The online racing simulator
Samsung 2443NW
(41 posts, started )
Samsung 2443NW
Hey, im about to buy this monitor for myself and i wanted to know, that does anybody know or own this monitor? Is it good, is it bad? I saw some videos on youtube named as "Dont buy samsung monitors!!1!" what made me worrie lil bit. And if anyone cant say something about this monitor, then how good are the specs? It should be enough fine monitor for me, cuz im on 17" crappy LCD at the moment. Thanks and dont ignore this thread, i mean ... reply me! Yes, you can take this thread as a review too or something. =]

Monitor: Samsung 2443NW (Click to google it)
Resolution: 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
Response Time: 5ms
Contrast Ratio: 20000:1 (Dynamic)
Brightness: 300 cd/m2
Pixel Pitch: 0.27mm
Size: 24" (Widescreen)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Color Support: 24bit (16.7 Million Colors)
Power Consumption: 50w

I have 2 Samsungs and a Dell(which I believe is a Samsung panel anyway) and love my monitors. They've never let me down. I also have a Samsung TV and a Samsung phone, don't know why people would complain about the company.
Myea, i just wanted to ask but still ... i once had (actually "we") one samsung tv in our living room. Well, it was CRT but it did its work very well, no complains at all. And at the moment we have a 32" LCD Samsung in our living room. I think its Samsung, because there is "SyncMaster" typen on the front of it ... No brand name at all.
I have a Samsung 245b Plus monitor. Almost the same I think... and I love it.

Only thing is the viewing angle, especially vertically. But, even with that I would buy this one again. So, yeah... it's a good buy IMO.
I hope that viewing angle wont be a problem for me ... My face is 40-50cm from the screen at straight look
Quote from zeromussov :I have a Samsung 245b Plus monitor. Almost the same I think... and I love it.

Only thing is the viewing angle, especially vertically. But, even with that I would buy this one again. So, yeah... it's a good buy IMO.

Classic TN. But I guess with PC monitors most people do look at them straight on so viewing angles aren't a massive issue. Colour reproduction on the other hand...
-
(hazaky) DELETED by hazaky
And when i watched the TigerDirectBlog video about same monitor, just a little bit newer one ... It was 2445NW i think, they showed viewing angle and it was pretty okay. One thing is that i dont know how the camera takes it. It started to go blackish when the monitor was almost at side angle.

EDIT: Will order monitor in 10h.
I'm happy with my Samsung 19". Could be better; lightbleed + viewing angle are pretty bad. Overall though, samsung is a very good company to buy from for monitors. The bezels always look stunning, too - which may seem unimportatnt but it is.
A quick question again, as this monitor supports VGA only - is the vga cable included? Im giving my old monitor away with pretty low price so i gotta give my cable with it.
A little bump, seems like people only "see" topics when theyr shown as "last post'ed" or something. Im in a bit hurrry tho, but not much.
Yeah, I'm 99% sure it's included. Would be really wierd if it's not included.
I thought so myself too. But okay
tn+vga at that size? my advice... dont
Quote from Shotglass :tn+vga at that size? my advice... dont

Why not? Actually i havnt seen differece or heard - that whats with vga and dvi. DVI is most likely better but does it really affect "enough" much to call VGA as crap?
VGA won't be as much of a problem as the TN panel.
Soz, i still dont get it

What is "TN"? ... :nut:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... ctive_matrix_technologies

Quote from Wikipedia :LCD panels using TN tend to have a limited viewing angle relative to CRT and plasma displays. This reduces the number of people able to conveniently view the same image – laptop screens are a prime example. Usually when looking below the screen, it gets much darker; looking from above makes it look lighter. Many displays based on thin film transistor variants such as IPS, MVA, or PVA, have much improved viewing angles; typically the color only gets a little brighter when viewing at extreme angles.

Because it's a 24" screen your viewing angle at the extreme edges of the screen will be fairly high, and so you won't see uniform colour across the screen.
Im watching the screen at straight angle. But well see.
Here's a very comprehensive guide list and suggestions for the "perfect" monitor, explains all the different technologies with the different panel types and also usually takes into account input lag and so on, a good read if a bit long.

AnandTech - The LCD Thread

For hardcore gaming the first Samsung is at fourth place:

24": Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM, 1920x1200 (16:10)
  • Panel: anti-glare TN, 72% NTSC, 16.7M colors
  • Inputs: HDMI, DVI-D (HDCP), VGA
  • Scaling: Full
  • Input Lag: 0 ms, avg (prad)
  • Ergonomics: Height Adjustment, Swivel, Tilt, Pivot, VESA Mount
  • Info: official specs | prad
  • Reviews: prad
  • Notes: Zero input lag panel (at native res) with decent characteristics. However, it lacks 1:1 and the scaler introduces some lag. Aspect scaling mode works improperly (see here).
  • Price: ~$400 USD
NEC seem to fair pretty good on all usage types...
Thanks m8, already found some great facts!

Edit: Well, how about this then?
Here's a good review page on how the TN panel looks at side angles:
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore ... 2493hm-part12.html#Angles

Even if you look a TN panel straight ahead with approx 40-50cm distance, there is still a slight brightness/hue difference at the extremes (even on my 22" display), but it's not that much for it to be too obtrusive. It's usually worst with even color showing on screen.
I have had this monitor for about 8 months and loving it, can't go wrong with it, there is no ghosting or pixel distortion.

Dell TrueColour E248WFP 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

- 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA+) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 5ms Response Time
- 400 cd/m2 Brightness
- One DVI-D Input
- One Analogue Input
- High Definition (HD)- Everything looks better in HD.
- Dell TrueColor Technology- 92% Colour Gamut
- VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes

#24 - Jakg
Out of interest, what sub £225 DVI 24" monitor would you panel freaks recommend? Would ideally want one with 16:10 1920*1200

TN is fine with me tbh.

EDIT - Tempting!
That monitor what i linked in my last post, seems to be very nice monitor. The specs and stuff ... At the moment ive been over 6 years on 17" LCD ... It has pretty old specs but the picture is very amazing for me. I dont know, may i be very suprised when id get a 24" fullhd monitor?

Samsung 2443NW
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG