The online racing simulator
recomend me a graphic adventure
(24 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
my favourit so far grim fandango
Lemmings has to be one of the best out there... make your own graphics up as you go along.
By graphic adventure, do you by any chance mean a pop-up book? In any case, the Where's Waldo series has been captivating audiences for twenty years.
Vintage counts too?

If so, Simon the Sorcerer.
The Monkey Island series...

Look behind you... a three headed monkey
Day of the tentacle, ZacMcKraken (or however you write em)
For modern ones, the new Sam & Max games, or the HomeStarRunner games, all of which can be bought from Steam.
I saw a couple of adverts for Sam and Max (the dog and the bunny thing right?) back in 2004/2005 issues of PC Gamer, what happened to those?
Well it's lerts, when do we understand him.

(Ty for link )
Whats the difference between a "graphic adventure", and an RPG?
I'd say a Graphic Adventure was more about character interaction and story and less about stats and levelling up, although technically, they're both Role Playing Games.
Furry muff, I have been having a lot of fun with Mass Effect lately, but thats an RPG
The Dig.
Isn't games like monkey Island a point and click game?
Edit : Blah, I am no good at determind what cathegory a game is :/
King's Quest. Any of them, but particularly after 4.
Download ScummVM, which is an emulator that runs all the old LucasArts Graphic Adventures. There's even a version for the iPod Touch and iPhone.
The first lands of lore was a good graphic adventure, it has some RPG elements but its a damn good adventure/combat game.

just look for a copy of Lands of lore: throne of chaos. You need a dos emulator to play it.

There's also Shadow Caster, thats sort of the same as LoL:ToC, but it doesn't have the RPG element to it. I only played it a bit but its also a Dos one and is very good.

They don't make these kinds of games anymore, and its very unfortunate, because these are some of the best games I played when I was younger.
Quote from DragonCommando :They don't make these kinds of games anymore, and its very unfortunate, because these are some of the best games I played when I was younger.

That's not entirely true. They are made every so often, but not for the mainstream. But then the Sam & Max series is doing well (point-and-click) and I have a DS game that is a sort of first-person thing that's like Doom-meets RPG. I'll post the name if I ever remember it
"Myst" is always worth a try...has a very dedicated following...
"Another World" 'could' be categorized as an adventure game, although more action based, but still fun.."Fahrenheit" was good apart from the fight sequences...got a bit confusing..
Graphical adventure games are an evolution of text-based adventure games. They typically have simple point and click interfaces and come from a time when, as Yahztee of Zero Punctuation fame puts it, "you could have good gameplay or a good story, but not both." Gameplay in adventure games typically revolves around puzzles or simple key finding.

Myst was one of my first PC games and it was the only one my whole family played together. I was about 9 or 10 years old and I ended up beating it one day by myself with some help from my dad. I think I was sick that day and he just happened to be home.

High recommendations

The Monkey Island series
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max (original)

Recommended (slightly less so)

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Space Quest series
Errr..... heaps more- but I gotta go to the market now

One of the best Adventure Games sites around
http://www.adventuregamers.com/
It's not quite a graphical adventure, in the old sense, but the game Fahrenheit I felt was a logical extension of old-style pont and click. It's well made, nicely innovative, and has a pretty solid, if far-fetched story. I really enjoyed it a few years back.
Fahrenheit got great atmosphere especially in the first half, feels very much like a good movie, but subsequently the story ups the paces and take an awkward development. All in all I liked it anyway.

I should really check if the guy behind it did something else

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG