The online racing simulator
GTA IV: The Lost and Damned - Now Available
(75 posts, started )
#1 - (SaM)
I just finished downloading the Lost and Damned. It's about 2GB so I had to remove some demos and videos on my 20GB HDD. It costs 1600 MS Points, so that's about $20 US.

From what I've heard, it's pretty much a new game with its own story and new content (about 16 hours of gameplay), so I figured it would need its own thread.

The link to the DLC on the Dashboard didn't work, so I inserted my GTA IV disc, and checked available downloads for the game. From there I was able to download it, so perhaps that'll help those that couldn't.

Anyone else who tried it yet, please share your opinions, as will I.
Ive got it and its apparently 12 - 20 hours of gameplay, finding it a great addition to GTA IV. Makes it worth while playing it again.
So is this for the Xbox only?
#4 - (SaM)
I agree. It's great how much stuff they've added or changed. It really feels like you're playing a new game. Liberty City looks and feels different, there's a shitload of new bikes, some new cars (I think), new activities like Airhockey and more.
More than enough stuff to get back to GTA IV again.

Did anyone notice Nico walking on the street in the intro? Was pretty funny to see the reference.

Quote from GFresh :So is this for the Xbox only?

Yep, Xbox 360 exclusive. No PC or PS3.
is there new cars added if so can you post some pics
i need 20$ now but my harddrive has only like 10gb left on it :/ (stupid 20gb harddrive)
#7 - (SaM)
Quote from brt900 :is there new cars added if so can you post some pics

Once I find the printscreen button on my controller.
But yeah, I've seen at least 3 new cars so far and I haven't really looked for them. There's some nice sports car, a family car and others.
xbox only, unfortunately Kelvin!!!!.

New cars, new bikes with all new handling, new weapons, new music, new missions, 50 seagulls to kill, 25 gang wars, loads of other extra diversions, TV shows, net sites etc etc etc, 12+ hours of gameplay.

All in all, well worth the 1600, its just a shame you can't use the new content in a "niko" game.
Sounds great. Will definitely have to download this soon!

A question, though, can I just purchase it with my credit card, or do I have to buy one of those pre-paid cards that I can redeem for MSP's first? Never purchased anything off Marketplace before
You have to buy MS points first, either online through MS, or buy a card through a reseller, you can even buy them off ebay, and you'll get send, via email, the redemption code.

Note, that you can only buy MSP points in certain denominations, i.e. 1600pts, 2100pts, etc etc
Quote from (SaM) :Once I find the printscreen button on my controller.
But yeah, I've seen at least 3 new cars so far and I haven't really looked for them. There's some nice sports car, a family car and others.

take a pic with your phone
Plenty of screenies on the LaD site, note, when I say new "cars", I mean new "trucks and vans"
Quote from danowat :You have to buy MS points first, either online through MS, or buy a card through a reseller, you can even buy them off ebay, and you'll get send, via email, the redemption code.

Note, that you can only buy MSP points in certain denominations, i.e. 1600pts, 2100pts, etc etc

Right, just bought 2000 directly from Marketplace. Couldn't be easier, didn't even have to enter my creditcard number or anything

Downloading now...
Yeah, but if they think that I will buy a console now they're wrong.
Quote from danowat :Not for me

Yeah, but now I won't run and buy an Xbox. I wouldn't use it... I've had my PS2 for a long time, but it's only my DVD player
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah, but now I won't run and buy an Xbox. I wouldn't use it... I've had my PS2 for a long time, but it's only my DVD player

if you get a ps3 you will have a bluray player
Quote from mutt107 :if you get a ps3 you will have a bluray player

And still no GTAIV DLC
Anyone know a good place to buy MS points "at low low prices"? Does such a place even exist?

Some of these places are a joke, actually charging more per point than MS themselves, or Amazon offering 2100 on a card for £17.95 (plus £4.50 shipping ! HAHA!). Although perhaps my reluctance to pay top dollar for add on content comes from getting the game itself (new and on a disk!!) for about the same price as they're asking for this add-on.

I generally find most stuff on the market place to a proper rip off too I should say, I don't mind spending money, but I don't like not getting value for money and I find £10+ for Halo1 a complete joke (as an example of the p1ss take that is their approach to pricing), most of the XBLA titles are very over priced too imo.
Quote from sinbad :Anyone know a good place to buy MS points "at low low prices"? Does such a place even exist?

Some of these places are a joke, actually charging more per point than MS themselves, or Amazon offering 2100 on a card for £17.95 (plus £4.50 shipping ! HAHA!). Although perhaps my reluctance to pay top dollar for add on content comes from getting the game itself (new and on a disk!!) for about the same price as they're asking for this add-on.

I generally find most stuff on the market place to a proper rip off too I should say, I don't mind spending money, but I don't like not getting value for money and I find £10+ for Halo1 a complete joke (as an example of the p1ss take that is their approach to pricing), most of the XBLA titles are very over priced too imo.

just get this?
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo ... 08&WT.mc_id=360merch4
Cheapest place I found was Play.com

And yes, some things (alot of things) on the marketplace are overpriced, you just got to decide if they are of value to you.
Quote from danowat :Cheapest place I found was Play.com

And yes, some things (alot of things) on the marketplace are overpriced, you just got to decide if they are of value to you.

Cheapest I've seen too. Works out as 124 points per £ (rounded off) compared with 118 at the marketplace, so buying the points that way would save me a whopping 66 pence! And I'd have to wait for it to arrive.
The one you posted Mutt actually works out more expensive than marketplace, and that's not taking in to account shipping (but I didn't register so don't know if there is any shipping to be paid on that item, there would be to the UK though ), it's also after converting that $19.99 to GBP and you still have to download it too.
Quote from danowat :Cheapest place I found was Play.com

Does those $19.99 include shipping? If so then I payed € 10 too much for my copy Then again, I don't like waiting for things Plus I've got 400 MSP's left as I had to buy 2000 MSP's, so I can still use those on something else later on.

Oh well, prices...

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG