The online racing simulator
Quote from Bandit77 :NightShift, you DO know that Japan isn't part of Europe, do you?

The XRG/XRT and the RB4 are certainly japanese, and I could even count the UF1 as one because of the suspensions. That still leaves you with the XFG, FXO, LX4/6, RAC, FZ5.

We're still at 5 out of 8 I know that for some strange reason some people think the XFG is a Cultus instead of the AX/106, the FXO is a Civic and not an Astra, but they're obviously wrong

Quote from Bandit77 :Well, then your manual shifting in LFS should be faster than the automated.

Why don't you download some .RAF files from LFSworld and check how much time it takes to make a shift?

My shifting speed is what I feel comfortable about, without purposely trying to nuke the controller. I can think of a couple ways to reduce shifting time, which require fiddling and modding, though.

Quote from Bandit77 :Automated shift shouldn't be slowed down just because some G25-realism-junkies can't shift fast enough.

I'm with you on this, in fact driving helps should be slowed down so that people who already own a wheel with clutch+shifter will be lured into using them, and the ones who don't, would think about taking the plunge because there'll be an advantage in doing so.

Quote from Bandit77 :Anyway, I don't wanna bash you but just wanted to express where I disagree first.

Glad to hear that

Quote from Bandit77 :Actually I'm not totally happy with the current tranny behavior either. I really think the whole manual shifting should be slowed down a bit. I've never driven a manual where shifting this fast was possible without tearing the gearbox apart.

TBH this is more a shortcoming of the affordable controllers rather than a problem with LFS itself.

Quote from Bandit77 :Not before this a glance to the rev-counter would confirm your suspicion: you're in the wrong gear.
Seconds have passed.

I could live with that, but for those who won't, it'd be a switch so nothing is lost (and I would like to see the odometer where the gear indicator currently is)

Quote from Bandit77 :With time this procedure was picked up by muscle memory too, but seriously: it's not a bit closer to perceived reality. And most of all: it doesn't add ANYTHING but a hassle to the gameplay.

I see where you're coming from, but I can't share your conclusions.

IRL it comes easier because the cockpit of a car is much more suited to certain maneuvers than most *cough* cockpits we play LFS with.

Instead of giving up on heel and toe in LFS, I'm trying to address that issue directly. Of course if LFS did nothing to promote realistic driving habits, some people would drive the 490 bhp FZR like it was an Aygo M-MT but I ask myself, where's the fun in that?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG