The online racing simulator
Uwe Boll...Eat your heart out!
(35 posts, started )
Quote from gezmoor :If ever there was an argument that violent games can encourage kids to violent acts this is fairly damning evidence in it's favour.

But ofcourse, what could be more violent, than use your imagination to write a script, practice acting and learn using videocamera, greenscreening, and CGI special effects... THAT KIND OF ATROCITY SHOULD BE BANNED!
Quote from gezmoor :Personally I think its very worrying that this is what the kids of today want to create. If ever there was an argument that violent games can encourage kids to violent acts this is fairly damning evidence in it's favour.

Personally I think it is worrying that older people who watched western movies and dirtyharries in the '70s and then continued playacting scenes in cops & robbers games now think they were less exposed to violence than kids from this video game age.

Quote :Psychologists will tell you that it's a step in the wrong direction to want to act out such violent acts, towards actually being able to do it for real.

Psychologist would also tell you that fantasy is very different from real act.

Quote :Before anyone jumps on me saying that it's been proven video games don't make kids violent. I'm not saying they do, in isolation. I am saying they are part of the whole problem of desensitisation of our kids towards acts of violence. Desensitisation has been proven as being the first step towards the ability to act violently.

Of course you would include bad parenting in that equation, too?
looks great, amazing when you actually look at how much of the film is CGI. Almost all of it!

Amazing. Simply. Amazing.
Quote from gezmoor :Personally I think its very worrying that this is what the kids of today want to create. If ever there was an argument that violent games can encourage kids to violent acts this is fairly damning evidence in it's favour.

At least the kids of today aren't being exposed to whatever those 70's and 80's kids were. I dread to think of what inspired kids to make Braindead/Driller Killer/Cannibal Holocaust/Evil Dead.. etc,etc.

Come off it Gezmoor, this is hardly a "violent act" is it.
They have done nothing more than make a movie, one that is far less violent than some of the movies kids made before video games were even in the home.

You been reading too much Daily Mail recently?
gezmoor's on a rampage, maybe his own kids need the old whip. Or maybe HE'S the one being whipped.
Quote from BlueFlame :gezmoor's on a rampage, maybe his own kids need the old whip. Or maybe HE'S the one being whipped.

Actually I'll have you know I'd be in a far better mood if I WAS being whipped !!

My only point was, why use what is evidently a lot of talent to recreate a violent game?? To me it show's an unhealthy (obsession?) with wanting to blow peoples heads off.

As for the point about cops and robbers. Well if you can't see the difference between a 9 year old going "bang bang your dead" when they have absolutely no concept of what death is and a teenager enacting a graphic recreation of an execution then I've pretty much proved my point about desensitisation.

How do you feel when you the forth video on this page?

http://video.google.co.uk/vide ... TF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
I feel sorry for the chicken. You can see the chicken doesn't feel the initial pain but after a few seconds it's jolting with pain. Quite sick, actually.
#34 - Vain
Quote from gezmoor :How do you feel when you the forth video on this page?

Actually, after BlueFlame's description I'm not willing to watch the video and if the description is correct I find you posting it rather obscene.
For some people there's just a very big difference between virtual and real death.

Blowing people to shreds in Unreal Tournament is good healthy fun. Watching actual creatures die is sickening.

Regarding the topic: I really enjoyed the movie. It takes a huge amount of creativity to capture the spirit of a game in a movie and here it has been done extremely well.

Vain
Quote from gezmoor :My only point was, why use what is evidently a lot of talent to recreate a violent game??

David and Ian Purchase are independent filmmakers and commercial directors. Represented by Sons & Daughters in Toronto.

From the youtube page. There are even two commercials of Coca-Cola and iPhone, so looks like they're they've built a whole business around their 'unhealthy obsession'.

Quote :To me it show's an unhealthy (obsession?) with wanting to blow peoples heads off.

And people who play Chess with pawns made of chocolate, are prone to become cannibals!

Quote :As for the point about cops and robbers. Well if you can't see the difference between a 9 year old going "bang bang your dead" when they have absolutely no concept of what death is and a teenager enacting a graphic recreation of an execution then I've pretty much proved my point about desensitisation.

You misunderstood. I wasn't comparing cops & robbers with film making (or as you say it, recreating violent acts). I was comparing playing cops & robbers to playing video games, which is pretty much same thing.

Quote :How do you feel when you the forth video on this page?

I don't know what that chicken video was since you edited your post, but how the shit that happens in every war/conflict relates to evilness of video games? And I wouldn't decorate my living room with that photo, if that's what you were asking.

-

Uwe Boll...Eat your heart out!
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG