The online racing simulator

Poll : Most likely 'mechanical' improvements within 2 patches?

Better damage model (detachable wings/parts)
Multilink Suspensions
Coolant temperature/engine wear
More realistic turbo simulation
Improved longitudinal traction curve
Improved Dampers (Fast/Slow)
Progressive Springs
Other (please post your forecast)
More like © 2003-2030..

It'll come eventually. I'm sure it's more complicated than we all assume, but I'd rather them say "Look it'll be "at least 2 years before S3 is out" or something rather than absolute nothing.. meh.
Quote from Byku :Double wishbones in LFS are working in 3d environment, Scawen said so long time ago(when introducing progress to S2), they are only shown in 2d to make it more... umm... clear for a simple user .

Can you please link the post where Scawen has said that? or otherwise give me a pointer to dig it up?

All the posts I've found have been written long after S2 was first released, and all confirm that LFS works with an internal 2D representation.

Quote from Fuse5 :Yet another topic on what we want to see in LFS.

Nope, this topic is about what we think LFS may have in store for us in the next future - Why be so negative anyway? You sound like LFS has only given you disappointments
#28 - Byku
Quote from NightShift :Can you please link the post where Scawen has said that? or otherwise give me a pointer to dig it up?

http://www.lfs.net/?page=s2progress
"Currently i'm able to create two kinds of suspension and animate them in 3d (but i can't drive yet, there's a way to go before i can do that). The movement is visible in a 2-dimensional diagram which is useful as a debugging tool and something similar will probably be available in the setup screen, with certain components being adjustable while others are not."

If I understand correctly, suspension in LFS is simulated in 3d environment .

Btw. I kinda miss those "progress reports" ^^.
/me wants MRT-6 !
#30 - 5haz
Cars and barriers that aren't filled with Nitroglycerine is what I'm hoping for.
Other (please post your forecast)

None.

Scirocco will be postponed further, the fixes and changes released in test patches so far will make the 0.6A version.

0.6B will be all about fixing whatever Windows 7 compatibility issues there might be.

0.6C brings a few changes to the wood inserts on FZR interior, FXO wheels get updated. The real Scirocco gets a facelift and is updated for the internal Volkswagen version and shown on Chinese Auto Salon (the biggest automotive exhibition of the world, other highlights of the CAS 2011 will be the new PjongJang Colvette ZL-2 and the ToyotaFord Prius World Rally Car).

0.6D, mid 2012. New track is introduced; a concrete covered indoor karting area, where people can make autocross layouts. Area will not be big enough for any of the cars in LFS lineup. It doesn't matter, because none of the cars would be able to accelerate because of the low speed grip issue.

0.6E, LFS graphics engine is rewritten for DirectX 9. New packets per second rate is introduced: 8 pps.

But after that, who knows what will happen!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG