The online racing simulator

Poll : Logitech G25 or Fanatec 911 Turbo

Logitech G25
Fanatec 911 Turbo
#1 - Grale
Poll: Logitech G25 or Fanatec 911 Turbo
I have the opportunity to buy both, and if money wasn't a issue which one would you buy?

G25 or 911
honestly i havent used the g25, (i have the 911) and all i hear is people rave about the g25, honestly, im not a hardcore gamer and i bought the 911 with the rennsport wheel stand and i regret spending $480 on this system, i wish i went the cheaper route and got the g25, its about $130 cheaper and honestly its probably just as good, it doesnt vibrate and the shifter sucks but you can modifty the shifter now.

anyways i would go G25 if i had to do it over, soley based on price, and the love for which everyone has for it.

plus my 911, is the worst table mounted wheel ever, it moves all over the place (hence the rennsport wheelstand) and the buttons shake so much, with full vibration, the buttons clatter and it sounds like they cost 2 cents to make....

hope this helps.
#3 - STF
if money wasn`t an issue, i think the 911 GT3 RS wheel would be a dream.
i wonder if the force feedback brake is going to work THAT well..
or, if money really REALLY isn`t an issue, i`d go with frex..
still, money wasnt an issue for me, until after i bought the wheel, i go to school full time and work 50hrs a week so i play on my 911 wheel from like 930pm to about 12am, maybe 2-3 days a week which isnt enough to appreicate, the $480 i just dropped on this setup, i dont really think the g25 can be that much worse.
looking at all the "g25 is TEH wheel" posts I'd say take that one. On the other hand: Go look in this forum sub section. It's packed with threads about G25's problems. It even seems near impossible to get this thing going in the first place.

Wenn schon Scheiße, dann mit Schwung!

I'd take the 911, period.

greetz

der butz
#6 - Grale
Is there anyone who has had use of both wheels?

i must admit the reliablity of the g25 is a little worrying, but then it seems there are not a lot of 911 owners, so maybe they have issues too! the wireless is what is really attracting me to the fanatec, i have to move the wheel on and off everytime i want to race, so wireless is a big + for me
Quote from Grale :Is there anyone who has had use of both wheels?

i must admit the reliablity of the g25 is a little worrying, but then it seems there are not a lot of 911 owners, so maybe they have issues too! the wireless is what is really attracting me to the fanatec, i have to move the wheel on and off everytime i want to race, so wireless is a big + for me

It's useless cause the power cable is NOT wireless
#8 - Byku
I've got G25 for half a year already without any problems and I'm happy with it .
having a almost 100% wireless wheel works great!!!!!!!!!! i have it hooked to my desk, and literally flip the clamps, and unplug the power cord and in less than 10 seconds, the wheel is away with no mess.

its great only having one cord.
G25 is probably the better all round package.
people who's owned both seem to like the porsche wheel. i hear g25 owners complain about a deadzone and notchyness, and the porsche doesnt have those problems. who here owns both wheels and isnt just voting for the one they own?

it looks like the g25 pedals may be better. if you tighten the porsche wheel properly, it shouldnt come off the desk.
Quote from der butz :On the other hand: Go look in this forum sub section. It's packed with threads about G25's problems. It even seems near impossible to get this thing going in the first place.

thats just because they are total noobs that dont know anything, i set it up without a problem
Quote from G!NhO :thats just because they are total noobs that dont know anything, i set it up without a problem

+1,
There are indeed a lot of threads about G25 "problems", but if actually would open them you'll see its mostly tipical and silly mistakes of the users themselves.
I must say, I bought the G25 the day it came out and have had not a single problem with it yet. No difficulties with its setup and no problems with reliability, so I can recommend it thoroughly.

It only makes some weird noises sometimes, but I guess that's due to the FFB and doesn't affect functionality ... btw., any experiences here with the issue "noise" behind the Porsche wheel?
What do you guys think a reasonable price is for a used 911, it is in very good condition and only 5 months old.

309 euros new and not available until june!
Quote from Grale :What do you guys think a reasonable price is for a used 911, it is in very good condition and only 5 months old.

Be careful, it might be a Beta test wheel, which loses quite a bit against Retail version.
he says you need to use the later firmware.. but is there any other way to tell if it's a beta model?

He's talking in the region of £230
I'd go with a newer Fanatec wheel, as their belt drive seems superior in noise, smoothness, and probably reliability. When you take the g25 apart, you realize how much low quality parts are used.
^ but this would mean me waiting until June before i get a wheel!!

He says the wheel is only 5 months old, is that still the old version?
Quote from Grale :^ but this would mean me waiting until June before i get a wheel!!

He says the wheel is only 5 months old, is that still the old version?

GO for G25 and don't bother then... Both wheels have their advantages and disadvantages, but if you put everything together they are quite equal.
You have to keep in mind people generally vote with what they have regardless if they tried the other product and not... this poll is as much do you have a 911 Turbo or a G25 poll .

G25 is not bad I was quite happy with it since it was better then what I used before .
Quote from oqvist :You have to keep in mind people generally vote with what they have regardless if they tried the other product and not... this poll is as much do you have a 911 Turbo or a G25 poll .

Your absolutely right, and this poll was flawed because of it. but i was hoping there were more people that had owned or tried both!

I'll know which one i go for at the weekend

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG