The online racing simulator
The General NFL Discussion Thread
(106 posts, started )
Mon the Patriots

Can't wait for the Wembley game, you will be seeing me on tv running on the pitch like an idiot but really this should be a great game and i wouldn't of mind if my team wasn't playing but as the patriots are playing just makes it a massive bonus
Quote from bunder9999 :isn't lacrosse a girls game?

Only for butch girls. Haha

Lacrosse is hardcore. Only sport I know of where you are not only allowed to beat people with sticks, you're supposed and encouraged to. Hell yea!
I'm all about my Lions...

Sure they're terrible, but I've watched most of their games since I was a small child, and I'm not about to stop now. I may have to endure painful loss after painful loss, but no one will ever be able to accuse me of jumping on the bandwagon when they get good. (or at least have a winning season...)

I love them even more for drafting my hero, Calvin Johnson a while ago. Matthew Stafford, though... well, I have to say he's done pretty well for himself despite his bad breeding.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I'm all about my Lions...

Sure they're terrible, but I've watched most of their games since I was a small child, and I'm not about to stop now. I may have to endure painful loss after painful loss,...

I'm a Leafs fan, I know just how you feel.
Love (box.. field sucks!) lacrosse so much... It's brutal enough to be fun while still staying sane (The rules are a bit more involved than "DO ANYTHING!"... but only barely).

Hockey... I don't much like it, but I'm a skilled official in it, so I'm forced to stay involved.

Football.. BORING!

Baseball ... BORING!!!

Soccer... Semi-entertaining in videogames, but otherwise boring.

Basketball... Slightly almost not boring... but still boring!.

Have I offended everyone enough yet... :hide:
Quote from MAGGOT :Only for butch girls. Haha

Lacrosse is hardcore. Only sport I know of where you are not only allowed to beat people with sticks, you're supposed and encouraged to. Hell yea!

Ahh ok i guess you have never heard of shinty. Well its mental. You get sticks and go for people shins while going for a ball to score into a net. You go for the shins on purpose. Here is a video of it notice the lack of body armour on the guys, and the people that were helmets.....they are sissy's
Quote from 1993weeman :Ahh ok i guess you have never heard of shinty. Well its mental. You get sticks and go for people shins while going for a ball to score into a net. You go for the shins on purpose. Here is a video of it notice the lack of body armour on the guys, and the people that were helmets.....they are sissy's

Ah, field hockey. That's a girl's sport over here, mostly :P It is pretty mental, too, though.
Quote from MAGGOT :Ah, field hockey. That's a girl's sport over here, mostly :P It is pretty mental, too, though.

Its mental here in Scotland. Its a sport i probably couldn't play
[OT] Keith you do know you spelt Emmanuel wrong in your sig? [/OT]

(And Adebayor for that matter :P)
Quote from MAGGOT :There's an old (well, not THAT old) saying in Canada that goes something along the lines of "Only an American would need a blue light to see a black puck on white ice!" (In reference to an All-Star game several years ago in which the puck had a transmitter built into it so that it would glow on the TV telecast)

That was absolutely HORRIBLE! I couldn't follow the game at all with that stupid blue streak flying all over the ice. I thought it was just some stupid thing that FOX (I think it was FOX) did back then as they continued it on their televised games after the playoffs also. Didn't realize you folks from Canadia saw it as well.

Oh, and the Penguins are undefeated so far, hehehe
I believe it was FOX that also had the incredibly stupid graphical representation of aero effects during NASCAR races. Compared to that, Digger is a GREAT idea.
IMO, it should be the sport first, stats second.
Quote from J@tko :[OT] Keith you do know you spelt Emmanuel wrong in your sig? [/OT]

(And Adebayor for that matter :P)

Yes ok i am a fool
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm a Leafs fan, I know just how you feel.

they'll make the playoffs this year, and then fail in round one.
Quote from bunder9999 :they'll make the playoffs this year, and then fail in round one.

You're more optimistic than I am!

^ Flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct AND a late hit IMO
Quote from DieKolkrabe :^ Flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct AND a late hit IMO

I don't see why he would be... I can't see it but I'm assuming that Roy Williams was jumping for a ball at the beginning of the gif. In which case that is a good, clean hit.
Hockey... That's a clean hit as the checker was within an arm + stick length to the person who last had the ball.

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I don't see why he would be... I can't see it but I'm assuming that Roy Williams was jumping for a ball at the beginning of the gif. In which case that is a good, clean hit.

Mkay

I'd still rule that pass interference, if my NCAA/Madden skills are anything to go by (11-0 NCAA dynasty so far....1-1 Madden franchise), but it's a close call.

Also the pass is wayy over/underthrown

EDIT: Probably Snead throwing that pass, judging by the past few games he's had

Edit: Dustin. Define cross checking. I got told it's semi-legal in lacrosse
Don't ask Dustin, hockey is played with a puck, not a ball. He refs 9 year old girls....

Cross check is basically like giving a 2 handed shove when you have your stick in both of your hands. You can shoulder check, hip check, I guess butt check, but don't shove a guy down or into the boards with your stick in your hands.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Mkay

I'd still rule that pass interference, if my NCAA/Madden skills are anything to go by (11-0 NCAA dynasty so far....1-1 Madden franchise), but it's a close call.

It's not pass interference if he gets there at the same time as/after the ball.
Scott, Box Lacrosse cross checking is the only legal check (bodychecking is borderline), Slashing is legal so long as it's only on the stick, but technically any body shots = penalty.

Mike, I got allowed to ref the 12 yearold girls this year! MOVING UP YEAH!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Mkay

EDIT: Probably Snead throwing that pass, judging by the past few games he's had

Edit: Dustin. Define cross checking. I got told it's semi-legal in lacrosse

It's not pass interference. It can only be pass interference when the person trying to catch the ball has a chance of accomplishing that task and was brutally denied that accomplishment by the person doing the interfering.

This can never be pass interference as he gives up the ball well before the hit.

The General NFL Discussion Thread
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG