The online racing simulator
.vob files help plz!!
(20 posts, closed, started )
#1 - M3N5U
.vob files help plz!!
I was wondering if there was a way to edit the vob file that are located in the veh folder in the data??

Thx in advance for the help!!
Sorry for my english if there's some errors... I'm a french Canadian
That's the result of no Sciroccos.
#3 - M3N5U
Short answer: no.

Long answer: If you have to ask, then still no.
#5 - M3N5U
kk lol!

The reason why I want to edit it is to replace the new streering wheel of the XRT by the old one...
I tried to find the line of code who designed the steering wheel by opening the file in notepad but I couldnt find it so I was wondering if you could point me in the good direction...
You can get the old XRT interior back by copying the .dds files for it from an older patch (I think Patch X or before) although I'm not sure if this will create any other issues (It shouldn't though).
#7 - M3N5U
Well you have to replace the XR.vob file in the veh folder by the one from the Y patch so you have the old car and you also have to take all the old dds files that go with the XRG and XRT ... but i like the new interior except for the steering wheel so I want to take the lines of code from the old XR.vob file and replace the ones in the new by it ... dont know if u understand what I mean...
Oh yup, you're right there.

You'd need to replace the old .vob and use the old .dds, I don't _think_ you can have the new wheel with the old interior, or vice-versa.. but there are a wide choice of steering wheels that you may like. There are plenty on LFS Database, as it was a generically used wheel in older versions.
Quote from M3N5U :Well you have to replace the XR.vob file in the veh folder by the one from the Y patch so you have the old car and you also have to take all the old dds files that go with the XRG and XRT ... but i like the new interior except for the steering wheel so I want to take the lines of code from the old XR.vob file and replace the ones in the new by it ... dont know if u understand what I mean...

Interesting thought. Doing so may result in mismatch errors online, though.

I don't know the code itself, but I'm sure there's something in there. Keep pokin'.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh yup, you're right there.

You'd need to replace the old .vob and use the old .dds, I don't _think_ you can have the new wheel with the old interior, or vice-versa.. but there are a wide choice of steering wheels that you may like. There are plenty on LFS Database, as it was a generically used wheel in older versions.

I know that you can use the old vod with the old dds so you have all of the old interior with the old wheel. That's easy but I want the NEW interior with the OLD wheel so I can use the old dds file(but only for the wheel)

Quote from MAGGOT :Interesting thought. Doing so may result in mismatch errors online, though.

I don't know the code itself, but I'm sure there's something in there. Keep pokin'.

Well I dont think there would be any problem online. But for the match between the old wheel and the new interior together there'S a lot of chance there will be some problems like some holes or over matching parts. but I will continue to work on this and try to find the good line of code.
There will be a mismatch as your vob file would not match the hosts'. Make sure you have a backup copy of your vob files.
Quote from MAGGOT :There will be a mismatch as your vob file would not match the hosts'. Make sure you have a backup copy of your vob files.

Ya mayby... I will test it with the old one only to see if I can go online with it
Be sure ... I always make a back up copy
I actually don't think you can get the old wheel in the new interior..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I actually don't think you can get the old wheel in the new interior..

Of course you can. You just gotta tinker.
#15 - RS1T
Quote from MAGGOT :There will be a mismatch as your vob file would not match the hosts'. Make sure you have a backup copy of your vob files.

Wrong

I have tried going online with modified .vob's and i did not get an OOS error. In answer to your first question, it is possible to edit the .vob files, but only a very few amount of people can do it, and they never share their secrets
Quote from RS1T :Wrong

I have tried going online with modified .vob's and i did not get an OOS error. In answer to your first question, it is possible to edit the .vob files, but only a very few amount of people can do it, and they never share their secrets

Ya that's what I saw! ... Thx for the precison!! I'll try to work on this and break the secret!!
Quote from M3N5U :Ya that's what I saw! ... Thx for the precison!! I'll try to work on this and break the secret!!

Break the secret = Perma-ban from forums. You could always try searching for nicely made custom VOB files.
Quote from M3N5U :I dont understand...

He mean "That's the result of the Scirocco delay."
#19 - RS1T
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Break the secret = Perma-ban from forums. You could always try searching for nicely made custom VOB files.

You don't get banned from forums if you break the secret, you only get banned for releasing mods. Searching for .vob mods doesn't work, as many people have found out. Pretty much the only way to get them is if you know the creators.
There are several websites that have different sorts of .vob edits, such as the RB4 without the wing (Which IMO is quite tasteful) and the XRT(R) thing that gives the XRT huge exhausts and the XRR wing.

Although I've never (and never will) use(d) them first hand, there are plently of publically availible ones about
This thread is closed

.vob files help plz!!
(20 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG