The online racing simulator
Can we have support for iVibe vibration seat?
I have a vibration feedback seat (http://www.ivibe.com)
and according to the owner/designer Craig (mailto:[email protected]), adding native iVibe support to a sim is only about 2 hours of work. Are the developers of LFS interested in spending 2 hours to add this to LFS?

Craig is wiling to help and provide all the details to add iVibe support to LFS.

The iVibe seat adds incredible immersion to a racing sim.
Thanks.
#2 - richy
haha at last a way to get the girlfriend to play race sims.

that looks like a G suit, impressive. i can see some guys building F1 cars in their bedrooms now.
#3 - filur
Collect some more information and get one of the guys from the programmer section to do some outsim'ing
The iVibe seat is really impressive. It has native support for GPL and you have a G-force feel when you accelerate, brake and turn (for ex, throw you to the left when making right turn and vice versa) and also feel every bumpy section.

Craig is eager to provide assistance to add native support to any sim and he said it'll be only a couple of hours of work for SIM developer.

I'm new to LFS, are the LFS developers reading these forums too?
Thanks.
Yes they do read it!

But perhaps they already have added all the native support you need... LFS outputs some car behaviour to a system called OutSim, and it's possible to read this data in real time and use it with a motion platform. Both Cyberseat and ForceDynamics use this system and the results are very impressive. It also means that the devs don't have to add native support for every new system, and can concentrate on making the in-game physics and features better and better.

I'm not sure exactly where you find out about OutSim, as I have no need of it, but the information IS available and apparently not that hard to use.

I'd be surprised if that cushion could simulate G's very effectively, rather than just wriggle your bum a bit, but if it adds immersion at a reasonable cost then it's all good!
Will there a full support for this toy in the next patch?
Can people read people's posts???

Read what tristan said. No need to add anything to the game. You just have to find out how to get data from outsim and convert it to useable data for this cushion. That's all.
#9 - filur
Quote from from that link :access to some variables like engine RPM, speed, gear, g forces

Correct me if I'm wrong but OutSim gives you all that ... or is it OutGauge ?
Outsim can do most, and I think Outgauge can do what outsim cannot. So split between both of them, you could get enough information.

I just made a post in that thread, quoting the Outsim and Outgauge sections of the LFS doc's. Maybe that will help them.

Also Filur, the 301 may be simpler because it simply interprets the X and Y from the car, whereas the iVibe seems to have to translate it and use more sorts of values to be accurate.
I already offered to do it in exchange for a free seat but no reply.
Quote from Becky Rose :I already offered to do it in exchange for a free seat but no reply.

lol thats a bit cheeky seen as it costs $240.
My programming services are usually a lot more expensive than that...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG