The online racing simulator
Stock rods
(27 posts, started )
Quote from mookie427 :most of them are prepared on driveways on shoestring budgets. Kept running all season unless they have a big off, lots you will see have barely any straight panels as they just beat any dents out instead of replacing them. I've been spectating at Standlake for about 10 years now, the prep in the non-contacts basically hasn't changed at all during that time - H frame for safety, and a bit of welding here and there, proper cheap mans motorsport. Saloon rods are great to watch as it almost guarantees some close action with the occasional off.

That's great to hear and the sort of thing that I am after, as an engineering student I don't think I could really forgive myself for using an H frame, I also don't like the idea of a side impact with just a door skin and no door bars, so I'm not going to cut any metal out of the drivers door, will also help shift the weight bias to the inside

I've spoken to the guy from Tornado Motorsport and he says he can do me a rear roll bar and stays with a single drivers side door bar for £200. Will take the car down to him when I've got a weekend/a trailer sorted.

Stock rods
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG