The online racing simulator
X1600Pro & Poor Framerate.
(8 posts, started )
Well, this is a cool problem.
I Run LFS S2 Demo at about 2 days after the release day till this moment excellent with my ATi 9600XT [Sapphire]. Framerates, too high and the performance of the card in the game is very good.
I bought yesterday a Sapphire X1600Pro AGP 256Mb an all the games were running amazingly better. I used all the versions of the drivers i had to run the LFS S2 Demo at least with 25Fps but nothing happened.
I aint use AA Or AF and no o/c was applied.
All games run perfect except LFS.
SO? I install again the 9600XT and the latest drivers, everything's great! LFS Runs smoothly at 70 - 150Fps!
What is going on and my new card cant run the game even at 50Fps?
As i said before there is not an AA of AF or Driver issue.
Maybe i should stop driving, till a release of a patch?
Does the game support the X1600Pro card?

Thanks in advance and i would prefer an extra opinion fron Scawen who i love so much for this great game.

Holly crap, I forgot my specs.
P4 Prescott 478 3.0@3.7
2 Gb Ram Dual Channel DDR400
Gigabyte GA81PE1000G
300GB W.D. 200GB W.D. 40GB W.D. drives
DVD-RW CD-RW
Chieftec PSU 400W
TV Tuner
Lan card
Modem 56K
Exactly which driver revision are you using?.

Dan,
The game supports any GFX card that runs Direct X 8 did you remove all ATI software prior to installing the new card with the ATI removal tool ? I recomend running this then removing card installing new and loading up the new(ish) 6.2 drivers , The tool is required to remove the keys from your registry that refer to the older card .

I hope the above gives a better FPS .However it may just be that your new x1600 pro is a "mid range" card and the 9600XT was /is a higher end card and may just give better performance

SD.
your probably running drivers older than 6.2 but newer than 5.something ... all of those cause very low framerates with the x* series cards in lfs
Ok, problem solved.
SparkyDave you gave me the solution.
Before uninstaling my card after i had taken off the old drivers i aint use a catalyst drivers cleaner and somenthing went wrong...
I did that now and installed the 6.2 and problem is solved.
I dont think that X1600Pro is worst than the 9600XT because the first has SM 3.0, DDR2, AVivo [ok ok dont count] and better VPU, also it has 256Memory.
If it was worst it wouldnt increase the PC's performance in all games and benchmarks at least twice!

Thank you all for the answers.
Although you have fixed your problem, I must say to others that I had to acctualy uninstall lfs, and re install it (or just delete teh config file/s) b4 i could get good fps.

Just somthing to try next time
Quote from MorfeasFX :SparkyDave you gave me the solution.

Glad I could help thanks for the mention

SD.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG