The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :no, it's not meant to ken only, it's for allll of yoooo, everyone's too close
look at the distance between cars here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRMbl_gfSFo

That's because they are all professional drivers who know to bunch up right before the start.

In the front of the pack there were nearly(Ken ) no problems with people being to close.
I personally don't like seeing the field bunched as much as this test race. Decrease speed, bunch the field, and slowly accelerate to the line. There is no sense in slowing down multiple times, and you should never go below 40 to 45 MPH. All in all, it wasn't that bad though. It's not like we're in GTRs...
Quote from BigTime :I personally don't like seeing the field bunched as much as this test race. Decrease speed, bunch the field, and slowly accelerate to the line. There is no sense in slowing down multiple times, and you should never go below 40 to 45 MPH. All in all, it wasn't that bad though. It's not like we're in GTRs...

meh, this is like problem since ever in leagues, SC periods are always full of problems that it led to total ban of warming up the tires and all because ppl are too close to each other. It's time once for ever to understand what the problem is and to solve it, isn't it? you dont have to be professional driver to do that, you just need common sense
Quote from BigTime :I personally don't like seeing the field bunched as much as this test race. Decrease speed, bunch the field, and slowly accelerate to the line. There is no sense in slowing down multiple times, and you should never go below 40 to 45 MPH. All in all, it wasn't that bad though. It's not like we're in GTRs...

I disagree unless everyone is wide awake because this happened mid pack after every restart. Someone spins, we avoid it, but some knuclehead can't keep control after avoiding and causes the wreck.
1. You don't need to heat your tires, infact, for this combo it is a stupid thing to do.
2. Why is everyone so worried about restarts? It's a highspeed oval, just pass people using the draft. Why everyone is in such a hurry is beyond me.
The incident at approximately 14:30 in the official replay of the Race was investigated. It involved cars 22, 23, and 616.

Car 22 braked minimally, accelerating again when there was space in front of him, even if the cars ahead were braking, thus rear-ending car 23. This causes no major incident.

However, car 616 then approaches the field at around DOUBLE safety car speed, failing to slow the car down in time (despite having ample time and distance to do so), which causes an incident with cars ahead.

The following penalties were agreed upon by the review panel:

Car 22 - Warning for agressive/unsafe driving under safety car
Car 23 - No Penalty.
Car 616 - Monitoring Penalty: One additional session to attend (in addition to the two required) for failing to keep proper control of the car under the safety car, and causing an incident as a result.
The incident occuring starting at approximately 32:40 in the official race replay involving several cars was investigated.

The reviews indicate that Car 93 started the incident by contacting car 828 midway through Turn 1. Both cars got loose, and cars behind made contact and spun attempting to avoid. Further collisions were caused by lag or simply not enough time to react to a spinning car.

The incident is deemed a racing incident.

d
Car 99 was observed to have a general lack of car control, and have generally slow reactions to other cars or incidents on track. In addition, the driver tended to disobey some admin commands.

For the driving instances, Car 99 is being assigned a Monitoring Penalty, and we are requiring him to attend two extra sessions, one of which must be a free-practice session.

d
Race Results are now official. Everyone has received credit for attendance. The Signups Documents will be updated shortly to reflect this.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG