The online racing simulator
great setup you got there man! and i like how small the fans are!
Hi Arc Team, I have a 5 amp 48volt supply and some small cooling fans left over from another project. Is it possible to just get the MOSFET board from you? If so how much?

Thanks
After more than a week of using the new G25 with steroids I'm very very happy... the feeling has been really improved and the speed it reacts too. Also I stop doing Benches at the Gym . For me this is a must have mod to have an approach to a serious professional wheel... don't forget the G25 is a consumer product, this Mod makes it more than that.
Doesnt it break the G25 faster with this tremendous amount of force?
Quote from G!NhO :Doesnt it break the G25 faster with this tremendous amount of force?

Ofcourse, especially with the same plastic cogwheels etc.
Quote from Bose321 :Ofcourse, especially with the same plastic cogwheels etc.

Absolutely NOT, nothing gets broken 'cause the initial calibration is faster, yes, but it ain't so strong to break anything.
The plastic you mentioned (cogwheel and main rim) is not normal and cheap plastic, it's a nylon-charged mix that make the material very strong and hard thus it can bear such more strenght.
Furthermore, during the game session the wear and tear is not so high either, the player have just to counterbalance the higher strenght produced by the two motors without hitting any mechanical parts nor the cogwheel.
Remember, the cogwheel is for initial calibration ONLY, it provides the end-course at both ends, nothing more.
We have sold other Mod G25-E and they are all working since more than 6 months and no problems are coming out. The testimonials are upon us.
Besides, you sell this kit with a warranty right? So if it bust, its no biggy. Unless your warranty does'nt actually cover THE wheel and only the kit.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Besides, you sell this kit with a warranty right? So if it bust, its no biggy. Unless your warranty does'nt actually cover THE wheel and only the kit.

Yes, we give warranty only for our kit. I suppose that you know about Logitech warranty: if you touch only a screw, the 2 years warranty is not valid and we can't give warranty on another constructor parts. Anyway we are sure of our work: all can happen but G25 has been produced with strong material. if the customer is not sure of the business, simply he don't buy our MOD but, as write in another forum, i suggest to check warranty condition of FREX product SIMWHEEL...... his cost is more tyhen 2k $.

At this link http://frex.xsrv.jp/gpshop/catalog/shipping.php you can find an intersting page where is write:

Warranty

All of our products are sold without warranty except electrical unit of SimConBASE and SimConMOTION controller box which are covered one year after purchasing the product. However, broken by electrical static, surge or input wrong voltage are exception guaraty for all electrical parts. There is no guarantee any of damage or injury caused by using our products.

Cheers
Quote from arc team :Absolutely NOT, nothing gets broken 'cause the initial calibration is faster, yes, but it ain't so strong to break anything.
The plastic you mentioned (cogwheel and main rim) is not normal and cheap plastic, it's a nylon-charged mix that make the material very strong and hard thus it can bear such more strenght.
Furthermore, during the game session the wear and tear is not so high either, the player have just to counterbalance the higher strenght produced by the two motors without hitting any mechanical parts nor the cogwheel.
Remember, the cogwheel is for initial calibration ONLY, it provides the end-course at both ends, nothing more.
We have sold other Mod G25-E and they are all working since more than 6 months and no problems are coming out. The testimonials are upon us.

It maybe will work after 6 months, but how more force you put on these cogwheels, how sooner they will break, that's just a fact.
Quote from Bose321 :It maybe will work after 6 months, but how more force you put on these cogwheels, how sooner they will break, that's just a fact.

Oh yes, absolutely. At a certain point everything gets broken, nothing last forever but we are pretty sure that our G25-E will last longer than you (and us) can hypothesize.
Here below the pictures of the cogwheel and the end-course tag, take an accurate look, we think it's more sturdy than needed.
Anyway, for us it's enough that it last at least 24 months, if more, good! it's all gain, for our clients and for us!
OK guys, I don't know what will happen in 6 month but I can tell this, the initial calibration is very fast, but no so strong, have a look at the vid... then in the profiler I use 70% (or less) of the force which gives a correct ammount of weight and a fast response, I believe in those patrameters I can assure nothing seams to be stressed... If you put the porfiler at 100% you just can't drive, or it won´t be real. Also I believe that the weakest part of the G25 is the Steering Wheel itself, it feels like a toy now, I will get a real one now (Sparco Probably), I have to look for a correct diameter and weight to match the original as close as possible so I won't lose the small details I feel now... that's it.

If it gets broken in a year, I would buy another and make the mod again, actually I have a brand new one as a spare (probably I'll mod it anyway too)

PD: Racing slicks are changed much more often and are more expensive too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
ehm Pablo.... we can sell SPARCO products... let us know wich kind of model you like.

anyway now we can show the tridimensional image of a new product called ARC_Wheel. This will be the optimal complement for our MOD. The wheel include real Sparco Wheel, 8 buttons, gear+rpm and clutch. we think to show you the first prototype before the end of this month then start betatesting. if all will be ok, will be released at the end of september/october.
#88 - Byku
Quote from arc team :ehm Pablo.... we can sell SPARCO products... let us know wich kind of model you like.

anyway now we can show the tridimensional image of a new product called ARC_Wheel. This will be the optimal complement for our MOD. The wheel include real Sparco Wheel, 8 buttons, gear+rpm and clutch. we think to show you the first prototype before the end of this month then start betatesting. if all will be ok, will be released at the end of september/october.

When is this ready???? I want to be the first in line...

Actually I'm trying to order something like this... just the mechanichal if possible, I have Leo Bodnar controler and some SLI frome Leo too... Also I have wired the G25 through the inside... could the SLI window be cutted in a custom way for my SLI, See the pictures.

Also, it would be great to do this with a Quick release, that would be great for quick switching Wheels between Openwheels and GT or Rally cars.

Keep Tunned!
Attached images
rFSLI-M_rFactorPlugin.jpg
leo_boards.jpg
Quote from Byku :Post some drifting videos mate!

I want to keep my 10 fingers .... drifting with this mod requires to get 50% of the FFB...
So how much is it actually, i dont really get it.

Is it 180 or 220 if you send your own wheel to them?
Quote from pgrande :When is this ready???? I want to be the first in line...

Actually I'm trying to order something like this... just the mechanichal if possible, I have Leo Bodnar controler and some SLI frome Leo too... Also I have wired the G25 through the inside... could the SLI window be cutted in a custom way for my SLI, See the pictures.

Also, it would be great to do this with a Quick release, that would be great for quick switching Wheels between Openwheels and GT or Rally cars.

Keep Tunned!

Hi Pablo
we have just buyed from leo the new display. We built the new wheel with 2 options: with or without quick release but the quick will be real quick from SPARCO.
As write before, we hope to be in market at the end september/october if the tests will be good .
Quote from G!NhO :So how much is it actually, i dont really get it.

Is it 180 or 220 if you send your own wheel to them?

180€ if you decide to but the kit
220€ if you send your own wheel
470€ if you ask to us to buy a new G25 wheel where we install the MOD
Ok thanks.
Quote from arc team :Hi Pablo
we have just buyed from leo the new display. We built the new wheel with 2 options: with or without quick release but the quick will be real quick from SPARCO.
As write before, we hope to be in market at the end september/october if the tests will be good .

waiting.... let me know...
how do i go about ordering the g25 mod kit? and cost to send to australia?
Regards Andrew
Wow, quite alot of money. For that kind of amount I can make my own FREX-ish wheel.
If you can, please do and tell us how!
#99 - STF
Frex is overrated. Or overpriced. Something of those two.
Quote from Bose321 :For that kind of amount I can make my own FREX-ish wheel.

For 480€? Hardly. But since SimWHEEL assembly costs ~1300€, pedals another ~1000, h-shifter, a few hundred.. a sparco wheel from their site cause it doesn`t come with the wheel kit, and so on..

You can try:
150€ a second hand G25 (AUD $250/ USD $200 usually);
180€ this mod + a few beers to keep busy while soldering stuff = roughly 340€. Or go to a friend with some equipment and knowledge, donate a few beers and..

You still have some spare money for Leo Bodnar's pedal resolution controller, Nixim brake mod.. Even for something like a quick release hub if that`s your thing and want to imitate Frex in that regard.
Sort the G25 flimsy shifter issue and you have a wheel worth over 9.. hundred.
Yeah, but at my dads work I can get most of the stuff for free

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG