The online racing simulator
#26 - T.J.
I was supposed to wear glasses 10 years ago.. I tried, but I blacked out because I got dizzy xD So I gave up glasses and now I see perfectly for some reason...
i have to wear glasses all the time ive just grown used to them
I've worn glasses for 23 years and now I'm free
I now wear Ortho K contact lenses, you wear them at night while you sleep and take them out in the morning. It's like standard contacts but in reverse, my eyes are now like normal during the day. It cost a little bit more than glasses, but I love the freedom. It is now at the stage were I put them in every second night. If you need to now more http://www.completeeyecare.com.au/orthok.htm
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I've worn glasses for 23 years and now I'm free
I now wear Ortho K contact lenses, you wear them at night while you sleep and take them out in the morning. It's like standard contacts but in reverse, my eyes are now like normal during the day. It cost a little bit more than glasses, but I love the freedom. It is now at the stage were I put them in every second night. If you need to now more http://www.completeeyecare.com.au/orthok.htm

'Braces for your eyes' - that's really wierd, but also really interesting, I had no idea you could do that. And it works?
Quote from mrodgers :Best thing I have ever done.

youd think it would be 'getting married' or 'having kids'
My left eye is a bit pants. On it's own it's hard to read signs. But my right eye is fine, so I just use that. Essentially my left eye is 'lazy' and only exists for the depth perception I need, which appears to be intact.

I tried contact lenses, but I was unable to get the right perscription. If I'm asked to read the letters, or spot the dots then my eye TRIES to, and succeeds, and thus I get the wrong lenses. I failed to make my eye relax and act normally during the tests.

So I gave up, and spent the money on cigarettes and racing cars instead
I've worn contact lenses for the past couple of years, and they're great. I have daily disposable ones, only forgotten to take them out at once and tbh I didn't have any issues at all. Just a bit more of a bummer to get out.

I found that it took me about 2 months to get completely acclimatised to plonking bits of plastic in my eyes but its fine now - takes me about 30 seconds every morning and about 10 every evening.

Although my eyes do tend to get a bit dry if I leave them in too long - I just take them out and plonk my glasses on.

However, if I'm in the middle of a race on LFS sometimes, the lenses just kinda lose their focus a bit and im kinda blind in one eye until i blink, meaning its kinda bad for people around me
i get new glasses tommorow!!! optomized for driving
Quote from J@tko :I've worn contact lenses for the past couple of years, and they're great. I have daily disposable ones, only forgotten to take them out at once and tbh I didn't have any issues at all. Just a bit more of a bummer to get out.

I found that it took me about 2 months to get completely acclimatised to plonking bits of plastic in my eyes but its fine now - takes me about 30 seconds every morning and about 10 every evening.

Although my eyes do tend to get a bit dry if I leave them in too long - I just take them out and plonk my glasses on.

However, if I'm in the middle of a race on LFS sometimes, the lenses just kinda lose their focus a bit and im kinda blind in one eye until i blink, meaning its kinda bad for people around me

I'm sure you like plonking things into your eye... :hide:
Quote from J@tko :I've worn contact lenses for the past couple of years, and they're great. I have daily disposable ones, only forgotten to take them out at once and tbh I didn't have any issues at all. Just a bit more of a bummer to get out.

You just described my past 6 years of wearing contacts right down to the description of racing LFS with the contacts in instead of swapping for my glasses in the evening.

I remember that first week of contacts. I got up half an hour earlier for work and it took me that half hour to get one in just one eye. I was late for work, lol. Now, as you said, it takes 30 seconds in the morning and 10 seconds at night.
Quote :My left eye is a bit pants. On it's own it's hard to read signs. But my right eye is fine, so I just use that. Essentially my left eye is 'lazy' and only exists for the depth perception I need, which appears to be intact.

I tried contact lenses, but I was unable to get the right perscription. If I'm asked to read the letters, or spot the dots then my eye TRIES to, and succeeds, and thus I get the wrong lenses. I failed to make my eye relax and act normally during the tests.

So I gave up, and spent the money on cigarettes and racing cars instead

I actually wear only one contact lens, I use my left eye for the reading and my right eye for distance, it's the right that has the contact. It was suggested by my optometrist, he said you train the brain and it knows what to look at. And it works. Amazing stuff.
I find that if I'm playing games with my contacts in - especially racing games - I forget to blink. Then when I do, my eyelid will get caught on the now partly dried-up lens.
I used to think the world was supposed to look stupidly blurry until 4 years ago I realised I was the only person in my class who couldn't read the blackboard. So, for 3.7 of the last 4 years I have been wearing geeky glasses for reading, TV, PC, Cinema etc. Recently I actually invested in some more fashionable 'Bench.' glasses and don't feel so silly walking around with them on all the time.

I keep hearing nice strories about contacts being super-awesome but I just can't stand the thought of putting things in my eyes. It's not natural!!!

Maybe one day I'll face up to it and make the leap, but until then, I'm happy to spend a minute every day cleaning my glasses.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I keep hearing nice strories about contacts being super-awesome but I just can't stand the thought of putting things in my eyes. It's not natural!!!

Believe me, I thought the same thing. Everyone does. I had wanted to get contacts for years and years and I waited until I was in my 30's before I was "brave" enough to try them. I could kick myself for not trying them 20 years ago.

Like I said, it took me at least half an hour to 45 minutes to put just one contact in my eye the first few days. Now it takes 30 seconds and both contacts are in. I put my glasses on initially in the mornings for about 15 minutes while I scarf down a bowl of cereal and can't wait to take them off and put the contacts in. Glasses suck.
Funny when i read about ppl who don't wanna wear glasses cause they hate carrying that litte box around all the time. was quite the opposite to me. about 10 years ago, partying every friday/saturday and not knowing whether you make it back home or fall asleep at a friends house, i used contacts and didn't feel well leaving them in my eyes over the night. so i either carry around the little box for the contacts and the bottle of this liquid you need for them, or you wear glasses and just take them off right before you fall asleep.

now i'm not partying that much anymore in public - wondering how it were different if i got used to wearing contacts over night sure i got used to the glasses. but sometimes i wish i didn't need them. what bothers most is that i can't recognise faces in the distance without them. -1,5 right, -1,75 left. just enough to wear them all day long.
Well I have been on the contact lens trial for the past week now, and....simply am gobsmacked. The first time the optometrist stuck them in my eye I swear a few blinks and I couldn't feel them.

He told me to go for a walk around town and return in 15 minutes, I am sure if you remember the first time. It was odd, not only can you see but I can perceptionally see things better. Glasses distort where things are, these things are just amazing.

I must be lucky because the first time I popped em in my eye on my own, it took me just a few minutes.

See though, I only went to get them for use with sports and nights out, but they are just...well I am sure you'll know whoever wears them...just that good.

I checked Specsavers, they seem to be the cheapest there, just less than £10 a month for the better brand for 6 monthly pairs (£49 for 6 monthly pairs) or if I went disposable something like 69p a day. I hear the monthly ones are thicker and slightly more hassle, but its money at the end of the day.
I have an astigmatism in my left eye, and I'm also long-sighted, so I wear my glasses all the time.

I look silly without them on though
I wear glasses but only when i have to. PC, TV, driving etc i prefer not to wear them when going out.
Just when driving cause i have to. But they can't "heal" my left eye, it's too late now, haven't weared them in time, so there's no point now..
I just need them for driving and sometimes during the lessons if I can not see the whiteboard properly, otherwise I never use them.
Quote from spacedskunk :Well I have been on the contact lens trial for the past week now, and....simply am gobsmacked. The first time the optometrist stuck them in my eye I swear a few blinks and I couldn't feel them.

He told me to go for a walk around town and return in 15 minutes, I am sure if you remember the first time. It was odd, not only can you see but I can perceptionally see things better. Glasses distort where things are, these things are just amazing.

I must be lucky because the first time I popped em in my eye on my own, it took me just a few minutes.

See though, I only went to get them for use with sports and nights out, but they are just...well I am sure you'll know whoever wears them...just that good.

I checked Specsavers, they seem to be the cheapest there, just less than £10 a month for the better brand for 6 monthly pairs (£49 for 6 monthly pairs) or if I went disposable something like 69p a day. I hear the monthly ones are thicker and slightly more hassle, but its money at the end of the day.

Excellent

I bet like every other person who wears them, you're kicking yourself that you didn't try it sooner.
I Am Short Sighted, From playing too many games.. Got Contact Lenses

One thing, Quite a stupid question,

are you allowed to race with contact lenses?
i wear glasses only for driving...not because i have to, but because i want to, its safer...
Quote from spacedskunk :I went to the opticians last Teusday, had a check-up and finally after 2 years they have decided I needed a pair (short-sighted, -1/-1) as I've been pestering him for some really, but he's been holding them off to make sure it wasn't just a temporary thing.

Now I agreed to my optician that I would only use them for things such as driving, the cinema/TV etc, as he explained if you wear them all the time, your eyes become adjusted to the lenses and in turn become much shortsighted than they are now. The thing is I've been practically wearing them whenever I am not at the computer or reading, whereas I obviously said I wouldn't.

My question is, if any of you out there have got glasses for distance and you don't necessary need to wear them all the time, do you find you do anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLEuWEvH5GI&feature=fvst

/fetches banana suit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG