The online racing simulator
LFS Dedicated Server and IP problems
I'm running LFS dedicated Server on a PC with the plan to race on our network.

Unfortunally our network has an IP range of 192.9.xxx.xxx, so when starting LFS and selecting LAN, LFS does not accept this range as a valid local IP.

I can not change our network IP range.
I can change the IP adress on the PC (to 192.168.0.x) but then this PC and LFS Dedicated server cannot be found anymore.

What are the options to bypass this problem?
Grz. Frank
i host lfs server from long time and never saw that
how can you get an ip range on a computer if a lan ip should be "static"

the only one range you can get is 192.168.0.xxx (if you change it manually)

(some router use 192.168.1.xxx)

and when i start a server i never write down an ip just let that setting default (automatic)

Quote :

I can not change our network IP range.
I can change the IP adress on the PC (to 192.168.0.x) but then this PC and LFS Dedicated server cannot be found anymore.

did you tryed on another machine ?

you know you can get your lan ip of you comp

start/exec
write : cmd and then press enter
write : ipconfig in the command prompt

if you on vista
instead of (start/exec) just do the windows button on your keyboard (the windows logo) + "R" and write down cmd then continue like i said

your default ip lan will be on the line:
(may be different beacause its traduced) adress IPv4 : xxx.xxx.x.xxx
Quote from GI-Frank :Unfortunally our network has an IP range of 192.9.xxx.xxx, so when starting LFS and selecting LAN, LFS does not accept this range as a valid local IP.

Use a "hidden" server, rather than LAN. This means that you can join via the master, using the server name. It's just not published. You may need to faff with firewalls, etc. depending on your situation.

Quote from lfs-drift staff :i host lfs server from long time and never saw that

Whilst GI-Frank is describing the situation as a "LAN", the range given is not within the RFC1918 address ranges (one of which you listed). This means one of two things;
1. The "LAN" is made up of publically addressable IPs
2. The "LAN" is inappropriately assigned it's IPs
Quote from the_angry_angel :Use a "hidden" server, rather than LAN. This means that you can join via the master, using the server name. It's just not published. You may need to faff with firewalls, etc. depending on your situation.

Whilst GI-Frank is describing the situation as a "LAN", the range given is not within the RFC1918 address ranges (one of which you listed). This means one of two things;
1. The "LAN" is made up of publically addressable IPs
2. The "LAN" is inappropriately assigned it's IPs

okk sry mistake here

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG