The online racing simulator
Help me choose my free gift
(42 posts, started )

Poll : Wii or PSP

Wii
PSP
My phone contract is up for renewal, and I have the choice of one of two free gifts, and I can't decide.

I can either get a Sony PSP, or a Wii with Wii fit.

Any thoughts?
#2 - BAMBO
I'd be in a dilemma myself, but I think I would choose the PSP
#3 - Bean0
It's got to be a Wii.
Yeah, the missus fancies the Wii, but that'd mean ANOTHER games console under the bloody TV!!!!
#5 - Bean0
Quote from danowat :Yeah, the missus fancies the Wii, but that'd mean ANOTHER games console under the bloody TV!!!!

People used to have a stack of Hi-Fi separates

If you need entertaining on the bus or something get the PSP, but the Wii will provide great drunken fun with mates.
Get the PSP and sell it to your daughter...

(seriously, i'd get the PSP)
Or even better advice - NEITHER OF THEM!...hunt around for a better deal with another company. Remember the golden rule, in business, there is no such thing as a free lunch!
You might be getting a "free" console, but you will be paying for it twice over by the time your contract is up. Example..my contract: 300 mins x-network, 500 texts, unlimited evening and weekend interweb access, decent phone (HTC Touch), FREE calls to Mrs B and Emmy (unlimited, anytime!) because I have their phones on the same contract..(Mrs B also £10 p/m and Emmy @ £20, cos she needed unlimited texts and 800 minutes - being a teenager!)....my own contract/deal is all for £15.00 per month. It should have only been £10, but I opted for the interweb option.

In short, I am paying £50 p/m for THREE phones with more than enough extras so that I never have to pay any extra call charges.
I did, I hunted and hunted, and the best deal I found was this one, £25 a month, Nokia 5800 for free, Unlimited texts, 500 mins a month, 18 month contract, and a choice of Wii or PSP.
I'd be thinking resale value and probably go with the Wii
New PSP mate.. Wii's are actually very over-rated and quite annoying.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :New PSP mate.. Wii's are actually very over-rated and quite annoying.

But that's where all the fun comes from. Doing undignified, out of context hand gestures to turn a bloody wheel or something

But I would go for the PSP as well.
Get the Wii, greatest laugh in I've had in gamming for a long while was playing Mario tennis after a long night in the local before hand.

Word of warning, playing doubles gets rather crowded, but fun if you play mixed doubles
Quote from S14 DRIFT :New PSP mate.. Wii's are actually very over-rated and quite annoying.

So are PSPs. I would go for the Wii. I got a PSP and never use it anyway. Boring. Atleast Wii's are good fun for a little while. Besides that Wii Fit does look like a laugh.
I'd go for the PSP. Wiis are great at someone elses house, but the games are too dull and repetative to be fun in your own home, and the controller sucks ass with it's terrible range, slow response and awful tracking.

Wii2 might be the one to buy, when they sort out all the rubbishness of the Wii. I spent ages wanting a Wii, and I'm glad I waited to try one at a friends before choosing whether to bother.
I'd go for the Wii. Two Reasons: I dislike Handhelds, as the games feel even shallower than most normal console games.
And the Wii has just so much appeal to non-gamers that you can get it out at a party. You ought to have 4 controllers with nunchucks though (60€ each here). My game recommendations:

Wii Sports (d'uh, should be bundled with the console)
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Mario Party 8
Mario Kart
Only get a psp if you know of a time when you will use it, like on the train every day or something. Otherwise it will become a brief distraction which found its way to the bottom of a drawer. Mine did.
Wii would probably sell for more money.
I'd rather get a wii, the concept is funny, games are a laugh (especially that rabbids thing, laughed so hard when I saw it for the first time!)
Also the wii is for everyone, psp is just a blown up gameboy for keeping teenagers away from any work, be it in the house or at school.

greetz

der butz
Wii. PSP gets boring really fast
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd go for the PSP. Wiis are great at someone elses house, but the games are too dull and repetative to be fun in your own home, and the controller sucks ass with it's terrible range, slow response and awful tracking.

Exactly! A Wii is the kind of console you'd buy for someone else, but never for yourself.
#20 - Jakg
Wii - but i'd look for a cheaper / cashback contract tbh.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Exactly! A Wii is the kind of console you'd buy for someone else, but never for yourself.

How untrue. I bought myself a Wii quite a long time ago. It's good fun. Still use it occasionally. Some games for it are very good. I would much rather get rid of my PSP than my Wii.

The point is, it doesn't matter how good either are, the Wii is the best one to have if you are getting it for free. Far more fun than a PSP and it has a much higher value, so if you are getting it for free it seems like the obvious choice.
#22 - Jakg
Don't like a Wii? Sell it, buy a PSP, some games and a pint or two.

Simple :P
The only games that work on Wii are the "Wii Sports" one. Everything else fails because of the ponderous tracking and PS2 rivaling graphics.

PSP's are gadgets, you can take them with you on the train, the bus, etc. IIRC you can use them as MP3 players, everything you can't do on a Wii.

Besides, it's free for a reason - Choose what you want, rather than what is more expensive since they pay a neglible difference between the two.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The only games that work on Wii are the "Wii Sports" one. Everything else fails because of the ponderous tracking and PS2 rivaling graphics.

PSP's are gadgets, you can take them with you on the train, the bus, etc. IIRC you can use them as MP3 players, everything you can't do on a Wii.

Besides, it's free for a reason - Choose what you want, rather than what is more expensive since they pay a neglible difference between the two.

Well then do what JakG said. Get the one that is worth more and sell it, then get a PSP and still have money left over.

There is far more than just wii sports. Plenty of other games that are good fun and worth buying it for. You say it has PS2 rivalling graphics as a down side, well PSP graphics are worse, and if you knew what the Wii is about, you wouldn't give a toss about the graphics because its all about fun factor.
Wii every time. I don't see a market for handheld gaming any more, it just isn't special.

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG