The online racing simulator
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. SUCKED this weekend PERIOD.
what is wrong with jr. this weekend on daytona 500?

first he missed the pitbox, then he got a penalty for not being inside the white line. and then he causes a wreck with a stupid move against vickers just out of plain frustration. on top of that he blamed it all to vickers.

he was really acting like a rookie this weekend.

i really like JR. but yesterday he behave like a jerk!
Thought it was Iracing :P
Quote from Fischfix :what is wrong with jr. this weekend on daytona 500?

first he missed the pitbox, then he got a penalty for not being inside the white line. and then he causes a wreck with a stupid move against vickers just out of plain frustration. on top of that he blamed it all to vickers.

he was really acting like a rookie this weekend.

i really like JR. but yesterday he behave like a jerk!

yeah, it's my fault. I was helping him train on iRacing
wtf?
Quote from StableX :yeah, it's my fault. I was helping him train on iRacing

Your style of racing :P Crashing.
#6 - th84
The Vickers thing was as much his fault as it was JR's.
Earnhardt Jr should have been penalised for that, if i'd been vickers i'd have waited for him to come back round and launched my helmet at his car.
Yeah, i dont know what was up with Dale Earnhardt Jr last night. He was all over the place.

But i thought the race was quite fun to watch, shame it never finished

It was both Jr and Vickers fault for the crash, both there faults.
the race was great but that was so unecessary... i think jr. said something like: why did he block me anyway? maybe he did not know he was fighting vickers for lucky dog...
maybe sim racing isn't anywhere near as beneficial as we first thought?
#11 - th84
Quote from trebor901 :Earnhardt Jr should have been penalised for that, if i'd been vickers i'd have waited for him to come back round and launched my helmet at his car.

If anybody should be penalised it should be Vickers. According to the rules, he who forces another below the double yellow lines will be penalised.

That was the only good part of the race, the rest was very boring.
I'm pretty sure Vickers' block was legal. All Junior had to do was safely get back behind him, instead he just swung his car back in line and took out a bunch of good cars. I don't think Junior did it on purpose, but his BS about getting pushed into the grass by Vickers is a joke, he had plenty of space to get back in if he would have just waited another second. Junior knows he screwed up.
#13 - th84
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm pretty sure Vickers' block was legal. All Junior had to do was safely get back behind him, instead he just swung his car back in line and took out a bunch of good cars. I don't think Junior did it on purpose, but his BS about getting pushed into the grass by Vickers is a joke, he had plenty of space to get back in if he would have just waited another second. Junior knows he screwed up.

It was payback from a couple of years ago at Talladega when Vickers took out the 48 and the 8 for his one and only win.
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm pretty sure Vickers' block was legal. All Junior had to do was safely get back behind him, instead he just swung his car back in line and took out a bunch of good cars. I don't think Junior did it on purpose, but his BS about getting pushed into the grass by Vickers is a joke, he had plenty of space to get back in if he would have just waited another second. Junior knows he screwed up.

Watch the replay again... Vickers drove into the RF of Jr. At 195mph, I think getting hit might make you jump a foot or two left and then right as you correct it. He nearly made it, but wasn't quite clear.

It was just a racing incident, nothing intentional. With these guys racing every lap like it could be the last one cautions happen quite a lot more often.
this would be a case for "the blame game" imo

i would call it on jr. still. there was no reason for being that agressive. he also knew, a caution will help him.

i see vickers' block reasonable as well and not illegal. as earlier discussed on TV: double yellow line means "out of bounds" which also means you loose all rights of way to the racetrack at that point.
#16 - th84
Quote from Fischfix :

i see vickers' block reasonable as well and not illegal. as earlier discussed on TV: double yellow line means "out of bounds" which also means you loose all rights of way to the racetrack at that point.

That is correct unless you were forced below that line, which in this case (imo) he was.

Reasonable block to the point that he made contact with the front of the #88?

If he wanted to bring out the caution there are other ways, and he knows quite well.
He made many pit mistakes. Just one after the other...he really did suck that day.

The Vickers incident imho was just a racing incident. Vicker's Red Bull was just obviously much slower than Jr. BUT they are directly racing each other for the lucky dog. SO, Vickers had every right to block. I think Jr. didn't expect Vickers to block and when he did Jr was caught off guard
I don't think what Vickers did could be called forcing him below the yellow line, if he started to block before Jr. was alongside. Jr. had to see the block and make the decision to try to pass anyway.

As for Jr. cutting back up, I don't think it was intentional, just done poorly out of frustration. Him saying his car was out of control from the initial contact was a pretty poor smokescreen, IMO.
He was forced below, watch the replay again from Jr's roof. You will see that Jr is under Vickers car when Vickers cuts down, forcing Jr onto the apron. Also, the rule states when you go under the line you are required to come back up on track and get in line. Jr was doing just that, and barely clipped Vickers bumper (who was on the yellow line as well). Guys, it wasn't like it was wheel to wheel contact, he barely shaved his bumper, anything at that speed will make the car sideways.

If anything blame Vickers for trying to be a hero and save an out of control car. If he would of just spun to the inside he would have saved not only his car, but about 10 other cars.
You cant block a car that is already next to you, you are also not allowed to force a car below the yellow line. Vickers took a huge risk with that move and paid for it. That was totally unnecessary early in the race to block a car that had so much momentum on him and was already next to him.
Quote from George Kuyumji :You cant block a car that is already next to you, you are also not allowed to force a car below the yellow line. Vickers took a huge risk with that move and paid for it. That was totally unnecessary early in the race to block a car that had so much momentum on him and was already next to him.

Although I agree, was it necessary for Jr to go back up and hit Vickers? The way I see it, Vickers move was illegal, Jr's move was illegal. They're both at fault. Jr could've just blended back in as he's sopose to after crossing those lines but instead he didnt judge his distance properly and clipped the back of Vickers' car. Vickers on the other hand wasn't allowed to block Jr who was coming fast and was already slightly beside him. Although the whole thing started by a stupid move by Vickers, Dale could've avoided it easily.
Quote from evilpimp :Although I agree, was it necessary for Jr to go back up and hit Vickers? The way I see it, Vickers move was illegal, Jr's move was illegal. They're both at fault. Jr could've just blended back in as he's sopose to after crossing those lines but instead he didnt judge his distance properly and clipped the back of Vickers' car. Vickers on the other hand wasn't allowed to block Jr who was coming fast and was already slightly beside him. Although the whole thing started by a stupid move by Vickers, Dale could've avoided it easily.

He didn't have a chance to blend back, Vickers was on the yellow line.
Quote from PMD9409 :He didn't have a chance to blend back, Vickers was on the yellow line.

Couldn't he just lift slightly? He doesn't NEED to blend back into the back of Vickers...
Quote from evilpimp :Couldn't he just lift slightly? He doesn't NEED to blend back into the back of Vickers...

Watch the replay, he does lift for a brief second. Vickers was on the line himself, what you don't understand is that Jr never actually got a chance to blend in because Vickers was there.

If he lifts all the way out, there are a train of cars behind him that pushed him up to Vickers to begin with, so where exactly is he going to go?

Hey, if it was me Vickers car would be spinning at the initial block, consider it a courtesy Jr let him stay straight as long as he did.
Wrong, watch the replay, no one was behind them they were all further up.

Tbh I would've done the same as you and would've let Vickers spin trying to block a car thats already beside him. But given that he did go down, he could've avoided that huge pileup by simply lifting slightly more and blending back in catching Vickers draft and getting him later on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG