The online racing simulator
IGTC feeder discussion
(48 posts, closed, started )
IGTC feeder discussion
Quote from Dragonmen :2 in for Serbia, and 2 in for Poland.
I guess other two Serbian teams have really good chance to enter this series, but I could not say the same for other 3 teams from Poland

You're killing all the hope we have. Taking the lolly away from our starving eyes. Not

Anyway, has anyone ever considered creating a lower division of IGTC for some balance between team rotation and good level of the competition?
#2 - Gil07
Some kind of IGTC feeder series... Hmmm
Quote from Gil07 :Some kind of IGTC feeder series... Hmmm

TBO 3h races / NGT 3h races / LRF 3h races

#4 - Gil07
No, GTR 4h races

Or 3h if you must...
Quote from Dragonmen :I guess other two Serbian teams have really good chance to enter this series, but I could not say the same for other 3 teams from Poland

Do not talk about something wrong if you are not sure that .
i have a hope some other polish teams will do positive suprise here .
I think this is the first time IGTC has ever had enough entries to contemplate a feeder series, so I doubt it's ever been discussed before
It would been fun if it was like two divisjons like in football. The three/four "badest" drivers in the championship at the end of the season will be moved to the second divisjon, while the three/four best team in the second divisjon will be moved to the first divisjon. Just an idea :P
Hint : 2 servers , lapper, website .

Equals : All entrants can race .
Quote from Kirill.D :Hint : 2 servers , lapper, website .

Equals : All entrants can race .

headache!

2 series wont happen, not this year anyway.
Quote from Tomhah :It would been fun if it was like two divisjons like in football. The three/four "badest" drivers in the championship at the end of the season will be moved to the second divisjon, while the three/four best team in the second divisjon will be moved to the first divisjon. Just an idea :P

That's exactly what I'm talking about. But not the likes of GT2 class in the IGTC "B division", but equally powered cars. And a qualifying event only for the B division unless some teams withdraw. Remember this is not real life and it mostly takes only 'driving' abilities and some basic management skills to run a team more or less successfully. Therefore there's no budget restriction and more eligible teams can be found than in real life. That's why I think a multi-division IGTC is the future.
#11 - CSF
Quote from Gil07 :Some kind of IGTC feeder series... Hmmm

Now you think its a good idea?
Quote from Booschie :That's exactly what I'm talking about. But not the likes of GT2 class in the IGTC "B division", but equally powered cars. And a qualifying event only for the B division unless some teams withdraw. Remember this is not real life and it mostly takes only 'driving' abilities and some basic management skills to run a team more or less successfully. Therefore there's no budget restriction and more eligible teams can be found than in real life. That's why I think a multi-division IGTC is the future.

Or getting LFS to have 64 car grids - now that would be awesome (and possibly a bit trafficy around blackwood )
Quote from CSF :Now you think its a good idea?

No, not a good idea

But a possibilty... And never as a division B, that wouldn't work at all. 2 servers is out of question as well, because of safety cars etc. Just a completely separate series running the same combos, like LFS GT was to MoE before it died off... Anyone could organise it if they wanted, and with a bit of luck and organisating skill they might get support from the IGTC admin team...
@LFS IGTC feeder idea>
(might be a good read for teams that are new to endurance racing)

I can tell you how AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team went from, what we think is (was) a starting position for endurance racing - LFS GT, up to elite endurance league like MoE...

We started LFS GT somewhere in the middle of season 3 (2007/2008). Back then it was some kind of feeder series for MoE with 3h races and two classes (GT1: FZR, FXR, XRR and GT2: UFR, XFR). There was a spot in GT2 so we took it... We did a really good job there, 2 wins, one 2nd and one 4th place in 4 races, althought not a really impresive oponents, but hard enough for a endurance starters. Taking 3rd overall was a very good result, my personal opinion is that we could have won our class if we have raced all races.

We kind of liked endurance racing, we like the team spirit of it.
DWB came to final thread of LFS GT Season 3, and advertised MoE and IGTC... so we saw IGTC, also around half way of the season passed... Looked like obvious next step on the road to MoE. We have asked to join, and since we were very much unknown team back then, calling upon LFS GT result helped us to get this spot (ass I see it)...
So there we were in IGTC. We had two top10 results and then series of bad luck in last 3 races...

In all this process some new team members arrived, some of them already with endurance experience.

So basically we had a ticket for MoE.

And there we are in MoE GT2 class, taking podium in our first ever MoE race... and it was 12h race!

Also a good practice was 16h race, 3 classes on 4 servers, by racing minds.

When you look at it, we came into MoE (and now again into IGTC /with very hard season ahead of as all/), in a short time... but we worked for it.

And...

that's the story...
-
IGTC feeder (BenjiMC) DELETED by BenjiMC : temp post
watch out for end of february
Yes, I've been in discussions with Mr. Reetz and it looks as though we may have an official/semi-official IGTC/MoE feeder series in the near future. It's all still very much in discussion, but I think it could be a good opportunity for newer/unproven teams to prove themselves over an actual season of GTR enduro competition, before joining the big leagues.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yes, I've been in discussions with Mr. Reetz and it looks as though we may have an official/semi-official IGTC/MoE feeder series in the near future. It's all still very much in discussion, but I think it could be a good opportunity for newer/unproven teams to prove themselves over an actual season of GTR enduro competition, before joining the big leagues.

Though still rumour-ish, this is great news. Will there be an official test race for the feeder series? Seriously, please consider other popular measures such as:
  • Limit on the minimum number of laps done on league combos
  • Hotlap within some percentage of a WR
  • CTRA licenses
  • Pre-qualification sessions
Even though these rules might sound cruel, they are at least clear. I hope you guys find the time and staff for the new series. Good luck!
Quote from Booschie :Though still rumour-ish, this is great news. Will there be an official test race for the feeder series? Seriously, please consider other popular measures such as:
  • CTRA licenses
Even though these rules might sound cruel, they are at least clear. I hope you guys find the time and staff for the new series. Good luck!

CTRA = :thumbsdow
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yes, I've been in discussions with Mr. Reetz and it looks as though we may have an official/semi-official IGTC/MoE feeder series in the near future. It's all still very much in discussion, but I think it could be a good opportunity for newer/unproven teams to prove themselves over an actual season of GTR enduro competition, before joining the big leagues.

MoE is to be determined and for now to be excluded from this IGTC thread/discussion.
Pretty sure I used the conditional tense there, Apps. ;]
Quote from Booschie :Though still rumour-ish, this is great news. Will there be an official test race for the feeder series? Seriously, please consider other popular measures such as:
  • CTRA licenses

before the season there HAS to be a test race to sort out problems of any kind and finding mistakes we have not seen until then.
our current idea is to exclude MoE/IGTC drivers. teams are welcome, but only a lineup not racing in both leagues. this is to give newer teams a better chance. ctra licences and the other factors you thought about are not relevant for us. except the qualification sessions if we get more application than grid places
more in the next few weeks. we are currently working on website and rules
It would be a great way to give our less experienced drivers a chance as well
If it isn't for MOE or IGTC aliens, I'm in
If I got it well, I only need to be clean and respectufull to enter in this "feeder"?
Good luck with this league anyway... You'll probably see me in this
PS: OH and yeah... sorry for my awfull english
We're interested
This thread is closed

IGTC feeder discussion
(48 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG