The online racing simulator
Vista Restore problem
(5 posts, started )
Vista Restore problem
Ok i just tried to hook a ps3 controller to my pc and it kinda fk'ed it up so now the keyboard doesnt work and the mouse works occasionly. I read that this can happen and theres no way out of it. Luckily i just downloaded and installed netkar pro 5 minutes earlier and installing diectx created a restore point. So i figured i would give it a go and started the restore and walked away.

I come back 5 - 10 minutes later to see Vista sitting at the welcome screen as if its trying to load back into the desktop. So i leave it to do its thing again and now my monitor has gone to sleep and i cant wake it up and i have no idea if the restore worked or not.
So heres the question. Do i reset the pc? Could this totally bugger things up seen as it might have been in the middle of restoring or do i leave it and hope it all turns out ok. Also can i wake my monitor up without inputs from either keyboard or mouse (which arent working it seems)
#2 - JJ72
wait it out a bit, maybe an hour or two, better not mess it up even more because of iimpatience, if it is not recoverable then it already is.
Mmhm, wait an hour or two then restart it, but last time I checked unless it's doing something awfully important, you can reset the PC at any time apart from the "restoring files" time (where the bar is on the screen) without overtly damaging the PC
I was impatient and reset it soon after posting. I got a few blue screens before it even got close to the desktop then it seemed to work the third time and it said the restore had been complete just had no mouse and keyboard working which means my plan failed. Guess i'll have to throw xp back on.
#5 - Krane
Remove the PS3 usb driver, it caused problems for my cousin too. Use USB->PS/2 adapter to get keboard and mouse working if they don't work in safe mode.

Vista Restore problem
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG