The online racing simulator
:shhh:
Other suggestion
you can add a SC in both (sprint and feature) races
Like all the suggestions, maybe not using all of them at once though. At first i was also up for longer races, but as we have now been driving these 15+30 mins races the length seems just right. I mean the broadcast is allready 1h20min long so if we would have had 20 + 45 mins races the broadcast would have been near 2hours long. So i think the basic format is fine as it is.

Then some points that could maybe be considered and haven't been mentioned. I've seen these in other leagues and found quite fun.

- Qualifiying could be shorter 10-15mins and no shift+p & shift+s, but one could make a pitstop to change tires and add fuel. Would be more real life like.

- Superpole maybe. Only drawback is that it takes time.

- Forced pitstop in the longer race.
Some sort of pitwindow to go along with it. Doesn't work so well if somebody stops in the first lap or the last. Then could add other rules to it like everybody needs to change all 4 tires. Or if we want to keep the tire issue going, just say everybody needs to refuel atleast 10% fuel. Well the refueling might not work so well as the cars have different sized tanks.

- Reversing the whole grid for the feature. Or like in the Road Sport Winter Cup doing feature in the reversed championship standings order. New drivers started behind everybody.

Some ideas i thought might be worth considering.
All TBO cars have 75l tanks
Quote from J@tko :All TBO cars have 75l tanks

But they don't have slick R4 tyres.
Quote from J@tko :All TBO cars have 75l tanks

Well then the refueling should work. Was too lazy and didn't check just assumed that they could be different sized .
Quote from Jouman :Or like in the Road Sport Winter Cup doing feature in the reversed championship standings order. New drivers started behind everybody.

This sounds very good, IMO.
I was one of yesterday "newcomers" and well... We went right into the track without looking who was 1st in the champ, nor 2nd, etc. And perhaps that made the race even more interesting, now I see Blauwhoff is running for the title and perhaps the race fight should have been a little bit different, since I was there just for fun and 'cos I love TBO's

The point is, admins/organization/etc should decide if they prefer tight fights for positions or perhaps yes, make newcomers start from the back to not disturb between the top clasiffied drivers.

I just wanna race
Quote from Koa128 :I was one of yesterday "newcomers" and well... We went right into the track without looking who was 1st in the champ, nor 2nd, etc.

That's how it should be as long as you don't wreck everyone of them, IMO.
Quote from J@tko :Did I miss something...????

I just meant that introducing a mandatory pitstop on the feature race would introduce different strategies : some people would be able change their tyres without losing too much time so they would be able to push harder during their stint, while the other people would try to make their tyres last the whole race.

And well, for the full the others suggestions...

- +1 for suppressing shift+p, it's unrealistic.
- Superpole : +-0. Don't have a real opinion about that. But what I think is that if we take the new DTM system, it wouldn't take more than 3 minutes, so we wouldn't be losing too much time.
- Reversed grid : -1 IMO. This league is supposed to respect the touring car spirit, and as far as I know, we never had any full reversed grid in the touring car history. An 8 car reversed grid is enough for me, as it put some pepper on the race, but still give some chances to the top 3 finishers of race 1.
I have some tricks up my sleeve for the next season, which is due to take place after the Murray Motorsport Cup. I'm not going to release the plan yet, but I think it works
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :An 8 car reversed grid is enough for me, as it put some pepper on the race, but still give some chances to the top 3 finishers of race 1.

Eh? Pepper?

I think you mean spice
Quote from J@tko :Eh? Pepper?

I think you mean spice

Oooh.. Pepper doesn't work?
I would suggest to update the calendar. Dates are all messed up :S
Quote from Austbong :I would suggest to update the calendar. Dates are all messed up :S

Well, I think they're okay. The admins just changed the dates of the last two rounds of the seasons to avoid clashes with the iTCC.

The TBO Challenge - Suggestions
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG