The online racing simulator
Recommend me a book (C++)
(4 posts, started )
Hi,

At the moment I am following IT classes. Everything is fine, my grades are well above average and so far I never failed an exam.
So I decided to learn another programming language next to Java, which they teach me in school. I was thinking about learning C++. I already know a little about C++, because I once read a book about programming C++. This book though didn't really go into a lot of detail and it is quite old (over 15 years actually) and does not yet cover things like strings and namespaces.
I know that you have to do a lot of programming to learn a language, but I would like to read some decent literature too. And I don't like to read a book of the screen (i.e. the internet, e books and stuff). Also it would be nice if the book provides (lot's of) decent exercises to play around with.
I hope some of you know some quality books about C++ out there, which I can buy and study to improve my limited C++ skills. The books may be written in either Dutch or English.
Thanks in advance,

Dunmer

PS. I know you can use Google to find books and reviews, but a lot of those reviews are of a poor quality or focus on totally inexperienced programmers and I would like to read a book that explains C++ in depth.

In off topic, because I don't think it fits in the programmers section.
Thinking in C++ (available online or printed) is a good book to read and get your head around - quite helpful for those starting out
#3 - herki

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG