The online racing simulator
Quote from duke_toaster :Ideally all sporting events and live music would be exempt from noise regulations - as well as a ban on whinging about something that either keeps the local economy afloat, or was there when you moved in.

Well when you bring more in to the local economy than a place that offers too loud live music, and because of that disturbs your clients, it gets annoying
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.motorcyclenews.com/ ... re-in-doubt/?R=EPI-105606

So the plan

Look at various race circuit locations in the UK. Take advantage of the reduced value of a house near a noise generating venue by purchasing it. Then to maximise value then sue the circuit on grounds of 'noise'.

Of course destroying local jobs, and economies is a tiny side effect but these people that work within motorsport can easily get jobs in the booming car industry.

In all seriousness I think it's about time some form of group was created to show strength in the motorsport industry. We are going to be facing THE hardest years in motorsport EVER and this sort of thing really doesn't help us.

What a load of tosh.. surely Caveat Emptor applies here? How on earth can anyone who bought a house next to a race circuit justifyable sue that circuit for noise issues? Unless Croft were breaking the noise regs that is. If not the judge should be disrobed for blatent lack of understanding of law !!

Edited to add-

hmm having read (most of) the judgement it does seem that the owners of Croft have pretty much dictated what the "acceptable" levels of noise from the circuit should be and had it rubber stamped by a local official at the time. Unfortunately for him the current noise nusiance law doesn't seem to allow such and given that the owners of the property did buy it at a time when there was very little racing going on I can see their issue to be honest.
The appeal of the Dunkeswell judgement is today if anyones interested! Let's hope it's good news
Looks as if the judgement has gone Dunkeswell's way
Woo, that's a good thing, right?
yep appealed against a noise abatement order and won!!!!
Link?
#33 - 5haz
Jolly good, according to Wikipedia (the most reliable source of information available anywhere.), this isn't the first time Croft has won a case on noise issues, Snetterton won a case as well I think (although Snetterton is in the middle of nowhere).
Quote from 5haz :Jolly good, according to Wikipedia (the most reliable source of information available anywhere.), this isn't the first time Croft has won a case on noise issues, Snetterton won a case as well I think (although Snetterton is in the middle of nowhere).

croft hasn;t won anything... I am referring to Dunkeswell. Nigel Mansell's track who has come under ENORMOUS pressure from local NIMBY's!
Quote from 5haz :(although Snetterton is in the middle of nowhere).

Well, the middle of Norfolk, which is near enough
Quote from Intrepid :yep appealed against a noise abatement order and won!!!!

Woo.

Eat that all you noise activists. Protest against yourselfs some day and save us all the trouble!
same happened to teesside autodrome with drifting. they where told if drifting didnt stopped - the track would be closed due to noice which you cant hear past the front gate XD

the tracks have been there longest, they should have priority over surroundings!
well considering the depression we are heading into, no council, or judge will be brave enough to close any sort of business down
Quote from J@tko :Well, the middle of Norfolk, which is near enough

Norfolk's ****ing weird, man.

No offense (well...) to all the Norfolk people here - I know there's a lot of you - but it's ****ing weird down there. In a bad way.
#40 - 5haz
Quote from thisnameistaken :Norfolk's ****ing weird, man.

No offense (well...) to all the Norfolk people here - I know there's a lot of you - but it's ****ing weird down there. In a bad way.

Why? The only odd thing I can think of is Great Yarmouth, which seems to still be stuck in the 1970's when people still did go to the seaside for a holiday.
#41 - mr_x
The appeal for Croft is being heard today. Lets hope for some good news.
Quote from mr_x :The appeal for Croft is being heard today. Lets hope for some good news.

Fingers crossed for my local track! I got there every year for the BTCC, it's the only track near (it's an hour away ) with big events, I might not have anywhere to go...

Plus I'm doing a driving experience there in a few weeks, will this be affected if it isn't good news?
#43 - mr_x

Okay people, what should I do to those ****ers when I go there? Torching their house would have good results, but it seems a bit obvious - I want to do something more subtle, possibly with a hint of irony. It still has to destroy their lives, though, as this ruling has destroyed quite a few other's. Croft Promo-Sport has to pay around £809,600 and 'noisy activities' have to be restricted to 40 days a year, including track days. ****ing hell, those pricks have certainly got their revenge! Don't try telling me this isn't, the claimant moved to the home in order to work at the track to get more racing going on, then the daughter (?) divorced the guy who set up Croft Promo-Sport.

Goodbye UK motorsport!

Oh, and mr x, see if you can get a group of people attending the Historic Rally to go and...erm...say something to the claimants while you're there!

EDIT: Here's a petition, though you have to donate to the site: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savecroftcircuit/
EDIT2: It seems you don't have to donate, though I don't know what I did...fill in your details + email adress without comment and click sign, then go back and click on the 'signatures' tab.
Croft should've hired the same legal team Mansell used to save Dunkeswell!

bad news indeed, but it is just a symptom of an overly spoilt credit rich nation who seem to not realise the consequences of their actions. I hope the claimants can sleep more soundly at night knowing some people will be out of a job struggling to feed their family!
#46 - mr_x
Quote from Timdpr :
Oh, and mr x, see if you can get a group of people attending the Historic Rally to go and...erm...say something to the claimants while you're there!

Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56260629746

Historic Rally event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=62481735147

Protesting in a 'violent' way isn't the way of doing it as it'll end up getting the circuit into more trouble, it has to be peaceful but it still has to show that the circuit has support and people care about keeping the track alive.
Quote from Intrepid :Croft should've hired the same legal team Mansell used to save Dunkeswell!

bad news indeed, but it is just a symptom of an overly spoilt credit rich nation who seem to not realise the consequences of their actions. I hope the claimants can sleep more soundly at night knowing some people will be out of a job struggling to feed their family!

The kind of people that are against motorsport are the kind of people that wouldn't care, so long as their Range Rover isn't disturbed
Quote from mr_x :Protesting in a 'violent' way isn't the way of doing it as it'll end up getting the circuit into more trouble, it has to be peaceful but it still has to show that the circuit has support and people care about keeping the track alive.

I know, I know. I was joking, but that doesn't mean I'm any less annoyed! It's the only major track that is relatively easy to get to from where I live, last time I went to a big motorsport event not at Croft was at Silverstone in 2003! Croft is in a pretty rural area, I just fail to see how this judgement was passed, how this bloody family were awarded over £100,000! ****ing ****s! I love Croft!
My Local - Oulton Park just has sound regulations at the track days they use one of those microphone things to see how loud it is before they let it on track. Thing is what you mostly hear for miles is bikes and therefore Caterhams, and Caterhams flood track days like John Prescott floods his bathroom when he gets in bath and just as messy!
I don't see a problem with direct harassment or abuse being directed at that family, they just got a massive payout for being selfish money grabbing twats, that's a free pass to be abused in my book. We can draw the line at violence though, that's just stupid and not very creative. A far better solution is to get a bunch of people with Ducati's to park on their driveway and rev their engines at 4am every monday morning until they move out or go deaf.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG