The online racing simulator
[Request] Full-Screen Race Results
Hi!

If someone could take this project on I would appreciate it most gratefully.

I help to organise an LFS League (the iTCC) - it runs every month, and every month we broadcast the races from each round. This runs really well and the broadcasts are of very good quality. But we'd like to do one more thing.

After the race has ended, LFS gives the race results in a small box in the top-right of the screen. This is too small for broadcast purposes. What I'd like someone to code, if this is possible, is a full-screen implementation of the race results.

To avoid over-crowding of the screen I'd like to have positions 1-12 on one page (callable by $page1 or something, closed by $close), positions 13-24 on the next ($page2), and positions 25-32 on the last page ($page3).

The format of the screen would be:

<Whatever the Race Series is called>

1. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
2. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
3. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
4. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
5. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
6. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
7. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
8. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
9. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
10. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
11. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty
12. Player Name Car Laps Time Penalty

I think it would probably look neatest with each 'cell' of the table displayed in a button? (I think that's the right word).

If the bottom 1/10 on the screen were left clear, this would also be good as this is where advertising scroll-bars run in the broadcast.

The reason no buttons for closing the windows are needed is that in the broadcast, I would have the commands ($page1,$page2, $close, etc) mapped to the keyboard so the viewer does not the GUI side of things. Instead all they see is the results displayed on the full height and width of the screen.

One last thiing, if I call $page1 then $page2, it would be good if the program first cleared the screen before displaying $page2, as obviously we would get 2 pages on top of each other

Thank you for considering my request.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney

P.S. I did (briefly) look at InSim and if I could learn C or C# but I think that will be a long-term goal once the iTCC season has finished - right now it's too complex for me to take in Hats off to you programming guys Thanks again!
Until someone can supply what you want, can't you do a "still" or pause at end of race or where/when ever you want to do table, then overlay a table from another program?

Bit like real broadcasters do?
Quote from sinanju :Until someone can supply what you want, can't you do a "still" or pause at end of race or where/when ever you want to do table, then overlay a table from another program?

Bit like real broadcasters do?

Yeah that would be great but Flash Media Encoder doesn't allow for that. I will look into broadcasting software though to deliver this before encoding. Thanks for your thoughts!
Basically FOM overlays ...
I could probably knock up a Python script that did this for you. It would be nothing fancy, just a case of saving the result packets in a list and then buttoning them to the screen on cue to certain commands. I'll have a bash at it tomorrow.
Don't worry about it Dark, I've already put it in the league program I was contracted to do for them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG