The online racing simulator
Force Feedback - doesn't seem right
I realized that even when the car is idling, my steering wheel oscillates back and forth like crazy. So I figure that LFS must be trying to simulate the engine though this seem to be on the extreme side. I then turn off the engine, and my wheel still oscillates back and forth. My FFB is at 60 and I'm using Logitech DPGT. I'm wondering whether is it just me, the driver for the wheel, or is the game suppose to act like that?
Sounds crazy, I've never had that happen to me with any of the 4 different wheels I've used with LFS. Although I've not used that particular model, I don't see why it would be different.

Is that 60% the in-game strength? If so, check your profiler settings are correct for LFS: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel
Yes and I have changed my Logitech profiler as suggested on the website. I'm starting to think it might be the wheel's driver since it doesn't have an official driver out yet (using the wingman team driver right now). Other than the forcefeed back at the start, the game feels very good with this wheel.
Quote from pingy72 :I realized that even when the car is idling, my steering wheel oscillates back and forth like crazy. So I figure that LFS must be trying to simulate the engine though this seem to be on the extreme side. I then turn off the engine, and my wheel still oscillates back and forth. My FFB is at 60 and I'm using Logitech DPGT. I'm wondering whether is it just me, the driver for the wheel, or is the game suppose to act like that?

Yeah, I've noticed, mine does the same sometimes. It's not constant, however, normally when I stop and the FFB doesn't like my wheel/road position. Since you're using a DPGT and I'm using a G25, it's probably a bug with the Logitech=>LFS drivers.
My DFP does weird stuff when my car is stopped, too. Especially when I press the brake pedal! The wheel swings to one side, sometimes to full lock, and the FFB keeps it there. It's very hard to move it back to the centre, and when you do, it just swings back again. The only cure is to start moving again! It IS constant for me...
#6 - G!NhO
i have this in rFactor :\

maybe you havent got the settings right?
can you post a screenshot of your profiler settings and ingame?
Quote from Timdpr :My DFP does weird stuff when my car is stopped, too. Especially when I press the brake pedal! The wheel swings to one side, sometimes to full lock, and the FFB keeps it there. It's very hard to move it back to the centre, and when you do, it just swings back again. The only cure is to start moving again! It IS constant for me...

Only happening whne my car is damaged.
Here's a screenshot of the in-game and Logitech profiler. Funny I haven't encounter this problem in any of the Simbin games .The FFB at zero to low speed is almost the same as travelling at high speed which led me to think it might be a coding issue?
Attached images
LFS FFB.JPG
#9 - ZeroR
Try putting the "overall effects strength" to <= 100%. I see you have it at 110%. I think most people had that same problem when it was set over 100%. I have a G25 at 100% and it does not do that at all.
Wow that really does the trick after setting the FFB to 100%. I would never have suspected that, thanks ZeroR
and center spring needs to be 0%
Quote from Timdpr :My DFP does weird stuff when my car is stopped, too. Especially when I press the brake pedal! The wheel swings to one side, sometimes to full lock, and the FFB keeps it there. It's very hard to move it back to the centre, and when you do, it just swings back again. The only cure is to start moving again! It IS constant for me...

Same here but it never really bothered me. Never thought of it as a bug or anything.

I think that's a combination of controller lag and the way forces are modeled (or not modeled in some cases) - it's more prominent with low steering range/high force settings though.

I haven't played a sim yet that (certifiably) does real-time calculations through all the states the vehicle is in and doesn't exhibit this or similar behaviour. In rFactor you can get this for example at very low speeds using the RealFeel plugin, which is one of the reasons I think they've added the "minimum speed" option in it's .ini - going under the speed uses the built-in rFactor engine that doesn't actually do realtime calcs.

Only in RBR I've noticed rather realistic ffb effects when stationary or at low speeds, but I'm not entirely convinced they are being calculated on the fly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG