is anyone trying to sell or thinking about selling their sim rig/cockpit at the moment, or even know of any sites where some one is?

I'm looking for a good quility rig that can be home made or not and will pay good price for the right rig.

UK preferably but I will pay shipping from anywhere for the right product.

Thanks for listening
Theres loads of ads in magazines and on ebay, just have a look around, i had a leaflet but i lost it
Build one yourself mate , that way it custom fits.
wood.metal,plastic drainage pipe what ever you feel comfortable working with.RSC had a great section but is still down

I started with a 2nd hand BRD raceframe ,but have changed it so much it would have been easier to start from scratch!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Theres loads of ads in magazines and on ebay, just have a look around, i had a leaflet but i lost it

Hi pearcy thanks for the reponse mate. I can find plenty of new rigs playseat, Fanataec, Obutto (LOL maybe in 2099), Nixim etc etc. What I really fancy is someones custom rig that they have perhaps fallen out of love with or don't do simming anymore.

I can't find anything on ebay surprisingly except a new gameracer. Maybe I'm searching wrongly

If I can't find anything then a new rig it will have to be. Thought I'd try seeing what's out there first

Edit: Due to laziness I cannot be bothered building my own rig, if some handyman wants to build me something I will pay them for their time, proof will be needed of their handywork though
Now now now Alien, get off your lazy arse and build your own one .
Your handy enough, you should build a top notch one with capabiltys
Quote from niels1 :Now now now Alien, get off your lazy arse and build your own one .
Your handy enough, you should build a top notch one with capabiltys

Yes Niels but correct I am a lazy sod! Hmm you could build me one Nigtfly tells me you're good with your hands
Ordered the Nixim GT Racecraft, couldn't wait
Quote from alient. :hi folks,

is anyone trying to sell or thinking about selling their sim rig/cockpit at the moment, or even know of any sites where some one is?

I'm looking for a good quility rig that can be home made or not and will pay good price for the right rig.

Uk preferably but i will pay shipping from anywhere for the right product.

Thanks for listening

when's the new wheel coming?
Quote from StableX :when's the new wheel coming?

No wheel for now mate, nothing beats the G25 for price and the Frex is just a bitty too much. ECCI may look like a piece of art but it's not got FFB

Next on my wish list is TH2 go and another couple of 24" monitors, followed by ECCI pedals and and and and I really need to get a contract LOL.

Meeting tomorrow afternoon with Sonsub though
Quote from AlienT. :Ordered the Nixim GT Racecraft, couldn't wait

Don't worry, you will be delighted with it, literally built like a tank and fits like a glove, Don't know what options you ordered, but they can all be adjusted for that perfect driving position anyway.
You won't have any second place excuses anymore lol.

Hope you ordered it with wheels on
Yes mate wheels and a Cobra Daytona seat.

Also posted this on another forum maybe you guys can help me out too

I am seriously thinking about this TH2 Go.

I have at the moment a single Dell 24" 2408wfp monitor.

To keep things neat I would like to add another couple of 24" monitors but the 2408WFP's are a bit on the expensive side. They have actually gone up in price since I bought mine last year!

So if I was to go with another two less expensive Dell or other type 24" monitors do you reckon the picture would look strange across the 3 monitors due to the less contrast ratio etc of the other monitors?

Also the 2408WFP has a 1900 x 1200 natural resolution wheras the cheaper monitors I'm thinking about may not.

Am I waffling?

Should I go for another 2 x 24" monitors or would I need a superduper PC and GPU to handle this.

Or should I sell my 24" Dell and go for 3 x 22" monitors instead.

Regardless of what I do I guess I would need to upgrade my PC? I Currently have an E6750 and an 8800GTS with 4 meg RAM, a 500W power supply feeding an Asus IP35 Pro XE motherboard. Would just a Graphics upgrade do or would I need a better CPU also?

What are my best options to get value for money on a decent TH2go system is what I'm really after.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any advice or assistance. It would be much appreciated

I've just ordered up a Nixim Racecraft GT and an SST lightning shifter to go with my G25 and figured that what the heck lets go a bit further while I'm at it and get TH2go. Maybe in the future after I've paid for the pending divorce :P a new set of pedals will follow.

Cheers folks
Struan
Sweet ,
can't help with the THG though, I have a 42" widescreen and Track IR hooked up to my GT, I'm really happy with it but maybe the THG is better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG