The online racing simulator
Setup names
(28 posts, started )
Setup names
I'm wondering about car setup names in LFS. And i would like to know what type of setup name you prefer and use better.

Examples:

fxo_SO5_Qual
or
fxo_SO_Town_Qual

Don't mind the ''fxo_''. I would like to know setup name in LFS garage.
I can't remember numbers to tracknames.

I think fxo_SO5_Town_Qual is the best though.
I agree with BlakjeKaas. FXO_S05_Town_Qual is the way I name most of my setups.
I use XFG_SO5_qualie/person who sent me it.

Good ol' cheat sheet with the short names printed out

I just wish the devs would add an option to only be given the short or long names, not a mix of the both.
All of my sets are named Fern, FE, fernie, kelvin, kelvin1, kelvin2, blackwood99, john etc etc.

Never know which is which.........
lol i recently named a set fxr gt2 and forgot to change it lol

generally put info like track, person, and if its gt2 etc
#7 - AMB
Normally like this

FZR_BL1 Q
FZR_BL1 SR
FZR_BL1 LR

LR = Long Race
SR = Short race (usually around 10 laps)
Q = pretty self explanatory but it means qualify.

or if it's a league set then

FZR_BL1 IGTC Q

and so on.
XFR_ky2r Z name

So I use trackcode, lfs version (helpfull after physic updates) and a name (either Qual and Race for final sets and v0-X while doing sets)

I'm german...
#9 - J@tko
FXR_BL GP for example as a base, then things like

FXR_BL GP R
FXR_BL GP Q

FXR_BL GP GT2 R

e.t.c
Quote from J@tko :FXR_BL GP for example as a base, then things like

FXR_BL GP R
FXR_BL GP Q

FXR_BL GP GT2 R

e.t.c

Pretty much same
Some of mine are called "asdouhasdofuh" and the occasional "pile of ****". I only name a setup accurately 60% of the time.
mine are just with the standard names from setupgrid
Oooh and don't forget my FZ5_REVERSE set

I can get 50 second laps on the oval going backwards

Just need a push to get going though
lol i also have an LX6 reverse setup ^^

its called LX6_GHOSTRIDER BW (BW like backwards )
Mine are just car_oval (For the bl carpark layouts, locked diff, lots of camber on passenger side as i only need to turn right, lower tyre pressures, really short gear ratios etc..)

car_persons name oval (If im struggling for whatever reason some of the faster guys have kindly sent their set to me, usually better than my setups.)

car_fig 8 (for the figure 8 layouts that are sometimes used in the bangers, so i need to have both front wheels cambered the same and the tyre pressures the same on both sides of the car so i can go left as well as right.)

car_joke (when someone has sent me a 'good' set, when in fact its a joke one which causes my car to tip over every time i steer.)

car_offroad (Massive ground clearance, locked diff, shortest possible gear ratios, knobbly tyres, for the <OM> server.)

Other ones are just car_track, so something like XFG_blackwood, XRT_fernbay, etc..

I don't really do that much on the proper tracks as im on the banger server layouts alot of the time so they are the main setups i really worry about. Plus doing the bangers so much on LFS, i have been known to occasionally have a concentration lapse on a proper race server and have found myself lining up a car in front for a fine hit, until i remember all of a sudden, oh shi... this isnt bangers, Locking up/swerving to avoid aforementioned car and going in the gravel or a wall!

Luckily i havent actually hit anyone like that yet, so i tend to stay off the race servers just in case.
For cars I know well (namely XFG, LX4/6) I'll just have one general setup I use and that's normally called "General Race" or something. For the cars I'm not quite so familiar with (such as the GTR's and TBO's etc) I'll have it just called "track" or something. I tend not to have too many different setups for the same track (like qualify/race or whatever) as I prefer to learn the car with the setup that feels right for me, rather than faffing about with 900 setups. If I need to qualify/race setup a car with slicks I'll just test out the tyre wear and use R2/3/4 whatever accordingly.
Since I like to jack up settings adjusting them......

I use versioning.

Example:

AS2R A1
AS2R A2
AS2R A3 etc.....

If i put a down a pb then:

AS2R A3 xxxx

If i go a completely new direction with totally new spring rate or other dramatic changes:

AS2R B1

and so on.

Jay Odom

**Edit - 200th Post....
Quote from jbirdaspec :Since I like to jack up settings adjusting them......
I use versioning.

Example:
AS2R A1
AS2R A2
AS2R A3 etc.....

If i put a down a pb then:
AS2R A3 XX:XX:XX

If i go a completely new direction with totally new spring rate or other dramatic changes:
AS2R B1

and so on.

+1. I do exactly the same thing. And when someone send me a setup I save it as "track_personname laptime".

But unfortunately I'm not always organized, and sometimes I save setups like "asdf", "zzzz" and so on
This happens much more often on replays though I usually save the replay almost when the race is restarting so I need to quickly write anything otherwise I'll lose the replay
do use short name´s to in my saves
but i drift more than races tho so..

but the namnes looks like XRT_DRF_person (pointset, twinset, H-Ctrl etc)
H-ctrl means= Hottyres control
Quote from danowat :All of my sets are named Fern, FE, fernie, kelvin, kelvin1, kelvin2, blackwood99, john etc etc.

Never know which is which.........

Same here, although now I try to include the track code and sender.
Quote from Bean0 :Same here, although now I try to include the track code and sender.

That's three then. Mine are always named beano, eise, lars, bono, troy or something random .Sometimes I put SO, FE or AS in the end, but usually have no idea what is what.
I use a scheme like xrr_R AS His&Gp, and extend these names if I need to, normally till i run ot of space (R AutoX Ramp Fig8 RT Long....)

And I need to remember all my shortcuts, RT -> Rally Tires, R -> Race ,D -> Drift, RX -> RallyX etc
CAR_TRAN_person who sent me

Im just using the normal setupfield format, and mostly setups from there anyway.
FXR_FE6h V.1
FXR_FE6h V.2
FXR_FE6h V.3

and so on when making sets :P
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Some of mine are called "asdouhasdofuh" and the occasional "pile of ****". I only name a setup accurately 60% of the time.

same
usually its full of names like
fxr_qualalalalalalalal
and fbm_mumumumumum

then at the day of the race i forget which is the right one..

Setup names
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG