The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 250 : Practice Session 7
Hello all:

Practice session 7 for the 2009 Kyoto 250 will be held starting at 1900 UTC on Friday, 13th February 2009 (@ the date...creeeeepy, yeah ?).

It will be a 55 lap race, set to 57 for two pace laps. A green-flag pitstop will be required.

Also, starting with this session, please be familiar with the full restart procedure...lapped cars are permitted to start from the inside, up to being alongside with the leader. I'm not entirely set on really using this, but I'm now confident that people won't entirely bin it under SC that we can try it out.

d

Qualifying Results

Race Results

Session Replays (7z)
Attached files
Kyoto250_Practice7_RaceLapCards.zip - 621 KB - 126 views
Ill try to come, if there isnt another league.
I don't know if I'll be there, but I'll try to appear
I might be there, but it's Friday, nobody knows what I'm doing then.
i probably will be there...
I'll be there !
I will be there
I'll try to be there.

Green flag pitstop? So pitting under yellow doesn't count? Interesting...

I don't really understand the lapped cars inside on restarts procedure, could you explain it a bit more clearly for a noob such as me?
Quote from Timdpr :I'll try to be there.

Green flag pitstop? So pitting under yellow doesn't count? Interesting...

I don't really understand the lapped cars inside on restarts procedure, could you explain it a bit more clearly for a noob such as me?

Okey... The rule was born in NASCAR. Lead Lap cars are racing on the right side of track, lapped cars on the inside of track. They sort that way most likely on the last lap of the SC-phase, but race director will tell you when. If you're not on the lead lap you can go onto the inside of the track and, eventually go parallel to the leading car. On restart you can even overtake the leading car. In the right line all lead lap cars are in racing order... on the left line all laped cars.

The sense behind it is the following: In NASCAR there are no Blue Flags (at least in the Oval). The lapped cars on the inside can overtake the cars on the outside and may unlap themselves. So you can gain a lap on lead lap cars witch may bring you back into the lead lap line of cars in the next caution. But I think the real reason for NASCAR to introduce it was to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbgePjJ9Ik
Damn, I was about to submit a long post before something in my mind suddenly clicked...we have single file restarts! :doh: I understand now!
i'm in
#12 - CSF
Send me the pass, though I suspect I might have to duck out after an hour.
SERVER ISnt ONLINE !
Oh yeah guys, the server name has changed.

It's now:

NDR|Event Server

Sorry for the mix up - Joe was supposed to be PMing you
You could've told me the server name was going to change permanently...

Then I wouldn't have PMed some new entrants with the wrong info. I thought that you just changed it temporarily for some reason...
#16 - CSF
My drinking session will commence from 8pm tonight, so I won't be able to make it. Hopefully this weekend I wont come home and try to drive.
Can't make it, sorry guys.

Have I been to all required practice sessions? Or rather, was I credited with coming to session 5?
I'm sorry that I didn't get you flipped Yann
Sorry Aj and those who suffered from the lap 5 crash (Yann especially :S)

100% my fault. Got a bit of contact with Aj in T3 (that wasn't so much my fault eh? :P) and then I was sure I cleared him and couldn't even hear his car at all I checked the mirrors and nothing I turn in and crash. :S

Also Stefan, that was a pretty cheap move when you pushed me into the wall in T3 and just kept going.
Provisional results uploaded, replays also uploaded in 7zip.

Protests ? Post 'em here before Sunday 1900 GMT for consideration.

d
Quote from evilpimp :Sorry Aj and those who suffered from the lap 5 crash (Yann especially :S)

100% my fault. Got a bit of contact with Aj in T3 (that wasn't so much my fault eh? :P) and then I was sure I cleared him and couldn't even hear his car at all I checked the mirrors and nothing I turn in and crash. :S

Also Stefan, that was a pretty cheap move when you pushed me into the wall in T3 and just kept going.

Sorry for that, car went tight, and i coudlnt really do anything. Sorry.

Anyway, nice 3 fight with some 3-wides here.

And today the poeple beahved very much better then before, Race organisation couldnt have been better.

I made some mistakes, but that can happen
Got really frustrated by being rolled just after 2 laps of green flag racing, but bah, that's (sim)motoracing.

But anyway I don't think that standards were better tonight, we had a lot of avoidable incidents...

EDIT: At least I got the best speed... 257 kph ! Can I get a cookie for that?

EDIT 2 :
Quote from z-ro 8 :i coulda got ya if deko woulda let me

anyway, i tried bud.

Haha, yes, that was a nice try mate.
Quote from TFalke55 :I'm sorry that I didn't get you flipped Yann

i coulda got ya if deko woulda let me
anyway, i tried bud.
Quote from dekojester :Provisional results uploaded, replays also uploaded in 7zip.

Protests ? Post 'em here before Sunday 1900 GMT for consideration.

d

i understand the need to not throw cautions too often, but maybe take into consideration the position of those involved? specifically lap 27 when Goga got loose and came down while we were in 2nd and 3rd respectively and i got spun, the 2nd of 4 times no less.......
not a big deal, but might be a good idea when it comes to the "leaders"
thx.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG