The online racing simulator
need Nvidia on a budget.
(53 posts, started )
need Nvidia on a budget.
i decided to get a Gcard for my pc, and i need a good gaghics card for under 100 USD... but im more confused than before on what to get. i want an Nvidia with the best overal performance and hopefuly DX10support .
not a video card a gpaghics gaming card.
#2 - Jakg
Why nVidia? And what are the specs of your current PC?
6600 or 6800, something like that..
Quote from Jakg :Why nVidia? And what are the specs of your current PC?

Yes indeed, I think, if you have a small budget you better should go for an ATI. If you have a big budget, go for an ATI.
intel dual cpu E2180 32-bit
@2GHZ
2GB RAM
currently a nvidia 7100
anything else?
7900gt or ati 3850 good cheap upgrade
soo, what better when its ati vs. nvidia?
7600GT. Although it's not DX10, and no doubt someone else will recommend something better anyhow
The GeForce 9800GT costs $104 on tiger direct & im sure it can be found for an even cheaper price.

Thats the card you want

Quote from chavm481 :soo, what better when its ati vs. nvidia?

The 9800GT directly competes with the HD3870 single slot and the nvidia is a tiny bit better. They're both the same price now so i say buy the nvidia
heres my specs if the other wasnt clear.
so nothing great under 100 USD?
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Quote from tezuka :the geforce 9800gt costs $104 on tiger direct & im sure it can be found for an even cheaper price.

Thats the card you want :d

the 9800gt directly competes with the hd3870 single slot and the nvidia is a tiny bit better. They're both the same price now so i say buy the nvidia

+1
Quote from Bramski :
Quote from Tezuka :The GeForce 9800GT costs $104 on tiger direct & im sure it can be found for an even cheaper price.

Thats the card you want

The 9800GT directly competes with the HD3870 single slot and the nvidia is a tiny bit better. They're both the same price now so i say buy the nvidia

+1

+1
That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I think this is the best card for this price, and has DX10 and PCI-E 2.0.
Go for the 4830 unless your a Nvidia fanboy.
Quote from Forbin :

A 9600GT can be found for under $100 easily.

Under $100 you can get one over here for less than £20 infact you could buy a used 7900gt for £20 on ebay.
The 9600GT was released a year ago as a $200 part, with performance on par with an 8800GT, far superior to a 7900GT. It's now about a $90 part. The next step up from that is a 9800GT for around $130.

Perhaps you're thinking of the ATI 9600 Pro or 9600 XT from 2003?
can you look for a reasonable price on frys.com bestbuy.com ?
No offense, why don't you look yourself?

At the end of the day, it's you that has to buy it and use it, so if you find your own prices you may learn some things that may help you.
i get confused by cards for movies and others for games...
:Eyecrazy: --> ---> :weeping:
Look at Toms Hardware or something. They have reviews of cards across a variety of games.

Graphics cards for movies? Someone makes a graphics card soley dedicated to playing films..? Man I must be living under a rock.
yes, according to the man on youtube...
#23 - Jakg
YouTube = The most useless place to get information, ever.

They make basic graphics card which are designed to play back HD Content for media centres - small, quiet and use little power. As a by product they play games ok, too...
^yes, thats the one i saw.

need Nvidia on a budget.
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG