The online racing simulator
App Request - RPM Holder
(21 posts, started )
App Request - RPM Holder
Im in need of an App that can hold a cars RPM at an exact value upon request.

Ie, Holding the RPM at 3000 etc

Cheers
talking about cruise control?
same idea on that system
Nope.

I want to extract some sounds from the in-game sound mixer for use on other games.

I just need the program to hold the engines RPM's at 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000...and so on, need to be held at exactly 5000rpm constant to avoid looping and such
Quote from djgizmo68 :Nope.

I want to extract some sounds from the in-game sound mixer for use on other games.

I just need the program to hold the engines RPM's at 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000...and so on, need to be held at exactly 5000rpm constant to avoid looping and such

so basically a two-step rev limiter, I could use this as well as I mostly drag race, and it would be cool to add that touch of realism.
No, the app i want would be useless for racing and as such.

Example, it could be an In-Sim button system with a box, you insert RPM Value into the box, Example, 4350rpm, when in neutral, the program then holds the engine RPM at exactly 4350rpm.

So i can then capture the sound and avoid looping
#6 - Bean0
If the car(s) you want to record have a pit limiter, can you not work out the gearing to give you the revs you want when you are on the limiter ?
Quote from djgizmo68 :Im in need of an App that can hold a cars RPM at an exact value upon request.

Ie, Holding the RPM at 3000 etc

Cheers

You mean a rev limiter?
ohh... whats that name... the electronics (here software) hold that speed

1. rev limiter, you only need press gas
2. by software, you dont need press gas but your speed is not stable like rpm
Not a rev limiter, as it will bounce off the said value, i want to to be at at constant RPM so i can record the sound
its pretty much a cruise control system, that would be cool, shouldn't be too hard for a programmer, just press a button, and it sets the throttle to a specific bit, would take a bit of ****ing round to get it right but can't be that hard.

I think tweak has a bit where you can set the idle revs, set it to 5000, and that should be right ey??
1.st way: Idle RPMs to needed
2.nd way: Max RPM's to needed, full gas.
from the start i look´d like u were asking for a launch ctrl rpm holder..
but then i was wrong.. :P

just looking for to get the sound right at the specific rpm ?
Have you tried using pedals or a controller with analog sticks. that's what i do.
Problem with using pedals and such, you can still vary the RPM ever so slightly, by a nervous twitch or something, and thus creates a loop, and make the sounds awful.

Ive tried the Max Idle setting in Tweak, and it works fairly well! only problem is it cant seem to hold the RPM Value above 6000rpm, Example, if i set it to 800 (8000rpm) it starts at 8000rpm but drops to 6000rpm, regardless how high the value is above 600
What about using a controller without a return spring, either use a joystick with a throttle slider or take a servo out of your pedals/any old game controller and turn it manually to get the right amount of throttle for what you need? So long as the servo works and doesn't spike about (like old dodgy old ones tend to) then you should be able to hold revs constant at roughly the right figures, if you really need exact rpm values then you'll struggle with accuracy doing it this way (although the actual values should be irrelevant for sound samples).
im sure you could use PPjoy and/or dxtweak to get the result you need.
yeah but how many cars rev over 6000!
Quote from M0RFIUS :yeah but how many cars rev over 6000!

a lot of cars do right from factory
Why don't you just put gearing to run at 49mph at 3000rpm. It stays at a constant speed so meh.

Btw do you have permission from the devs to use their sounds in another game?
Honda B Series Limit at 8200 and above, which is my goal!

The sounds are for a sort of project of mine, getting a 1990 Civic in Racer, Got the Engine and torque physics sorted, but the sounds suck!
ahk, maybe make your own? Like.. however they made them for LFS.. hehe

And yeah just realised that 6k revs ain't that much

App Request - RPM Holder
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG